Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl mistreated by Police (Merck's Press Release / Statement on Sweden incident)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl mistreated by Police (Merck's Press Release / Statement on Sweden incident)  (Read 10589 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« on: June 30, 2006, 07:53:01 AM »

Guns N' Roses Continue Through Europe!

Guns N' Roses manager Merck Mercuriadis released this statement following the band's sold out show in Oslo, Norway last night. Their first since Axl Rose was released from jail in Stockholm on Tuesday.

"We are very unhappy about Tuesday's events in Stockholm. To put this in context, we are in the middle of a tour - with sold out shows last night in Oslo, tomorrow in Copenhagen, and Saturday in Zurich rounding out this week alone - and continuing until the beginning of August.

The Swedish authorities were very aware of this, yet continually threatened us over a 12 hour period with between 5 days and 3 weeks incarceration without bail if Axl did not "cooperate." They were fully aware that there were millions of dollars at stake, not to mention the hopes of tens of thousands of fans who had paid for tickets to see Guns N' Roses.

The point is, the police report should not be taken at face value, and if one were to be explicit, this experience is tantamount to being held for ransom. If the context were any different, Axl would probably have preferred to spend the time in jail in order to ensure that all the facts were a matter of public record.

In addition to this, we are also not happy at the treatment he received. He was arrested after being accosted by a security guard in his hotel, following which he was physically mistreated by the arresting officer in the process of which a valuable bracelet went missing not to be returned. While in custody, he was held down by 5 police officers while a doctor tried to take blood to administer a drug test 3 different times. This illustrates not only the level of incompetence, but malice involved. The results of the test were negative, but the exercise was a clear example of an authoritarian approach trying to flex its muscles. This is the same draconian approach that assumes the security guard in question is telling the truth just because he has a badge.

Here you have a situation where authorities are skewing information their way, with the media all too ready to run with the biased reports. I did not receive a single phone call Tuesday to verify or comment on any of the reported events. There is a long history of claims by law enforcement, media and others against Axl that have not held up against scrutiny, legal or otherwise. He has had countless baseless lawsuits brought by numerous attorneys and nothing of any merit has ever held up.

This is not a criticism of the people of Stockholm. The 15,000 people at the show Monday night were amazing, and everyone we met before and after were terrific, until the encounter with the over exuberant security guard. That is where encounters with real people stop and the authorities attempt to take over. There were a number of people involved who treated Axl well, while the conduct of some was questionable and others still deplorable. Regardless, Guns N' Roses will return to Sweden where they will play once again for the people, not the authorities.

Love him or hate him don't get it twisted."

I especially like the "Love him or hate him don't get it twisted" line.  It does go to show that there are two sides to every story.  FYI, snippets of this press release are appearing in news outlets all over the place.  Of course, the parts appearing are all about "Axl being mistreated" - no comments that I've seen yet about the sold out shows or success of the tour, to date.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 08:24:10 AM »

i think this press release is just stupid. everyone knows that axl was drunk and go carried away yelling at his beta.  the security would not talk to or bother a respected hotel guest like axl rose for no reason! it wouldnt happen!  and poor axl pretned to be kidnaped or held for ransom! if he would have gone to his room or his bed he wouldnt be held! simple!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 08:30:26 AM »

It's just damage control with some promotion mixed in.  Do not take what merck says at face value.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 08:35:42 AM »

Of course its spin.  Thats Merck's job.  Still, I doubt they'd make claims like the 5 cops holding Axl down for a 'forced drug test' unless they're true.  (As in, I'm sure there's some form of evidence that such a thing really happened - even if its just surveilance footage held by the Swedish authorities)

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:36:21 AM »

i think this press release is just stupid. everyone knows that axl was drunk and go carried away yelling at his beta.?

Do we? Since when?? I certainly wouldn't claim knowledge of the incident not having been there, witnessed it first-hand nor having heard the testimony of a trusted friend?? Likewise, I can't believe that anyone else who is basing their assumptions on newspaper accounts and media tittle-tattle have any notion of what actually took place.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:40:41 AM »

i think this press release is just stupid. everyone knows that axl was drunk and go carried away yelling at his beta.?

Do we? Since when?? I certainly wouldn\'t claim knowledge of the incident not having been there, witnessed it first-hand nor having heard the testimony of a trusted friend?? Likewise, I can\'t believe that anyone else who is basing their assumptions on newspaper accounts and media tittle-tattle have any notion of what actually took place.

he was seen drinking all nite long! he has a very bad temper! he bite the mans leg!

bad bad bad... not good actions that he used that day.
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 08:53:27 AM »

i think this press release is just stupid. everyone knows that axl was drunk and go carried away yelling at his beta.? the security would not talk to or bother a respected hotel guest like axl rose for no reason! it wouldnt happen!? and poor axl pretned to be kidnaped or held for ransom! if he would have gone to his room or his bed he wouldnt be held! simple!

Glad we have a first hand direct eyewitness account of things to clear what really happened up  hihi
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 08:58:03 AM »

i think this press release is just stupid. everyone knows that axl was drunk and go carried away yelling at his beta.? the security would not talk to or bother a respected hotel guest like axl rose for no reason! it wouldnt happen!? and poor axl pretned to be kidnaped or held for ransom! if he would have gone to his room or his bed he wouldnt be held! simple!

Glad we have a first hand direct eyewitness account of things to clear what really happened up? hihi

no im not there ok!!!!!! i dont see it all! but i dont see any of it first hands!! i KNOW he was drinking! I saw the pictures of it in his hands. I KNOW he has a bad temper!! and I KNOW that a hotel security would not want to make a troubles with a respected millionare guest at the hotel! 

the rest i can piece together with some of my senses!!!!  the press release is stupid.
badapple81
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 09:00:13 AM »

Glad we have a first hand direct eyewitness account of things to clear what really happened up? hihi

no im not there ok!!!!!! i dont see it all! but i dont see any of it first hands!! i KNOW he was drinking! I saw the pictures of it in his hands. I KNOW he has a bad temper!! and I KNOW that a hotel security would not want to make a troubles with a respected millionare guest at the hotel!?

the rest i can piece together with some of my senses!!!!? the press release is stupid.

Yeah.. being allowed to tell your own side of the story is stupid huh. Especially to a set of fans that constantly complain about Axl not explaining himself.

Anyway incident over and this kick ass tour continues.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 09:01:20 AM »

Why would they do a blood test?

To see if Axl had narcotics in him?? I know that certain drugs if you are on them, you list them, right?? Such as anything prescription.? But does anyone think that there is more going on then just alcohol?

Well, if he did would they cover that up too? Huh

Well, if it was their intention to trump up a case as much as they could against him in order to get as much money as they could out of him, they'd love to have a positive drug test in order to maybe add a possession of a drug charge against him (even though that would he a shitty case at best.) While I believe Merck is doing his job and adding his spin to the story, I've said from the get go that we'll never know exactly what happened. I also said that I guarantee Axl has a long time hatred of authority figures, if you can't figure that out, then you obviously don't read his lyrics or analyze his actions. You take a drunk Axl getting harrassed by some guards who think they're sweet because they have a badge, you're brewing up a bad situation right there. I can say that I've been in that same situation before at Central Michigan University where I was COMPLETELY sober and Resident Assistants wanted to search my dorm room, I told them to "fuck off".. they the were like "we'll call the police".. I said "you can tell them to fuck off too." Police came, started searching my room, I sat there and just ripped on them the whole time they were saying mean things to me. It ended with them finding nothing, me passing a breath test, then them taking me to the doctors for a forced blood test, at which that point it became physical... fortunately for me, I wasn't in a held for ransom situation, and those cops got fucked when I sued the school. I believe there is definitely some truth to Axl+Merck's side of the story, I know personally that some cops can be pieces of shit, although some can be great too.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 09:03:50 AM »

no im not there ok!!!!!! i dont see it all! but i dont see any of it first hands!! i KNOW he was drinking! I saw the pictures of it in his hands. I KNOW he has a bad temper!! and I KNOW that a hotel security would not want to make a troubles with a respected millionare guest at the hotel!?

the rest i can piece together with some of my senses!!!!? the press release is stupid.

See, that's where you are wrong, some douche bag security guards will look for ANY reason to flex their muscle, especially against a guy with a temper, let's say Axl Rose, Dennis Rodman, Dennis Leary, Ray Lewis, etc..... I'm not saying Axl did NOTHING wrong, but he could have only done something minor, but was then escalated by a security guard on a power trip. You can't rule that possibility out.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 09:04:34 AM »

yeah, but his sides of the stories are always blaming someone else.. ur righ back to the tour! no more problems i hope

Yeah.. being allowed to tell your own side of the story is stupid huh. Especially to a set of fans that constantly complain about Axl not explaining himself.

Anyway incident over and this kick ass tour continues.

your right its over hope its done with now.  but i think axls side of the story is always him blaming someone else even as obvious as this looks that he was wrong he would blame it to someone else.  the security guards were not drunk
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 09:07:48 AM by estranged2006 » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 09:06:37 AM »

Also, keep in mind Axl and Merck's hands were tied, when in a foreign country you're fucked man, you got barely any rights.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 09:13:53 AM »

Security Guard: 'AXL ROSE Was Going To Kill Me' - June 30, 2006
The hotel security guard who was involved in a brawl with GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose the morning after the band's concert in Stockholm, Sweden has broken his silence on the incident.

Pascal H?kansson (photo#1, photo#2), 25, who was working his fourth day as a security guard at the Berns hotel when he was allegedly assaulted by Rose, spoke exclusively to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet about the Tuesday morning (June 27) altercation.

"Axl came alone to the hotel and went up to his room," H?kansson said. "He came back again in the company of some sort of coordinator ? an older woman, who was his 'mom.'"

According to Pascal, what was about to happen turned out to be the most bizarre thing he's experienced in his five years as a security guard.

"Axl was pissed off because people had left him alone at some party," Pascal said. "He was loaded, in a bad mood and started cursing at the woman. When he started banging on the walls, I approached him and asked him to lower his voice."

When Axl ignored him, the security guard approached the assistant instead.

"Then Axl turned around and pushed me in my chest and neck," H?kansson said.

How hard?

"I totally lost balance. I wasn't prepared and I had to kneel for a moment in order to be able to remain standing. Then he jumped me and started fighting. I had to fend off a few punches, on my arms, for instance. Then I got hold of his neck and got him down on the ground. We wrestled for about a minute; he was strong."

And that's when he bit you?

"Yeah, but it wasn't until afterwards that I felt it. When you get such a rush of adrenaline, you don't feel anything. He could have had Hepatitis B or something. It was very uncomfortable. In general, it's disgusting to bite people."

When you were lying there on the ground, were you able to get both his arms in a lock?

"No, it wasn't possible. He was wild. He was totally wild. He was gonna kill me. 'I'm gonna fuck your life up,' he screamed."

At the same time as Axl Rose's bodyguard came down to the lobby, the reception called the police.

"Axl was stark-raving mad," Pascal continued. "The bodyguard tried to calm him down, but Axl threatened to fire him if he intervened. That's when he threw a vase into an antique mirror."

How did Axl look?

"He had a crazy, disturbing look."

Was he intoxicated?

"Yes, he was intoxicated, by alcohol or something."

At 7:45 a.m., four policemen with their batons drawn entered Berns hotel.

"He was still bouncing up and down screaming that he was gonna make my life a living hell," Pascal said.

What happened to you when the police detained Axl and drove away to the police station?

"I was upset. I sat down and talked to the staff at the reception. One of the girls was sad after what had happened. I wrote a report. Then the police called and wanted me to go to the hospital."

What did they check you out for at the hospital?

"If my skin had broken, but it hadn't. It was mostly a superficial wound."

Did you have time to be afraid? According to you, he seemed to be totally out of control.

"I have worked a lot as a bouncer at nightclubs and have become somewhat desensitized. I didn't have time to be afraid. But afterwards, it hit me. He was totally crazy. Anything could have happened."

Why have you been laying low until now?

"You have to reflect a bit before going public."

Axl Rose has admitted the crimes and will pay you 10,000 SEK (approximately $1,400) in damages. Have you heard anything from him since this incident?

"No one has called me. Not the police, not the District Attorney, not Axl's crew. It wold be nice to get an apology."

Will you proceed with this matter?

"I'm going to contact a lawyer to see what options are available. If this would have happened in the U.S., I probably would have been a millionaire," Pascal said with a smile.

H?kansson is now off work for a week before returning to his position as the security guard at the lobby of the Berns hotel.

"This was my fourth day at Berns and people told me that nothing ever happened there," Pascal said. "And then this is how it turns out. It's just totally crazy."

Aftonbladet has tried to reach Axl Rose through the concert booking agency Ema Telstar for a comment, but with no luck.

"I hold no grudge against him," H?kansson insisted. "I just did my job and did it well. It was nothing personal against me ? it could have happened to anyone. It's just by pure luck that it wasn't one of the girls working in the reception that was harmed."

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 09:21:38 AM »

When Axl ignored him, the security guard approached the assistant instead.

"Then Axl turned around and pushed me in my chest and neck," H?kansson said.

That explains why Axl said he just wanted to make sure Beta was okay. I didn't get that part till now.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 09:22:10 AM »

I belive that man. He was there! there is your first hand account and wittness! no tabloid, no news, nope. I belive that mans story. he was not drunk and axl was. ?Axl should just admit that he was fucked up and appologizes to the man. everyone will be ok with it then!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 09:24:01 AM »

Sounds like he's preparing a case against Axl Rose to get on the money train. I'd be shocked if Axl just started slugging on the guy. no Definitely sounds like Axl was wasted though, lol at the guard saying he "feared for his life", "disturbing look", "he told me he was going to make my life a living hell", "he was going to kill me" etc.... that's straight up what you need to say to claim "mental harm","post traumatic stress disorder" or "intentional infliction of emotional distress" civil claims in the United States. I know that because that's what I claimed the cops made me feel after they fucked with me at college. ?hihi

I'd bet my bottom dollar he contacted a lawyer the next day, this is phase 1 of the civil lawsuit. Wink
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 09:28:17 AM by Mr.Intensity » Logged
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 09:27:11 AM »

i believe the guard, poor guy. i wouldn't to face an aging rock star on a powertrip either... confused

Chinese Democracy!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 09:30:08 AM »

i believe the guard, poor guy. i wouldn't to face an aging rock star on a powertrip either... confused

I believe some of what he said is true, but if you believe he "feared for his life," you absolutely know nothing about police/security guards. Those guys deal with 10x bigger lunatics than Axl and have been shot at or actually took beatings where they couldn't subdue a guy, to say Axl Rose made him "fear for his life".. nothing more than him setting up his lawsuit to hop on that money train.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 09:38:23 AM »

i believe the guard, poor guy. i wouldn\'t to face an aging rock star on a powertrip either... confused

I believe some of what he said is true, but if you believe he \"feared for his life,\" you absolutely know nothing about police/security guards. Those guys deal with 10x bigger lunatics than Axl and have been shot at or actually took beatings where they couldn\'t subdue a guy, to say Axl Rose made him \"fear for his life\".. nothing more than him setting up his lawsuit to hop on that money train.

hes a hotel security guard. hes not a police. hes not even armed. axl is nuts and everyone knows that! he prob was afraid.  axl should just admit that he was drunk and what he did. appologize to the man and it would be ok! no lawsuits,  no bad press, no problems. dont make fun of the guy onstage coz he did his job. he needs to grow up about it all.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: