Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Reason Why the Roskilde Show was Delayed
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Reason Why the Roskilde Show was Delayed  (Read 4861 times)
thuna
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 03, 2006, 10:31:35 AM »

Hi guys.

My first post here

I was at the Roskilde show, up front on the right side fence next to the pit. I had a good view and was next to the fence so I could see the staff giving out water etc.
 Right behind me was 3 photographers. One left but the 2 other stayed taking pictures of the stage. Quite annoying with a lens right next to your head. At one time my girlfriend pointed at some security staff, and asked if they were Gnr?s Security. I didnt think so and said no. I could not see a point in why they should have theit attention so much at the crowd.
 Soon after, the festival security contacted the photographers and asked them not to take pictures. They became mad and asked for expolanations and said they had every right to take pictures because all of the audience had camaras of their own, not to mntion cell phones. The security staff informed them that this was special orders from Guns N Roses, and he had no power to overrule that, and it was professional equipment that not was allowed. They continued to argue. But it seemed they got the message. This was about 30 mins late.
 About 10 mins later a security manager came down and told them that they should lower their cameras, and if they put them up one more time, they were outta here. Now they started arguing again about it. He was told (the one of them who were arguing) that they were delaying the show even more and that they were not the only ones they were dealing with. He was also told that if the band saw the camaras from the stage they would leave. It was orders from the band.
 At this point i was fed up with anger on this fuckhead who wouldnt shut up, so I yelled at him "Dont u Fucking get it, god damn" the security guy lay his hand on my shoulder and told me to relax while he was smiling to me hehe. The photagrapher left 30 seconds after, and I could see the best fucking concert of my life.

Cya guys

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »

Well Axl never liked cameras so it makes sense to me ok

Since security was cool, you should have spun the situtation by saying to the photographers, "I'll bite you if you don't fucking leave" rofl
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 10:35:11 AM by dolphin » Logged
thuna
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 10:39:37 AM »

Hehe Im usually a very quiert person. Im a passifist, but it really pissed me off. Last time I saw them was in 93, so I had been looking forward to this for a long long time :-)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 10:52:46 AM »

He was also told that if the band saw the camaras from the stage they would leave. It was orders from the band.

Huh

Why would they leave because of the cameras?
People have been taking cameras to the shows, even though they are not allowed. And I'm sure the band sees hundreds of them every show, yet Axl hasn't said anything onstage (not that I know of)... Why would it be different at the Roskilde gig?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 11:09:11 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »

it is weird - I mean at Hammersmith, I was down the front right hand side of the stage and whenever axl came over that side (which was a lot) there were cameras and phones right in his face and he didnt blink. Not the merest indication of any annoyance or unhappiness at all.  and as they are playing some festivals, there are all sorts of camera/video equipment which can and will be used in the audience.

I dont know - i dont have a problem with them being tight about it - but if that delayed the show, why arent they more vocal about it to the fans?

regardless of the disclaimer flyer we got at Hammersmith (did these get given out at Hammerstein also?) - if the band plus management are aware of boards such as these, they will know that the use of cameras has been happening regularly on this tour.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »

The original post stated that GNR didn't want any PROFESSIONAL equipment.  Granted lots of pics have been taken with camera phones, etc.  But the quality of those is severely lacking when compared to REAL epuipment.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 11:08:54 AM »

at rock am ring there were lots of professional photographers at the beginning of the show. mostly from music magazines.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:20:02 AM »

Usually, professional photographers (or people with press passes) are allowed to take pictures during the first 3 songs of any concert (besides the band's own photographer of course who can take pics whenever he wants).

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:23:51 AM »

After Axl getting arrested and staying on his private jet after he got released because I heard there was an abundance of press, I can see why GNR management would react this way now.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 11:37:34 AM »

GN'R may have its own photographer(s) and they probably give them exclusive rights to shoot a show, and allow the band to have control over what pictures go out to the press, and maybe also part of the money.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 12:44:03 PM »

Usually, professional photographers (or people with press passes) are allowed to take pictures during the first 3 songs of any concert (besides the band's own photographer of course who can take pics whenever he wants).

A friend of mine was taking professional pics (not of GnR) at donington and heard that although 3 songs are allowed, what GnR also did was get names of all photographers who wanted to take pics of Gnr into a hat, and pull out 3 names and only those 3 got to do the 3 songs.

With regards to professional equipment - some of the digital camera pics I've seen of and since the NYC gigs have been exceptionally good quality.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »

i dont get that.
why 3 songs ? it's not like the band changes into something else after Mr.brownstone ...

maybe they don't want to be sweaty on film Smiley

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 12:55:58 PM »

i dont get that.
why 3 songs ? it's not like the band changes into something else after Mr.brownstone ...

Maybe you don't want lots of photographers in the area where security is supposed to be working.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 02:00:52 PM »

Maybe thats why they got so bad reviews by the danish press?? Undecided
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 01:29:02 AM »

i dont get that.

Well, that's how it happens.

The only concert I was allowed to take photographs until the 4rth song was Iron Maiden last year in Greece, where the security forgot to tell us to leave.

The promoter was so pissed off that she asked us to leave our cameras there. I took my memory card and left the camera... Grin

estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 08:18:48 AM »

i thought it was coz his air mask didnt work?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 08:40:46 AM »

Thats fucking annoying that they were arguing like that. Sure, its an unusual rule and it sucks you cant get your snaps but is it THAT big a deal? Considering some people's luck those punks are lucky they didnt get their shit confiscated at entry.

As for that being the delay, my two cents are that I doubt that would delay any normal concert ... but rumour has it that Axl views CCTV footage of the crowd in his dressing room  Undecided
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »

Almost every band has the 3 song rule, The reason being is the safety of the photographers and security from crowd surfers. Security will step back and make sure no photographer gets nailed with a boot to the back of the head. making it unsafe in the front since they are watching out for the photographers that's why they only want the first 3 songs.

Now as for gnr and their you can only use one picture contract, that I cant explain but that explains all the crabby press over sea's they are just pissed they only can use one picture.
Ana Vader
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 05:44:05 AM »

Axl never liked cameras, and I think he has the rights of the pictures. 
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 05:55:52 AM »

so I yelled at him "Dont u Fucking get it, god damn"

GNR's security team might offer you a job after that  Grin

Be Aware of Legacy
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 06:17:52 AM »

Almost every band has the 3 song rule, The reason being is the safety of the photographers and security from crowd surfers. Security will step back and make sure no photographer gets nailed with a boot to the back of the head. making it unsafe in the front since they are watching out for the photographers that's why they only want the first 3 songs.

what if the first 3 songs are the heaviest one and people are usually exited then ?
i think it'd be safier for a guy to take pictures during november rain than when the corwd goes nuts in wttj ... Smiley

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 06:53:21 AM »

Thats fucking annoying that they were arguing like that. Sure, its an unusual rule and it sucks you cant get your snaps but is it THAT big a deal? Considering some people's luck those punks are lucky they didnt get their shit confiscated at entry.

As for that being the delay, my two cents are that I doubt that would delay any normal concert ... but rumour has it that Axl views CCTV footage of the crowd in his dressing room  Undecided

there were mics in front of the crowd...... maybe that adds to those rumours....

Now as for gnr and their you can only use one picture contract, that I cant explain but that explains all the crabby press over sea's they are just pissed they only can use one picture.

i bought the german magazine mettal hammer yesterday with axl on the cover and there were aroun 4-6 concert pics of the band ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: