Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Z?rich, Switzerland - July 1 updates/reviews
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Z?rich, Switzerland - July 1 updates/reviews  (Read 18739 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2006, 06:51:22 PM »

I'm sure TWAT will make sporadic appearances the rest of the tour. I'm just curious as to why Rhiad hasn't been played yet if Bumblefoot had to learn it..

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
estranged.1098
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2006, 07:08:15 PM »

I'm sure TWAT will make sporadic appearances the rest of the tour. I'm just curious as to why Rhiad hasn't been played yet if Bumblefoot had to learn it..

Was that story even confirmed to be true?
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2006, 07:13:53 PM »

I\'m sure TWAT will make sporadic appearances the rest of the tour. I\'m just curious as to why Rhiad hasn\'t been played yet if Bumblefoot had to learn it..

Was that story even confirmed to be true?
it was shown on the setlist as an (option) so of course he had to learn it!
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2006, 07:14:46 PM »

I\'m supposed to be getting updates from tonya_ytzerman from tonight\'s show.

Instead of posting and posting and posting after every song, I\'ll update the setlist in this post.

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It\'s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O\' Mine, Knockin\' On Heaven\'s Door, Piano Moving Jam, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Richard Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Think About You, Jam, Bumblefoot Solo (Don\'t Cry), Moving The Piano Jam, November Rain, Band Introductions, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain

Encores: IRS, Robin Solo, Paradise City

Notes: For your Swiss listening pleasure, Mr Robin Finck. [before his solo]

/jarmo

its alot of solos again.
Lipfel
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2006, 07:28:14 PM »

That's why TWAT isn't played yet:

About There Was a Time, the song is, in everybody opinion, amazing, but the song might be too complex and long and might scare the audience who are not aware of the new songs, and of course, Axl does not want to ruin his songs before CD is out ...

From gunsnroses.us, they spoke to some members at the after-show party in Paris .
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2006, 08:01:27 PM »

Yeah, both Chris Pittman and Del James told us that.

If these songs are too complex, then maybe some UYI stuff could be a good idea...

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2006, 03:41:06 AM »

If these songs are too complex, then maybe some UYI stuff could be a good idea...

"some UYI stuff" is too complex as well, maybe that's why they don't play it no

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2006, 03:55:59 AM »

how the hell do WE know that RON isnt learnin' NEWER songs durin' the tour?HuhHuhHuh

let this band do there thing, shut the fuck up will ya's  ok   hihi

holey hell there are some fk'n cry babys around here Shocked Shocked

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
suicide
VIP

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2006, 04:33:25 AM »

That's why TWAT isn't played yet:

About There Was a Time, the song is, in everybody opinion, amazing, but the song might be too complex and long and might scare the audience who are not aware of the new songs, and of course, Axl does not want to ruin his songs before CD is out ...

From gunsnroses.us, they spoke to some members at the after-show party in Paris .
Maybe they should hire MORE keyboard players, MORE guitar players, an extra drummer (hey, they can keep Frank Ferrer abourd when Brain returns), a horn section and some background singers if the song is too complex.? hihi

I don't think the length of the song would scare the audience, some solos take more time than that song.

Anyway, I kinda feel sorry for those of you who go to like 4 shows or more (I saw two, that's enough for this summer) since they always play kinda the same show (though it's the greatest show on earth) and there's no chance of hearing any new songs.
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2006, 06:15:19 AM »

Awsome show !! I'll make a bigger review later !!

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2006, 06:36:17 AM »

I don't buy that the songs are 'too complex'. Lots of bands that play music much more complex than GNR.

What I think they mean is they haven't practiced it enough. Hopefully for the US fans that will be fixed between july end and september.

Here today...ready to rock
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2006, 06:49:15 AM »

Anyone who went to the show knows if Ron was using his foot guitar?? I wonder if he managed to get it fixed...
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2006, 06:52:08 AM »

Anyone who went to the show knows if Ron was using his foot guitar?? I wonder if he managed to get it fixed...

Yep he used it to play his solo and Don't Cry solo Cool Really cool !

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2006, 06:56:03 AM »

Yay!!  beer

Thanks, Lucs!
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2006, 07:01:59 AM »

Anyway, I kinda feel sorry for those of you who go to like 4 shows or more (I saw two, that's enough for this summer) since they always play kinda the same show (though it's the greatest show on earth) and there's no chance of hearing any new songs.

I have listened to AFD, YUI1&2, Live Era, GH a thousand times.  They are always the same, every time I listen to them - they don't change one bit - but I love them.

I have seen the band 2 times this year 5/21 & 5/17 and I plan on seeing them as many times as I can this year.  If I get anything like I did in Hammerstien, then I will feel privledged(?) even if it's the smae exact show.  Just getting the oportunity to see this band live is special.

In other news. . .

I would like to thank everybody for the show updates - it's greatly appreciated .

Wake up. . . .time to die
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2006, 07:10:05 AM »

By the way, I met Tonya there ! She's really cool ! I guess she'll soon come to post her review of the show !

estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

thats stupid foot guiter!!! ?i want to let my foot meet that foot guiter! ill step on it and stomp it to the ground into many pieces! why did axl pay him to fix that fools guiter! it looks like its for a fool to play! not the guiter player for Guns n Roses! GnR always use the les paul. ?axl said he try to make him use the les paul but he keep using that god damn foot! a stupid stupid foot is as bad as a buckethead! ?
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2006, 07:31:55 AM »

Please, here we talk about Zurich show, nobody cares what you think of Bumblefoot's guitar. Thx.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2006, 08:12:30 AM »

thats stupid foot guiter!!! ?i want to let my foot meet that foot guiter! ill step on it and stomp it to the ground into many pieces! why did axl pay him to fix that fools guiter! it looks like its for a fool to play! not the guiter player for Guns n Roses! GnR always use the les paul. ?axl said he try to make him use the les paul but he keep using that god damn foot! a stupid stupid foot is as bad as a buckethead! ?

Stop being such an ass, this is the Zurich show thread.. I asked a question about the gig, nobody gives a fuck if you like Ron's guitar or not.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2006, 08:28:03 AM »

lol mandy! hihi ok

no reviews yet?? lol guys c?mon u have rested already now start writing! peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: