Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:40:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 2, 2006 Goffertpark, Netherlands GNR show
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 2, 2006 Goffertpark, Netherlands GNR show  (Read 23720 times)
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2006, 08:55:07 PM »

Overall it was a very good concert. Axl was in a very good mood, saying that people bitch about him not bitching anymore. hihi He said in response that "he's just happy now"  peace

aww! love

that's so good to know he's happy now! If not ranting means he's happy, then I hope he never has to rant about anything again! peace

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »

^I agree love

I wonder if this means that Izzy will join for even more shows..

shit happens when you party naked
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2006, 09:30:30 PM »

sounds like a killer show!!! good stuff

fish
Christian
VIP

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2006, 09:39:50 PM »

And at the end of the show Axl said: "Hope to see you again" I think that's a good sign! Maybe a tour with the new album?!

He said see you next summer, at Rio 3, 2001 and at MSG, 2002
I'm waiting for this summer in Brazil until now...

hahahah

But don't worry, you went to a great show! that's amazing =)
Apple7
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2006, 09:46:46 PM »

01 . Welcome To The Jungle
02 . It's So Easy
03 . Mr Brownstone
04 . Live And Let Die
05 . Better
06 . Robin Finck Solo
07 . Sweet Child O' Mine
08 . Knockin' On Heaven's Door
09 . Dizzy Reed Solo
10 . The Blues
11 . You Could Be Mine
12 . Robin Finck & Fortus Solo / Beautiful
13 . Out Ta Get Me
14 . Band Jam / Axl Piano Solo
15 . November Rain
16 . Ron Thal Solo / Don't Cry
Encore;

17 . My Michelle
18 . Patience *
19 . Think About You *
20 . Nightrain *
21 . Robin Finck Solo
22 . Paradise City

(*) with Izzy Fuckin Stradlin

Apple7
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2006, 10:06:25 PM »

at least izzy was there again. same old songs same order of songs. but at least izzy was there.
ROSE22
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2006, 10:14:44 PM »

wow. no chinese democracy or irs............or madagascar ?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 10:17:51 PM by ROSE22 » Logged
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2006, 11:13:13 PM »

I think Izzy must have realized the band was arriving in Amsterdam with 3 days off. That sounds like a damn good place to meet up with them!

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2006, 11:20:53 PM »

wow. no chinese democracy or irs............or madagascar ?

Tongue
I really, REALLY wants to see GNR here in brazil just AFTER the release of the album... I want new songs!!

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2006, 12:02:53 AM »

I think Izzy must have realized the band was arriving in Amsterdam with 3 days off. That sounds like a damn good place to meet up with them!
good point... i sure as hell wish i was gonna be there! 
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2006, 03:19:17 AM »

good point... i sure as hell wish i was gonna be there! 

hahahaha i bet they are gonna snort all the splenda\'s and all the marijana and  heroin in the city!!! guns n roses are in town!
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2006, 04:06:34 AM »

Seems strange that Izzy has played this many shows with the band. I have a strong feeling that Izzy will write some songs again with Axl in the coming years.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2006, 04:35:51 AM »

Seems strange that Izzy has played this many shows with the band. I have a strong feeling that Izzy will write some songs again with Axl in the coming years.

May God hear that ok It would be awsome peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2006, 04:38:10 AM »

i think so too! i think izzy will do more than just play the old songs in europe. i think hes gonna be back in a behind the sense roll. he will write songs and jam and hang out help them out. i think he wants axl to have a good success again.  izzy is soo cool and a good friend for axl to have
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2006, 04:41:27 AM »

1.Welcome To The Jungle
2.It's So Easy
3.Mr.Brownstone
4.Live And Let Die
5.Better
6.Robin Finck Guitar Solo
7.Sweet Child O' Mine
8.Knockin On Heavens Door
9.Dizzy Piano Solo
10.The Blues
11.You Could Be Mine
12.Richard & Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful)
13.Out Ta Get Me
14.JAM
15.November Rain
16.Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry)
17.My Michelle (with Izzy)
18.Patience (with Izzy)
19.Think about you (with Izzy)
20.Nightrain (with Izzy)
21.Robin solo #2
22.Paradise City (with Izzy)

I?m pretty sure thats it, and I think that's the order too... Although The Blues and YCBM could be mixed up, not sure anymore.

What an amazing show. We arrived to the grounds early, sitting only 5 meters from the front enterance, in the very hot sun. It struck me, there where very few people there. Maybe only 200 sitting in front of the gate and some 500 more on the rest of the field. Doors opened at 16.00 sharp, and people rushed in to get the good spots. I was hoping they would give out wristbands to be able to move in and out of the mosh pit, but unfortunately, they didn't. Then the long wait began.

Bloodsimple simply isn't my thing, although the guys tried. They where fuckin loud! Stone Sour is a bit more melodic, however they couldn't get me excited. Alice In Chains experienced some serious technical difficulties, which was sad. They boys make some fine music. After a lot of switching microphones and cords, they got it right and played a decent set.

It was extremely warm up front, especially cuz the wind was blocked by the stage. Security informed us GN'R where scheduled to go on at 21.00, ofcourse, that didn't happen ?hihi

The show started close to 21.45. It looked as if they where waiting for the sun to set, prior to starting the show. It took some time, but eventually the damn thing went under and the intro started playing.

WTTJ shook the place up. The crowd went apeshit. Sadly due to the heat, the field was totally dried out, and dust was starting to rise up from the mosh pit. Not too nice for your eyes and nose... I'm still sneezing some black shit ?confused Its So Easy, Mr. Bownstone and LALD are just great songs. The new band perform's them with great perfection. The pyro during LALD was amazing. I havn't seen flames that big on the two outer sides of the stage 'till last night. The heat was incinerating! Axl didn't talk much during the first few songs, but looked like he was having a good time. During Better he commented on us being able to sing along due to all the downloading by us 'motherfuckers'. Finck's solo was short. I was getting ready to settle down a little bit, when SCOM got us all jumping again. At the beginning of KOHD the crowd looked a little worn out. Probably because of the heat. But as the song went on, people started singing along reall loud. Axl sad something like 'I was in a hotel, down the street, and I could hear you sing motherfuckers!'. In the end of KOHD people went apeshit, screaming from the top of their lungs. Dizzy's solo souned like a pure piano version of KOHD, anyone noticed this? It was nice, and the crowd cheered for him at the end.

The Blues keeps amazing me, its such a nice song. The guys where on top of it, not messing it up once! YCBM triggered a great response from the crowd, people started jumping and singing along again. Richards solo was nice, he was smiling a lot at the public and the version of you're beautifull didn't really bored me. It was ok. I think a saw Dell James sitting on stage during YCBM, he was staring at the public and smiling at Axl.

Out Ta Get Me, got Axl talking about the Swedish police again. At the end of the song he violently screamed 'SO YOU CAN BITE ME' which was funny. The band jam was cool, Axl seemed to be on stage more then I remember him doing during Rock Am Ring, he was serious and playing the piano, unaware of Bumblefoot staning behind him, waving madly with a dutch flag. November Rain got people misty eyed, although that could also be the result of all the dust rising up from the ground.

The crowd was pretty responsive during Ron's Don't Cry solo, he thanked the crowd for singing along. Prior to My Michelle, Axl said 'We'd like to introduce an old friend tonight'. Me and my friends where going 'What the fuck?'. All of a sudden Izzy walked on stage and triggered a massive roar from the crowd. My Michelle, Patience and Think About You where cool. Nightrain was fuckin awesome! The band surely loves to play that one! It was really kick ass.

Finally Robin's Solo resulted in Paradise City, Izzy was standing next to Axl a lot, especailly at the end of the song. Two old friends playing their asses of. You got to love it!

All in all, a great concert. No fuck up's, anyway not to my knowledge. Frank is an A-class replacement for Brain, trust me. The band was having a good time. Sadly no other encore then PC, but it was ok. In case someone's still doubting... Their Back!

SADIS
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2006, 05:15:29 AM »

?and before the solo from patience, axl yelled "you're a fucking idiot" to someone in the crowd. don't know why though.

There was a guy waving a Slash t-shirt throughout most of the concert. I saw the fuckhead when I arrived walking around in the Slash shirt. I mean; go home loser, he's out of the band for over 10 years.....get over it.
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2006, 05:27:45 AM »

?and before the solo from patience, axl yelled "you're a fucking idiot" to someone in the crowd. don't know why though.

There was a guy waving a Slash t-shirt throughout most of the concert. I saw the fuckhead when I arrived walking around in the Slash shirt. I mean; go home loser, he's out of the band for over 10 years.....get over it.

What did that shirt say?
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2006, 05:38:27 AM »

great great show! better than graspop last week. my highlights:
- my michelle:they played it really loud and fast!
- november rain pt.2: goosebumbs
- bringing out izzy on stage
- nightrain: it rocked!
- paradise city: band firing on all cilinders
- 'beautiful' guitar solo: don't look at the artist, look at the song
noGnoG
Headliner

All we need is just a little patience

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2006, 05:40:39 AM »

^^ Good review, Padje ?ok. Only two small things (I was there too and enjoyed it as much as you did, I think). I think Izzy came on stage after My Michelle, then they started TAY, then Patience, Nightrain and PC. I will remember the picture of Axl and Izyy standing back to back. ?yes Classic, and good to see they that get along so well. Second thing is that the Piano solo of Dizzy was again David Bowie, the same he did earlier on the tour.

I loved the show. It was my third, way better then Belgium. The first show for me was Dublin, yesterday was I think musicwise the best. The solo's were a bit shorter and the show was in general running very smoothly, the band (and especially Axl) was in perfect shape!

June 09 '06 - Dublin, Ireland
June 24 '06 - Dessel, Belgium
July 02 '06 - Nijmegen, Holland
October 03 '10 - Arnhem, Holland
June 08 '12 - M?nchengladbach, Germany
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2006, 05:42:31 AM »

soundS like another great gig - love the "you can bite me" OTGM lyric!!!  go axl! 
cheers for the reviews guys!   ok
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: