Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:49:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 56657 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2006, 02:03:29 PM »

Do you think all four leaked songs are demo's...? ?confused

Is there no chance they could have been recorded to tape, from the finished versions, and then tranfered to CD/MP3 - which would account for their 'demo' like sound...?

CITR, IRS and Better all sound pretty good to me...

I'm 90% sure they are demo's... but who knows.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #381 on: March 05, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »

The songs were obviously leaked by someone with the copyrights.

Otherwise people couldn't just play IRS on Sirus radio...

It's funny... no announcement and somehow we can't mention a download on here. I've got all 4  people  beer

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #382 on: March 05, 2006, 02:23:35 PM »

Yes. Almost everyone agrees that this was a great PR-move from gnr-camp. The buzz is now greater than ever and I hope this week will bring more clarity!
Cheers!  smoking
Chief
Legend

« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2006, 02:50:45 PM »

I Still maintain that these leaks were Not intentional.  These demos are probably 1-5 years old i'm guessing. still have no idea who got a hold of them however....

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2006, 05:45:49 PM »

there is infinant posibilitys. in my opinion. the leaks where leaked by axl him self. build hype, suspence. why not. just a few demos of songs. hes prolly got them on CD finished and thought if i leak the demo it doesnt ruin the song cause that havent heard the finished CD version. but if it wasnt leaked by axl him self i think its up to some one who hacked on to a computer at his studio or where ever. it seems nearly imposible that axl even let a demo CD out of his sight. and the CD's hes takeing around now are finished versions of the songs. the leaks are unfinished and there are good but there not to point of great yet but have infinant potential. i think he leaked them now to shack shit up it the GNR world.

grover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2006, 09:01:46 AM »

This probably isn't earth-shattering to most of you, but as I was thinking about it, I have now convinced myself that the leaks (minus CITR) were completely intentional by Axl and crew.  I came to this REVELATION  Grin when I thought how ironic it was that the only new songs that were played were the ones that leaked.

However, it leads me to the next question, a very "Chicken or the egg" scenario:   Do they only play the leaks at the concerts because they WERE leaked, or did they LEAK those songs because these were the ones they wanted to play during the upcoming tour?Huh

I believe it is the latter - that they intentionally leaked those songs, because they were the ones that they wanted everyone to hear while on the upcoming tour.  Since that is the case, I don't anticipate hearing CITR or any other unknown (as of yet) song during the remaining dates, until the album is released.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2006, 09:17:41 AM »

They were intentionally leaked because the shows are being recorded for future use. It looks and sounds better to see the crowd singing along and reacting to the songs instead of just standing there with a glazed over look on their faces.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #387 on: June 14, 2006, 06:03:24 PM »

Do they only play the leaks at the concerts because they WERE leaked, or did they LEAK those songs because these were the ones they wanted to play during the upcoming tour?

Amazing that we are still no closer to solving this mystery. Only in the world of G and R. At this point, I am actually leaning in the other direction: they are only playing these songs because they were leaked. So they figure they're already out there in studio form, playing 'em live doesn't really change anything. Plus it adds an extra dimension to differentiate this tour from 2002.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2006, 09:12:18 PM »

I dont think they were intentionally leaked at all...but what i do understand is these were songs recorded in 2001 or around that time...so the songs are old in terms of the new gn'r. i think that cd's 2 and 3 of the three cd's that are supposedly mostly recorded will be the songs that will be from the real gn'r (2006) and not by the band in its transition period, recorded or written by ex-members and some of the new band. my guess is they are playing irs and better and twat because these songs are already out there. citr is out there but it must be special ie a single cause thats the one they havent played live, and maybe twat also since its only been played in nyc.
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: June 15, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »

Johnny,

I heard TWAT in NYC, however, I think they have played it 1-2 more times since new york
EFISH
« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2006, 08:46:13 PM »

umm.. twat was only played once on the 12th in nyc hammerstein
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #391 on: June 15, 2006, 08:59:15 PM »

umm.. twat was only played once on the 12th in nyc hammerstein

Umm...no.

It was played in Madrid as well.
EFISH
« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2006, 09:00:29 PM »

really? ugh how did i miss that.

alright sorry then..

any audio of it?
estranged.1098
« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »

Don't know  if it's been posted, but...

Merck interview from mygnrforum:

My anger around the recent leaks has more to do with people
hearing something that is not finished and therefore does not represent what the
artist intended the audience to hear.

I personally can't believe how anyone believes the leaks were intentional.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #394 on: June 15, 2006, 09:20:49 PM »

Don't know  if it's been posted, but...

Merck interview from mygnrforum:

My anger around the recent leaks has more to do with people
hearing something that is not finished and therefore does not represent what the
artist intended the audience to hear.

I personally can't believe how anyone believes the leaks were intentional.

Its hard to say, these are troubled times for the music industry...... they are trying new and inventive ways to promote their artists so its certainly possible that these were put out their intentionally. Axl said in the Trunk interview that he hadnt heard the leaks, and didnt really know anything about them......... yet he had obviously had the band rehearsing them at least 4 or 5 weeks before that interview took place. I dunno, i doubt they were leaked intentionally but its certainly possible!

Jonx
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #395 on: June 15, 2006, 10:23:34 PM »

The only thing I don't get is that the band is pretty much playing the leaks note for note in concert...hence why I find it hard to believe the tracks are unfinished.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #396 on: June 16, 2006, 12:34:19 AM »

To say that the leaks were not intentional is imbecile and for Axl to deny that he  has heard them is insulting and reminds one of how he alleged a certain conversation with Slash (that did not occur). The leaks were made in front of a mini tour during which the new  songs are being promoted in front of the album to come out in the Fall. To not recognize how the pieces fit makes no sense.
estranged.1098
« Reply #397 on: June 16, 2006, 12:42:23 AM »

To say that the leaks were not intentional is imbecile and for Axl to deny that he  has heard them is insulting and reminds one of how he alleged a certain conversation with Slash (that did not occur). The leaks were made in front of a mini tour during which the new  songs are being promoted in front of the album to come out in the Fall. To not recognize how the pieces fit makes no sense.

Yes, it's imbecile to think that an artist would not want us listening to an inferior version of their work.  Roll Eyes

How about this, if the leaks were intentional then why are IRS and specially TWAT so badly produced?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #398 on: June 16, 2006, 12:51:39 AM »

To say that the leaks were not intentional is imbecile and for Axl to deny that he? has heard them is insulting and reminds one of how he alleged a certain conversation with Slash (that did not occur). The leaks were made in front of a mini tour during which the new? songs are being promoted in front of the album to come out in the Fall. To not recognize how the pieces fit makes no sense.

Yes, it's imbecile to think that an artist would not want us listening to an inferior version of their work.? Roll Eyes

How about this, if the leaks were intentional then why are IRS and specially TWAT so badly produced?

Because no matter what the response is they will always be able to say that they're still a work in progress  Grin

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2006, 12:57:22 AM »

Because no matter what the response is they will always be able to say that they're still a work in progress? Grin
Yeah, like how Oh My God was a real song, and he even discussed it on MTV. When it got panned by fans and the media, it quickly was referred to as a demo. hihi

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: