Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica offer download of european tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica offer download of european tour  (Read 16991 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 08:16:12 AM »

god I would love it... It?s so sad we gotta find by our own the bootlegs of the shows... but don?t think it?ll ever happen.... What will happen for sure is the dvd with the shows they are filming getting sold, so we can buy and they can make more money. Lol sometimes I think that?s all they care about: our money. Lips Sealed

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 09:04:48 AM »

they play the same show everynite.

Download Metallicas shows, and you will see that they do the same thing. AMAZING, isn't it?

Restraint is for suckers.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

why aren't they doing this ,when does "gnr" ever offer the fans things hihi

Oh they only made sure the hardcore fans on the forums got tickets to the Hammerstein and Hammersmith shows first. But oh yeah they never do anything for the fans right?  Roll Eyes
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 10:30:34 AM »

Download Metallicas shows, and you will see that they do the same thing. AMAZING, isn't it?

no they dont. i know metallica.  they even might show a new song and you wouldnt know! or play songs that havent been played for years or if ever live  like orion. dont try to compare them you dick. metallca shows are way different than a cover band playing AFD. axl is great this tour but the song selections sucks
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 10:44:52 AM »

well... Im told that they ARE looking into releasing a version of the UYI dvd's WITH surround sound...
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »

1. You can't compare multiple Metallica-Tours and one GNR-Tour. You have to compare one and one, if you wanna be fair.

2. This said: I saw Metallica at Novarock and at Rock am Ring, and it were as much the same shows as GNR puts on same shows - one core (MoP, AFD), plus songs from various albums (where Metallica indeed has more to choose from) - slight difference, but mainly the same. (Great shows by Metallica, both, btw).

3. "The new song" was played at the Waldb?hne once, "TWAT" was played at Hammerstein once.

4. The "you dick"-part was very intelligent.

estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 11:01:44 AM »

1. You can't compare multiple Metallica-Tours and one GNR-Tour. You have to compare one and one, if you wanna be fair.
well since GnR have so many tours to compare too.. lol.. u were the one that first tried to compare the bands.

2. This said: I saw Metallica at Novarock and at Rock am Ring, and it were as much the same shows as GNR puts on same shows - one core (MoP, AFD), plus songs from various albums (where Metallica indeed has more to choose from) - slight difference, but mainly the same. (Great shows by Metallica, both, btw).
yes this time is different for tallica coz they want to play one album in its complete! MoP! thats why its special. coz they dont do that very often. and the songs on that album are not played alot before this tour! axl has been playing and living off of 12 songs from 1988 for his life. he cant play another or a song like estranged anymore!

3. "The new song" was played at the Waldb?hne once, "TWAT" was played at Hammerstein once.
new song was new! TWAT was downloaded and months before. its differnt. its more random and new and frest what they did.

oh well u will belive that playing AFD is soo great to hear for years and years. ok! good!
Evolution
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 11:13:01 AM »

why would u want to download the same songs? all the songs are the same at every of the concerts. same shows same downloads. and anyone who owns a copy of AFD has the show already. the reason they dont do this is coz they know that nobody wants this. its a wasste of money and time to offer the same thing.

The people attending the concert would want a copy I'm sure, meaning a few thousand downloads of each show at least.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 11:14:18 AM »

No, I do not. There is nothing that I wish more than finally gettin my hands on ChinDem and watch a live show, which consists MAINLY of new material.

Only point I try to make here is that it's not THAT unusual for a ?band to rely on a) older material as a fundament and b) not to change that material to much on ONE tour.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 11:27:12 AM »

GN'R is not alone. Many bands don't offer download of their tour.

Like cb said, those presales were real treats for the fans. Also in most cases they are not strict with the audience taking pics and recording the shows on this tour. They care in different ways.

metallca shows are way different than a cover band playing AFD. axl is great this tour but the song selections sucks

why would any band like to give away their recordings of their shows to a person who calls them a cover band and think their set sucks?  Roll Eyes
As for your name calling, read the board rules.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 11:32:29 AM »

you gotta buy the shows and it's all the shows not just Download...metallica has been trying to make as much $$$ as possible from everything they do for a while...hence the napster suit.

remember Lars words..."Metallica's not about the fans...we've never been about the fans...it's about us" or something close to that

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2006, 11:39:27 AM »

you gotta buy the shows and it's all the shows not just Download...metallica has been trying to make as much $$$ as possible from everything they do for a while...hence the napster suit.

remember Lars words..."Metallica's not about the fans...we've never been about the fans...it's about us" or something close to that

How, exactly, is the primary goal of Metallica offering their fans live shows making as much money as possible?...Of course there's commerce involved, it's a business, but damn, at least the fans get a token or momento of their experience.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »

How, exactly, is the primary goal of Metallica offering their fans live shows making as much money as possible?...Of course there's commerce involved, it's a business, but damn, at least the fans get a token or momento of their experience.

say they play 40 shows...and 10000 fans buy each show for $10 a pop...then they also pay $50 or $100 (or whatever) to go to the show...fuck man if you're gonna do that kinda shit then lower the price of admission or something...if this ain't a cash grab i dunno what is...come'on then there is the diehard collectors who want to get everything..what? now bands have to bootleg thier own shows? gimme a friggin' break Roll Eyes

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2006, 12:03:56 PM »

oh yeah to answer In A Coma's question

On there website you can get all 9 europe shows. Why are GNR not doing this?Huh?

cuz they don't have a website Tongue ever since st anger was released metallica has made a bunch of live material available to Purcahse from their site...to generate more $$$ and so that greedy little sites like napster don't get their grubby hands on metallica's precious material...the more they put out the more that is "official"

so if gnr did this you can kiss the bootleg sections goodbye on sites such as these cuz EVERYTHING will become official material
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:06:33 PM by Neemo » Logged

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2006, 06:08:45 PM »

say they play 40 shows...and 10000 fans buy each show for $10 a pop...then they also pay $50 or $100 (or whatever) to go to the show...fuck man if you're gonna do that kinda shit then lower the price of admission or something...if this ain't a cash grab i dunno what is...come'on then there is the diehard collectors who want to get everything..what? now bands have to bootleg thier own shows? gimme a friggin' break Roll Eyes

You also can download some of these shows for free on several fan forums. It's very simple. A forum member bought some livemetallica shows and putted them on the forums as soon he gets them. That's how i got my 2006 Metallica shows. You can't get better quality. They are all soundboard.

Where's Axl?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2006, 06:48:51 PM »

You also can download some of these shows for free on several fan forums. It's very simple. A forum member bought some livemetallica shows and putted them on the forums as soon he gets them. That's how i got my 2006 Metallica shows. You can't get better quality. They are all soundboard.

but it's an illegal download...if gnr did that there would be no DL'ing from any gnr sites.

I understand soundboard quality and thats awesome...but I just think that it's another cashgrab by metallica Wink

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 01:02:03 AM »

but it's an illegal download...if gnr did that there would be no DL'ing from any gnr sites.

I understand soundboard quality and thats awesome...but I just think that it's another cashgrab by metallica Wink

And what about G N' R these day's? They are gonna release an album in the fall (if it's true) but where are the new songs in the shows? I'm not meanting I.R.S. and stuff but real new songs that no one has heard before. No,they prefer to play a Appetite overdose instead of promoting the new album. Isn't that a cashgrab?

Where's Axl?
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 01:29:37 AM »

why would u want to download the same songs? all the songs are the same at every of the concerts. same shows same downloads. and anyone who owns a copy of AFD has the show already. the reason they dont do this is coz they know that nobody wants this. its a wasste of money and time to offer the same thing.

I disagree most people on this site are pretty hardcore fans. Now as much as I would have liked to have gone to every european show money and time dictate otherwise. If I was in GNR (Which in my mind I am) I would have sold a european tour pass!! Each gig live on the web, mp3 available, backstage access, interviews with axl and the band. And as a hardcore fan I would have bought this!!!! Maybee its just me but I think this would be a great idea. Even if you just look at this from a monetary point of view, there are only so many seats in a stadium! Why not sell the gig to the fans who can't make it? I am a genius and I am now off to work in Marketing!!!! 

The people attending the concert would want a copy I'm sure, meaning a few thousand downloads of each show at least.

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2006, 02:05:49 AM »

Be sure to tell Metallica this on their forum. I bet they would love it. I am sure they would respond faster than you could say Napster.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2006, 02:38:38 AM »

I'd love it if GNR did something like this someday? Cool

Yea man after the album is released. That way he isn't giving away live versions of these new songs.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: