Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:47:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 2, 2006 Goffertpark, Netherlands GNR show
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 2, 2006 Goffertpark, Netherlands GNR show  (Read 23730 times)
SADIS
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2006, 05:59:51 AM »

?and before the solo from patience, axl yelled "you're a fucking idiot" to someone in the crowd. don't know why though.

There was a guy waving a Slash t-shirt throughout most of the concert. I saw the fuckhead when I arrived walking around in the Slash shirt. I mean; go home loser, he's out of the band for over 10 years.....get over it.

What did that shirt say?

It just had a big pic of Slash front and back same pic. Bit yellowish.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2006, 06:10:02 AM »

@padje: you are missing patience in the setlist.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2006, 06:15:54 AM »

here are some pics
http://www.netztuning.com/pics/gnr/index.html

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:21:23 AM by xBrownstonex » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2006, 06:32:18 AM »

What a night to remember! The first time I got to see Guns N' Roses and what a show it was! I couldn't believe what I got to see hear and feel! It was great! I could write a long review but who cares! They rocked fucking great! great great great. I'm really happy now,  I can die peacefully.  Cheesy

drool

Best day of my life!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:34:47 AM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2006, 06:43:46 AM »

Its there xBrownstonex...  And Strose, I'm not quite sure anymore when Izzy came up, you're probably right... Damn what a show.

By the way, I talked to the guy in the Slash shirt. I asked him why he woudl wear that, since Slash wasn't going to be around. He said it was just the way he felt about GN'R, he felt he had to wear the shirt. Sounds like bullshit to me, but if thats the way he feels, its his choice... He told me that security also asked him to wear his t-shirt inside out, so you couldn't see slash. He also said security was scanning for any slash-related banners... Could this be a restriction from GN'R management?
SADIS
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2006, 06:50:25 AM »

Its there xBrownstonex...? And Strose, I'm not quite sure anymore when Izzy came up, you're probably right... Damn what a show.

By the way, I talked to the guy in the Slash shirt. I asked him why he woudl wear that, since Slash wasn't going to be around. He said it was just the way he felt about GN'R, he felt he had to wear the shirt. Sounds like bullshit to me, but if thats the way he feels, its his choice... He told me that security also asked him to wear his t-shirt inside out, so you couldn't see slash. He also said security was scanning for any slash-related banners... Could this be a restriction from GN'R management?

Yeah, what a dick. I wanted to confront him too but lost sight of him after the show. It's great how you feel about things but keep them for yourself during a show of which you know it's a dead horse subject and only could fuck up the atmosphere.

We don't know jack shit of what went down between those two so we don't have the right to confront either one of them with the subject.
Shirell
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2006, 06:58:35 AM »

Sounds like an awesome show!  Good job on posting setlists and reviews.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »

great pics!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2006, 07:30:24 AM »

two pics my bro and me made:

Axl
http://rapidshare.de/files/24812523/Photo-0042.jpg.html

Robin Finck
http://rapidshare.de/files/24812555/Photo-0074.jpg.html

and a little film of live and let die made by my bro.? Grin

http://rapidshare.de/files/24812737/video-0015.3gp.html

cool with all those flames? Cheesy Don't pay attention to the sound (mobile phone ya know)? Grin

we stood on the right front at the fence! Had an awesome time!? Cheesy

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2006, 07:39:32 AM »

Axl sounded like a mad banshee (which is a good thing) and all three players were in the zone. The short rants have been adequately covered by others in this thread. It seemed like Axl was really having a good time, joking and really feeding of the positive vibes the crowd gave him (especially during the surprisingly rocky-version of KOHD). Can't believe Izzy was there, this totally made up for the relative short setlist.

I was pleasantly surprised how Finck, unlike the 02-shows, now didn?t seem to strive for frequencies during his solos only dogs can hear. The guy clearly improved quite a bit. His solo spots however really never arise to more then some pointless meandering noodling. I looked around during one of his ?soulful? solo spots and most people basically looked like this:? Huh

Richard was his usual energetic self, nailing each solo he came out for. The clean solid playing accompanied by the Pete Townshend action always leaves me satisfied. Ron was the highlight of the show for me, he really gave the band the flavor Buckethead gave it in ?02. His solos where the pinnacle of competence. He played the second nightrain solo fretless (surprised to see how nobody else seemed to have noticed, it was up on the screen), but some how the fretless was so low in the mix you could barely hear it, which was a little bit disappointing.

To sum it up: It was a great show!

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:53:12 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2006, 07:48:34 AM »

yes richard was awsome. i love it how he's rockin' out all the time!

Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2006, 07:50:29 AM »

Can't believe Izzy was there, this totally made up for the relative short setlist.

It was a good 2 hours. I think a normal set this tour.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2006, 07:52:31 AM »

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2144/img2821akopie3hl.th.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1122/img2983akopie3gi.th.jpg

Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2006, 07:54:42 AM »

Can't believe Izzy was there, this totally made up for the relative short setlist.

It was a good 2 hours. I think a normal set this tour.

True, but nonetheless a few songs were not played.... (I edited the encore part, that was just bullshit, I'm not awake for that long)

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:57:28 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

comaboy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2006, 08:00:44 AM »

during the surprisingly rocky-version of KOHD

Rocky version
how ?
like UYI Tour or what

"they put a price on my head
they all want me dead
they all want me dead
i said just go ahead"

THE CITY, "Nobody" 2008
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2006, 08:03:41 AM »

Nope, compared to the 02-version. It just had a little more bite and room for the crowd to interact (initiated by Axl). In 02 I always feel asleep during KOHD. You never saw me compare it to the UYI version.

-PEACE-

Apple7
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2006, 09:05:14 AM »

thanks by the photos!!!!
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2006, 10:16:38 AM »

Thanks by the photo's??
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »

What an amazing show. We arrived to the grounds early, sitting only 5 meters from the front enterance, in the very hot sun. It struck me, there where very few people there. Maybe only 200 sitting in front of the gate and some 500 more on the rest of the field. Doors opened at 16.00 sharp, and people rushed in to get the good spots. I was hoping they would give out wristbands to be able to move in and out of the mosh pit, but unfortunately, they didn't. Then the long wait began...[snipped to save space]...All in all, a great concert. No fuck up's, anyway not to my knowledge. Frank is an A-class replacement for Brain, trust me. The band was having a good time. Sadly no other encore then PC, but it was ok. In case someone's still doubting... Their Back!

Thanks for the review, padje, I could almost feel the heat and excitement of the crowd just by reading it. ?You're absolutely right, after seeing half a dozen shows myself, I can definintely agree that they're back on top form.? ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2006, 10:26:48 AM »

LOL at Axl in this picture.  He looks like he's trying to catch the confetti with his arms and hands like that hihi

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: