Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your opinion...release CD with BH or have BF on the album?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your opinion...release CD with BH or have BF on the album?  (Read 10789 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2006, 04:59:20 PM »

With Bucket. ok

@ Aquila welcome to the board. good shout.  ok
Aye  those demos prove that they made a great and rare musical combination.
and to change the works for worse, it's such a crime you no it's true!

IRS kicks your moms balls in. The song is masterpiece theater. Can't get enough of it.

how can you call a song with such repetive lyrics & that sounds like shit live a masterpiece!?  you obviously dont have very good taste in music

I don't think the lyrics repetive, whatever 'repetive' means.
What song do you consider a masterpiece then? rofl
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 05:46:08 PM »

^Like Gilby was insulted? A touring member is just that. He knew what he signed on for.

Yeah but gilby played on TSI

Yes AFTER he had toured for nearly 2 years with the band with albums (uyi's) he had nothink to do with.

TSI has nothink to do with the point he was making. The point he was making is they probably could of delayed the release of the USI albums but they didn't because it would of been daft, they simply let Gilby take over Izzys parts live and left Izzys parts on the albums.

The same thing should happen with Bucket head and Bumblefoot, BH has recorded the parts but now he's gone, there is no point to re-record them, just let Bumblefoot play them live.

Yeah, Origen nailed it there.

On Bucket/Izzy leaving: Axl, Slash and likely Duff as well were all hurt by Izzys departure. Compared to that, Bucket was an easy go. People talk about Axl re-recording Buckets parts for spite, yet Izzys parts - if any - would've been the ones replaced for that reason, simply because of the emotional bond they had for him. But you don't scrap that amount of guitar parts from a near-finished album, it's insane. Hire someone else for touring, cut your losses and move on with some class.

For argument's sake, let's say the album comes around September/October. I think there's always the slight chance that after the European tour Axl will ask Bumblefoot for a solo or something (as Brian May re-recorded a tad of Robin for CITR), but nothing major. To me, BBF's involvement at this hour only proves two things; Bucket's parts stay, and they needed someone to do them live.

I wholeheartedly approve and support both points and hope they'll turn out to be the truth.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 05:48:15 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2006, 06:20:35 PM »

Remember there were multiple versions of many of these songs. If Bucket leaves, it is conceivable that previous versions of some Bucket parts will be stripped out and replaced. I really think we won't hear Bucket material that he didn't exclusively have a hand in creating.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2006, 06:23:59 PM »

definatly with bucket, axl didnt seem pissed off at him in the eddie trunk interview so i think he will leave the songs alone.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2006, 06:26:47 PM »

definatly with bucket, axl didnt seem pissed off at him in the eddie trunk interview so i think he will leave the songs alone.

If he really wants to release it this year, he has no choice... He'll have to leave the songs like that.
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2006, 06:39:55 PM »

If he really wants to release it this year, he has no choice... He'll have to leave the songs like that.

that is true. if he is ready to release and it gets delayed even longer because wanted to take bucket out, that would be pretty shitty.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2006, 08:29:33 PM »

Leave BHs parts on there - please

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2006, 10:47:05 PM »

I have to believe that AXL is keeping Bucket's parts and that CD is done, before kicking off the tour this time around.

This also seems consistent with Ron saying he is not recording for CD, at least from what he has been told thus far
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2006, 01:05:16 AM »

Quote from: zakas80 on Yesterday at 02:13:33 PM
Quote from: Buddha_Master on Yesterday at 01:26:21 PM
IRS kicks your moms balls in. The song is masterpiece theater. Can't get enough of it.

how can you call a song with such repetive lyrics & that sounds like shit live a masterpiece!?  you obviously dont have very good taste in music

Because it sounds badass. If that shit doesn't move you then you had your shit shoved in one too many times.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2006, 02:05:25 AM »

Ok Buddha Mast, the point that I was trying to make is that IRS is just the weakest of the demos that we've heard, maybe on the album it will sound different, who knows?  But to call it a masterpiece is a bit far fetched I
believe.  If you woulda said TWAT or Catcher or even posssibly Better then ok, but IRS is not even being close to top notch GNR material of current times.  I feel this way also because I went to 2 of the Hammerstein shows (12th, 17th) and twice the song was probably the worst performance by Guns of the night! ( And both shows I thought as a whole were amazing)

Then again I don't know why I feel the need th explain myself to a lil fuckin kid who trys to get his point across with "gay" & "your momma" type jokes & , trying to be a tough guy on a msg board! So I hope one day when you reach puberty you will learn how to carry a decent coversation for your own benefit

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2006, 04:09:41 AM »

Ok Buddha Mast, the point that I was trying to make is that IRS is just the weakest of the demos that we've heard, maybe on the album it will sound different, who knows?? But to call it a masterpiece is a bit far fetched I
believe.? If you woulda said TWAT or Catcher or even posssibly Better then ok, but IRS is not even being close to top notch GNR material of current times.? I feel this way also because I went to 2 of the Hammerstein shows (12th, 17th) and twice the song was probably the worst performance by Guns of the night! ( And both shows I thought as a whole were amazing)

Then again I don't know why I feel the need th explain myself to a lil fuckin kid who trys to get his point across with "gay" & "your momma" type jokes & , trying to be a tough guy on a msg board! So I hope one day when you reach puberty you will learn how to carry a decent coversation for your own benefit

Yawn ok buddy. Fantasy can be fun. I remember being at one GNR show specifically where WTTJ was the weakest performed song. That song must suck by your logic. Shit dude, look know further then the Tokyo DVDs. Estranged is a pretty bad performance. You think that makes Estranged the weakest song on Illusion 2? Saying that because a track was performed weak at a live show means the song itself is weaker track is fucking lame.

And dude, check that little elitist attitude of yours. And yea, this is a message board. Its sole purpose is to waste time. Wasting time can be enjoyable, but its still just something to do when you have time to waste. This is also a GNR board, where being a sensitive chick and a GNR fan is a contradiction. Where do you think you are dude? So I said something about IRS kicking someone's Moms balls or saying shit shoved in. Boo hoo. Be a fucking Man. Don't let society condition and pussify you. We are GNR fans. We don't have to be professional.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2006, 01:40:58 PM »

Leave Buckethead's parts, Buckethead is an ?absolute genius and a madman on the guitar. Buckethead in my opinion is the best thing that ever happened to Axl after Slash left, and Bucket is my favorite guitarist.

In no way am i dissing Thal, hes great and he's a much cooler guy then bucket, but just judging from the demos, and comparing them to the live shows, Buckethead is a better guitar player.

I really can't wait to hear Bucket ripping on CD.

I dont think Buckerthead will have much contribution to CD. Maybe two or three tracks at most. Just look at the leaks, the only one that he was on was IRS, which in my opinion is the weakest of the four. As far as Bumble goes I think he will be maybe on the one newer track that they were supposedly working on around the time of the eddie trunk interview/hammerstein shows.

Are you joking? Buckethead is most definately on Better, he makes the song! and im guessing Hes on twat too, since he was in the band then .

No its just Robin & Richard on Better actually & TWAT is Robin & Huge.? Axl recently even commented at one of the shows that Better is Robins song! So dont make it like you know what you're talking about because you don't!

Woah, sorry dude, I must have missed this. Im not even being an asshole, can you tell me how you know which guitar players are on each song. Do you have a credible source or are you just making that up. And i dont think i know everything by the way General.

I know I've read posts that say that Bucket is at least on Twat, and who does the ripping part in better? Who confirmed the guitarists? I realy mustve missed this.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2006, 02:18:47 PM »

No its just Robin & Richard on Better actually & TWAT is Robin & Huge.? Axl recently even commented at one of the shows that Better is Robins song! So dont make it like you know what you're talking about because you don't!

Dude dont make it like you know what you're talking about because you don't!

You look like such an asshole now, maybe someone with 80 more posts then you and the ability to hear is right and you're a dumb shit. either way pwned Buckethead rules.?

Zakas80 you are the first board member I actually dont like you're an arrogant prick thats full of hot air, youwere proved wrong in this thread and now youre being an ass to my man Buddha master, If you dont like IRS whatever. But dont shit on the opinion of a fellow board member.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:21:57 PM by chinesedemocracy05 » Logged

They just thought Id know better. Better.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2006, 05:00:58 PM »

As much as I like Ron's playing, I just want the album in my hands. I think just release it with Bucket's parts. Then they can go back to the studio and have Ron re-record all of Bucket's parts for the second album. Unless they write more material.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: