Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica offer download of european tour
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica offer download of european tour  (Read 16993 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 02:17:51 AM »

you gotta buy the shows and it's all the shows not just Download...metallica has been trying to make as much $$$ as possible from everything they do for a while...hence the napster suit.

remember Lars words..."Metallica's not about the fans...we've never been about the fans...it's about us" or something close to that

How, exactly, is the primary goal of Metallica offering their fans live shows making as much money as possible?...Of course there's commerce involved, it's a business, but damn, at least the fans get a token or momento of their experience.

say they play 40 shows...and 10000 fans buy each show for $10 a pop...then they also pay $50 or $100 (or whatever) to go to the show...fuck man if you're gonna do that kinda shit then lower the price of admission or something...if this ain't a cash grab i dunno what is...come'on then there is the diehard collectors who want to get everything..what? now bands have to bootleg thier own shows? gimme a friggin' break Roll Eyes

If they are going to do what shit?  Is Metallica forcing the fans to buy the disc?  What do soundboard quality bootlegs have to do with lowering ticket prices...And no, collectors don't "have" to have them all...Buy the show you went to for $10 bucks and stop whining that Metallica strong-armed you into buying 40 live CD's, well, because you're a "collector." 
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 03:40:02 AM »

you gotta buy the shows and it's all the shows not just Download...metallica has been trying to make as much $$$ as possible from everything they do for a while...hence the napster suit.

remember Lars words..."Metallica's not about the fans...we've never been about the fans...it's about us" or something close to that

I don't believe Metallica would have said exactly that, maybe something like "we do this for ourselves, not for anyone else" because that's the attitude they have and I think that's a good thing. The day that Metallica start catering to what people tell them they should play is the day that they've truly 'sold out'.

And besides, Metallica are so good to their fans - regular updates with what they're doing - studio and on the road, a website dedicated to their shows and setlists (with an option to buy a quality recording of the show you attended), a well-run fanclub, meet and greets organized for nearly every show they play. I've met the band several times and they all couldn't have been nicer, no rock star attitudes at all.

Whether you like their music or not is debatable, but they are really good to their fans.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 04:04:26 AM »

no matter any circumstances (money/no free d/l etc.)......the main point is Metallica officially offers true digital complete soundboards from nearly EVERY show for about 10bucks only in best quality! you dont have to buy/collect them but at least you have the freedom of choice picking/getting them. this is just a fucking great service for fans these years!!

...and GN'R fans only have this official 2CD thing called "fake era"? Lips Sealed

Re-Union time, baby!!
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2006, 04:20:45 AM »

Keep in mind that most of the songs played by GN'R on this tour are owned not just by Axl, but also former GN'R members, so I'm sure there are a lot of legalities that would have to be worked for any sort of public release of those songs. And I don't think Slash or Duff would be too crazy about signing off on something that would, at this point, solely benefit and promote the new GN'R.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 04:47:27 AM »

Keep in mind that most of the songs played by GN\'R on this tour are owned not just by Axl, but also former GN\'R members, so I\'m sure there are a lot of legalities that would have to be worked for any sort of public release of those songs. And I don\'t think Slash or Duff would be too crazy about signing off on something that would, at this point, solely benefit and promote the new GN\'R.

no true..
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 04:53:32 AM »

Keep in mind that most of the songs played by GN'R on this tour are owned not just by Axl, but also former GN'R members, so I'm sure there are a lot of legalities that would have to be worked for any sort of public release of those songs. And I don't think Slash or Duff would be too crazy about signing off on something that would, at this point, solely benefit and promote the new GN'R.

yeah, but when seeing it through the fans' eyes it doesnt matter....we dont have any choice getting ANY new/old officially material yet

Re-Union time, baby!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

I don't believe Metallica would have said exactly that, maybe something like "we do this for ourselves, not for anyone else" because that's the attitude they have and I think that's a good thing. The day that Metallica start catering to what people tell them they should play is the day that they've truly 'sold out'.

actually a kinda a mix of the two peace

Quote from: Lars Ulrich
A lot of bands have this sort of ?give the people what they want, we?re doing it for the fans? mentality and all that type of stuff. I think people have sort of gotten their wires crossed a couple of times with this whole thing, because we are so accessible. Because we treat our fans with dignity and respect and so on, people put this kind of brand ?Metallica the fans band, ??Metallica the peoples? band? which I have no problem with. But we?re not doing it for the fans ? we do it for ourselves and ultimately the fans get something out of it.

And besides, Metallica are so good to their fans - regular updates with what they're doing - studio and on the road, a website dedicated to their shows and setlists (with an option to buy a quality recording of the show you attended), a well-run fanclub, meet and greets organized for nearly every show they play. I've met the band several times and they all couldn't have been nicer, no rock star attitudes at all.

I'll give you that but GnR has ever been secretive, it's just differences in the way they do things

If they are going to do what shit? Is Metallica forcing the fans to buy the disc? What do soundboard quality bootlegs have to do with lowering ticket prices...And no, collectors don't "have" to have them all...Buy the show you went to for $10 bucks and stop whining that Metallica strong-armed you into buying 40 live CD's, well, because you're a "collector."

Because ultimately they make more on each show...so why no reduce ticket prices cuz basically they recoup it for free from the boots...And I don't collect metallica music (or anything really)...but there are people that do... Tongue and ask some collectors around here if they have to have "everything" or not....there are people that feel they do indeed need to own everything

You also can download some of these shows for free on several fan forums. It's very simple. A forum member bought some livemetallica shows and putted them on the forums as soon he gets them. That's how i got my 2006 Metallica shows. You can't get better quality. They are all soundboard.
Be sure to tell Metallica this on their forum. I bet they would love it. I am sure they would respond faster than you could say Napster.

too true hihi

And what about G N' R these day's? They are gonna release an album in the fall (if it's true) but where are the new songs in the shows? I'm not meanting I.R.S. and stuff but real new songs that no one has heard before. No,they prefer to play a Appetite overdose instead of promoting the new album. Isn't that a cashgrab?

well they are getting back in the public eye and they aren't doubly charging all fans to pay ticket prices then buy a boot from their website ok

excellent point Wink

no matter any circumstances (money/no free d/l etc.)......the main point is Metallica officially offers true digital complete soundboards from nearly EVERY show for about 10bucks only in best quality! you dont have to buy/collect them but at least you have the freedom of choice picking/getting them. this is just a fucking great service for fans these years!!

...and GN'R fans only have this official 2CD thing called "fake era"  Lips Sealed

Another good point...at least they are offering a place to get undoctored shows, but still...i also hated it when PJ did this btw with cds...part of the charm of bootlegs...for me is hunting down a good one or the one you attended...i own all metallica's albums what like 8 albums and the garage days dbl disk and S&M...isn't that enough money handed to these guys? now they want fans to dish out more cash? i still say fuck that peace

Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2006, 09:24:05 AM »

I'm sure they have several reasons for not offering live recordings from this tour.

I guess it requires a lot of extra work to put it together.

/jarmo

I was standing next to the sounboard in Nijmegen, and the show (audio) was being recorded
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: