Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:39:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's voice is NOT back, but it's not a bad thing! It has simply evolved.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's voice is NOT back, but it's not a bad thing! It has simply evolved.  (Read 10900 times)
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 01:55:48 PM »

You know, I hear a lot of this "I want the original Axl voice back" and not the "helium" shit. If you knew anything about Axl, then you'd know how much higher pitched Axl's voice was originally than at any other point in Axl's career:

Since I can't properly assess his voice via youtube, these links will be of no use. ? confused ? In all seriousness, don't link me old shows and tell me his voice is just as helium based. ?That's a crock of bullshit and you know it. ?Ever seen the Down on the Farm cut from Farm Aid 1990? ?Could he pull that off today? ?Hell fucking no! ?Look, I'm not trying to insult the man, but he'd make me hate DOTF if he tried singing it today. ?He's not even close. ? confused
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 02:01:22 PM »

You know, I hear a lot of this "I want the original Axl voice back" and not the "helium" shit. If you knew anything about Axl, then you'd know how much higher pitched Axl's voice was originally than at any other point in Axl's career:

Since I can't properly assess his voice via youtube, these links will be of no use.   confused   In all seriousness, don't link me old shows and tell me his voice is just as helium based.  That's a crock of bullshit and you know it.  Ever seen the Down on the Farm cut from Farm Aid 1990?  Could he pull that off today?  Hell fucking no!  Look, I'm not trying to insult the man, but he'd make me hate DOTF if he tried singing it today.  He's not even close.   confused

Dude, don't get the topic locked. I agree with a lot of what you're saying about some people not wanting to admit his voice has changed - which is laughable since it's a way of life and there's no way a man in his mid-'40s could ever sing with the same energy as he could in his '20s - but just stop before it gets locked.

To all the people like IndiannaRose who are getting defensive - read my post again, I didn't make this to bash Axl, I'm saying his voice is DIFFERENT in a GOOD way. And I know his voice was high-pitched in the beginning of his career, that's part of my point, Axl's voice is always evolving, and it fits the new songs.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 02:03:09 PM »

I feel what you mean dude, Im one of Axl's biggest suppoters but this forum is very cult like, some people need to seperate the TRUTH from their OWN reality. ?Is Axl's voice the same as it was in 1988, No, it never will be either, but At thesame time his new voice is Still unbelievable. I was at the show on May 15th in New York and it was the best concert ive ever seen.

The problem is, this is the 21st century. ?The music industry is more poppy and demanding as ever! ?There's a reason why Axl hasn't released the new material. ?At least, at one point, we have it documented where Geffen told him NO. ?That's why I'm saying this. ?It really doesn't matter if you, the new Guns fan, like Axl's voice. ?Its only going to matter to the new fans who weren't around in the 90's or have walked away over disappointment in waiting for the album. ?Sure, if you're going to the new shows, you're going to dig Axl's voice, because that's why you're there. ?To the fans that have walked away, he's not going to win many of them back.

but This new Guns N' Roses was so tight and Axl was VERY energetic and in to it.

Actually, from what I've seen, Axl doesn't have the same lizard like presence on stage now as he had back in the day. ?His moves are very processed and forced. ?Of course, he's older, but to try to compare his moves now to then and tell me the band has just as good chemistry as Duff-Slash-Izzy had back in the day... its very laughable and will be to most fans who have walked away from the band.

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 02:04:20 PM »

Since I can't properly assess his voice via youtube, these links will be of no use. ? confused ? In all seriousness, don't link me old shows and tell me his voice is just as helium based. ?That's a crock of bullshit and you know it. ?Ever seen the Down on the Farm cut from Farm Aid 1990? ?Could he pull that off today? ?Hell fucking no! ?Look, I'm not trying to insult the man, but he'd make me hate DOTF if he tried singing it today. ?He's not even close. ? confused
Hmm...no. Listen to this. The fact that you fail to recognize the true, original sound of Axl's voice (the one you truly desire for Roll Eyes) just shows your inability to view things with a clear mind. Axl's voice in that outro to Rocket Queen is much higher than anything Axl has ever done in the first millenium. If you knew as much as you ostentatiously say you knew then you'd clearly admit this as it is common knowledge in GN'R circles. You have to be deaf to deny this. no

Also, Down in the Farm? Are you kidding me? Axl could do that song 76 times today and not get tired today. If you're truly using that as an example then you're just clearly coming up with shit. That song has a very barotone, low key to it that Axl does easily in songs like It's So Easy and Mr.Brownstone. That song almost anybody could fly through.

Your inability to prove your arguments and your incoherence within explained thoughts shows your blatant ignorance in the topic. That is final and you know it to be true.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:05:55 PM by IndiannaRose » Logged
Vega
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 02:07:26 PM »

Well i had never the strong feeling to post something on the board.
Just following the discussions for over 4 years now.

But people still complaining and bashing Axl's voice, does no justice to him.
I saw them last sunday at goffertpark and his voice was better than ever!
GNR are getting in the local news papers only good review's and they also mentioned his voice is still the same as in the 90's.
According to the newspaper the volkskrant they were better than back in 93 ? beer

So people who are complaining about an Helium voice,go to a show...and you know better ?smoking

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 02:08:38 PM »

At least, at one point, we have it documented where Geffen told him NO.

Umm, please educate me with a link to a newswire, online periodical, or press release that proves that the label rejected the album.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 02:09:06 PM »

this topic should be locked, while your intentions where not to bash. this topic will bring all the people from the other topic who where bashing here.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »

Since I can't properly assess his voice via youtube, these links will be of no use.   confused   In all seriousness, don't link me old shows and tell me his voice is just as helium based.  That's a crock of bullshit and you know it.  Ever seen the Down on the Farm cut from Farm Aid 1990?  Could he pull that off today?  Hell fucking no!  Look, I'm not trying to insult the man, but he'd make me hate DOTF if he tried singing it today.  He's not even close.   confused
Hmm...no. Listen to this. The fact that you fail to recognize the true, original sound of Axl's voice (the one you truly desire for Roll Eyes) just shows your inability to view things with a clear mind. Axl's voice in that outro to Rocket Queen is much higher than anything Axl has ever done in the first millenium. If you knew as much as you ostentatiously say you knew then you'd clearly admit this as it is common knowledge in GN'R circles. You have to be deaf to deny this. no

Also, Down in the Farm? Are you kidding me? Axl could do that song 76 times today and not get tired today. If you're truly using that as an example then you're just clearly coming up with shit. That song has a very barotone, low key to it that Axl does easily in songs like It's So Easy and Mr.Brownstone. That song almost anybody could fly through.

Your inability to prove your arguments and your incoherence within explained thoughts shows your blatant ignorance in the topic. That is final and you know it to be true.

Eh...sorry mate but I disagree, it's nowhere near as high pitched as his performance of UTLH at Paris. And if you'll notice, even though that clip has a high pitch in his voice, there's some grit to it as well, whereas especially in 2002 during songs like Patience it literally had a helium effect to it like someone who has sucked air out of a balloon, I don't know exactly how to describe it. But somehow anyone who mentions his voice is high-pitched is accused of being negative. I think it sounds good on some songs. Not all of them though.

His voice right now sounds great because it's a good mix of rasp and high pitch, he sounds like he did around 1986 but with a bit less depth. Also because he's older I think he has some difficulty trying to scream over the noise of the instruments (keep in mind there's more sound effects now than there were in the "old days"), but on quieter songs you can really hear his voice is still quite strong.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »

Umm, please educate me with a link to a newswire, online periodical, or press release that proves that the label rejected the album.

drool
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 02:13:23 PM »

It is, it isn't.

You're boring.

Oh, and POV, have another point.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: