Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl mistreated by Police (Merck's Press Release / Statement on Sweden incident)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl mistreated by Police (Merck's Press Release / Statement on Sweden incident)  (Read 10587 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 12:31:37 PM »

Merck is pissed because the cops were telling Axl he could be in jail up to three weeks. If they just let axl go with the fine after that one night and were not threatening axl with up to three weeks, I dont think Merck would have said anything. No one goes to jail for three weeks for getting drunk and breaking something and biting someone after getting his hair pulled.

they get a night and detox and post bail the next morning. That was mercks point not that axl was wrong. He said he was mistreated which he was after going to the drunk tank.

I dont think he is saying Axl was not at fault, he was unhappy with the cops telling axl they are going to detrail the tour

Plus showing that Axl Rose chose the fans and the tour over his own self pride...

...And the Million of dollars at stake (in the words of Merck)

hihi well maybe Brain's rubbed off on him and Axl just "has to get paid." hihi
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 12:41:41 PM »

Or perhaps there are other people on the tour that need to be paid, like the road crew.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 02:33:30 PM »

I just got my Yahoo GnR News aler and some of these online "News" outlets sure do know how to twist a headline around.  Here are some examples:

Yahoo! Alerts Yahoo! News - My Alerts - Edit Alert 
Friday, June 30, 2006 10:08 AM PDT

Guns N' Roses Continue Through Europe!
CNW Group via Yahoo! Finance Thu, 29 Jun 2006 6:52 PM PDT
Guns N' Roses manager Merck Mercuriadis released this statement following the band's sold out show in Oslo, Norway last night. Their first since Axl Rose was released from jail in Stockholm on Tuesday: 

Guns N' Roses hit out at Swedish police
NME Fri, 30 Jun 2006 3:12 AM PDT
The band declare themselves 'very unhappy' 

Rose complains of police 'malice'
BBC News Fri, 30 Jun 2006 1:10 AM PDT
Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose was "held for ransom" and mistreated by Swedish police during his arrest, his manager claims. 

Rock star Axl Rose accuses police
BBC News Fri, 30 Jun 2006 1:33 AM PDT
Rock band Guns N' Roses claim singer Axl Rose was "held for ransom" and mistreated when arrested in Sweden. 

Axl Rose mag Schweden immer noch
Whiskey Soda Fri, 30 Jun 2006 7:33 AM PDT
Nach seiner Verhaftung in Stockholm am letzten Dienstag hat Guns N'Roses -Frontmann Axl Rose nun verlauten lassen, dass er Schweden immer noch in Ordnung findet: Zuvor jedoch willigte Rose ein, knapp 4000 Euro Bussgeld zu zahlen und weitere 1000 Schmerzensgeld an den Beamten, den er ins Bein gebissen hatte . Band Manager Merck Mercuriadis:"We are very unhappy about Tuesdays events in Stockholm. 

Axl Rose Blasts Police For Blackmail
ContactMusic Fri, 30 Jun 2006 5:35 AM PDT
LATEST: GUNS N' ROSES frontman AXL ROSE has blasted Swedish police for blackmailing him into co-operating with their demands. The singer was being he 

Axl on Arrest
antiMUSIC Thu, 29 Jun 2006 6:14 PM PDT
(Blabbermouth) At GUNS N' ROSES' gig in Oslo Wednesday night (June 28), frontman Axl Rose addressed the the hotel brawl that landed him in a Swedish jail earlier in the week. 

I read the statement and nowhere in it is there a quote from Axl.  It's just misleading rant

February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 04:42:12 PM »

Just my two cents, it's likely Axl was very drunk and very pissed, but a security guard that worked in clubs and is scared for is life when treatned by a drunk guy....or either the clubs in sweden are very peacefull places or he should consider getting a new job. I have a couple of friends that are security, and my husband payed 4 years of college working as one two, drunken guys(usually with their friends) getting crazy it's all in a days work.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 04:47:55 PM »

I don't really like this press release...It's kinda goofy really. I've been drunk and arrested and flipped out on cops before...I've been mistreated and whatever. Axl got off pretty good...I know I'd still be in jail if I got in a fight in a hotel and fought there security. It's not a big deal and I really dont care about the incident. I probably shouldn't post this, but whatever.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2006, 05:12:17 PM »

I just heard the first news report about Mercks press release. It was on Howard 100 News update during the 4:00 hours.  I hope other big networks pick up on this story to try to clear the air of the negative press from the other day. This whole things kinda reminds me of the creppy cops on the movie Hostel.  Very crazy stuff however again we will never know the exact truth, its gonna be his word versus another persons word.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Bono
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

Actually this press release might have been a really good thing. I mean Axl was intoxicated so really he wasn't fully in control and "shit hapens". I mean I've been really drunk before(never bit anyone though) and caused some shit or some minor disturbance or whatever and never have I been held down by 5 cops. Wow! that must've been scary. Poor Axl is always being held down by numerous cops, it just doesn't seem fair. That securty guard is a total ass anyways and the cops probably just wanted their name in print beside Axl Rose's name. How cool would that be. Anyways Hopefully Axl is able to put this incident behind him and move on with life, kick ass on tour and put out an a mazing album.  You da man Axl!!!  ok
Parabola
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to Axl's

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »

I love the comment about the tens of thousands of fans who had tickets for the shows? they didn't seem to care about that when Mercks boy was a no show for the Philly show?
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »

i think this press release is just stupid. everyone knows that axl was drunk and go carried away yelling at his beta.? the security would not talk to or bother a respected hotel guest like axl rose for no reason! it wouldnt happen!? and poor axl pretned to be kidnaped or held for ransom! if he would have gone to his room or his bed he wouldnt be held! simple!

Glad we have a first hand direct eyewitness account of things to clear what really happened up? hihi

no im not there ok!!!!!! i dont see it all! but i dont see any of it first hands!! i KNOW he was drinking! I saw the pictures of it in his hands. I KNOW he has a bad temper!! and I KNOW that a hotel security would not want to make a troubles with a respected millionare guest at the hotel!?

the rest i can piece together with some of my senses!!!!? the press release is stupid.

You obiously don't know the mentality of these guards. If they don't like you they fuck you up because they don't like you! Ok? It has been happening to me numerous times that I have been hassled by this kind of guards. And yes I'm not so smart when I'm drunk and crazy shit can happen. That's why I totally identify with a song like Out Ta Get Me, I have taken it to my swedish heart hihi beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »

All I know is if I was drunk and pissed and was being restrained by being pinned on the floor...I would bite'em too!  peace

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2006, 02:13:35 PM »

haha maybe! he spent all his money for the swedish blonde models and spent the nite alone and drunk in a jail cell.? I would be mad too.

That's how things end up for me from time to time hihi

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
sucker punch
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2006, 07:58:54 PM »

FUCK THE POLICE !!! THAY HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT DO HIM FOR SHIT SENCE HIS TEENS!
Athena
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2006, 10:43:33 AM »

Too bad we get stuck with another press release. Would have been nice if Axl himself addressed the issue instead of Merck. However, his word against the security guards words - believe what you want to believe.

Tomorrow I brew, today I bake, and then the child away I take. For little deems my royal dame that Rumpelstiltzkin is my name.
pebbles
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2006, 12:42:14 AM »

they'll learn not to mess with axl.  no
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2006, 08:48:26 AM »

its like what axl said in the early 90s, police just pick on people like him so they have a good story to tell their mates at the pub
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2006, 09:29:24 AM »

Did that picture of the lobby area look alot smaller than you expected?  Maybe it was just the picture.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: