Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:12:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tibet Rail--Chinese Democracy--Asia
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tibet Rail--Chinese Democracy--Asia  (Read 2408 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: July 04, 2006, 12:58:32 PM »

Just saw a segment on CNN about the first train to travel from China to Tibet, on the just opened Tibetan Railway.? On the train, were young Chinese, and Tibetan college aged students.? They were playing songs, on a guitar, that had a definite Western influence.? With the explosion of pop culture, in the most populous continent on the planet, one wonders if the band may record one or two of the songs in Chinese--esp.? Chinese Democracy, which does have some indications of a general understanding of the cultural revolution and political forces gripping much of Asia???

IMHO, the band could really push the boundaries artistically, interpreting this in Chinese.
Moreover, it could be brilliant, economically speaking, to market this product to the burgeoning Asian pop culture.? If Axl would feel to goofy doing this, I also wonder if Robin would include a Chinese or Tibetan folk song on the album--maybe as a hidden song?? It might add a nice finishing touch--establishing, if nothing else, a touch of credibility to the project.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:13:49 PM »

I dont give a fuck about china or the chinese teenagers.
I wouldnt like to see anyone's folk song on Chinese Democracy.
And I definitely wouldnt want to hear Axl sing in chinese!!!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 01:19:27 PM »

If they did a folk song, the interpretation would not have to be "folk."  It could be an instrumental outro, or a punk take..just something, that I have wondered about--esp. after "Sossego" at RIR.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

it's a waste of space on CD.
I dont want some 2nd class crappy cover that would appeal only to the chinese rant
if they want to put a filler like that, then I'd like to hear them remix one of their own songs, or do a cover of the old GNR, but fuck the folk songs, and other wacko ideas.

I'd rather want them to do a cover of the "Dexters Laboratory" theme than some folk song

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 01:50:08 PM »

it's a waste of space on CD.
I dont want some 2nd class crappy cover that would appeal only to the chinese rant
if they want to put a filler like that, then I'd like to hear them remix one of their own songs, or do a cover of the old GNR, but fuck the folk songs, and other wacko ideas.

I'd rather want them to do a cover of the "Dexters Laboratory" theme than some folk song

What have you got against the Chinese then? This guy's only trying to make a suggestion there's no need for anti-Chinese rants. I for one think it'd be a good idea, since, due to the album's title GnR are associating themselves with the struggle for democracy in China; so doing something like this, or perhaps including Chinese artwork in the booklet or on the album cover would be a brilliant idea.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 01:52:52 PM »

Didnt he say 01.01.01 HoB that CD is not pro or anti Chian?
greendog
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 01:53:17 PM »

"Dexters Laboratory"
that is one cool as fuck cartoon!

well... the first series' were, until they changed the voice actor and animation style... then it just blew.

sorry, that was off topic Tongue
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 02:05:42 PM »

What have you got against the Chinese then? This guy's only trying to make a suggestion there's no need for anti-Chinese rants. I for one think it'd be a good idea, since, due to the album's title GnR are associating themselves with the struggle for democracy in China; so doing something like this, or perhaps including Chinese artwork in the booklet or on the album cover would be a brilliant idea.

I dont give a fuck about china, and I dont give a fuck about the chinese (or anybody elses) folk songs.

I want to hear the god damn album, and I dont care if it comes raped in toilet paper, just give us the music.
I didnt wait all this time to have a lame chinese folk song take up space on chinese democracy.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 02:10:58 PM »

I dont give a fuck about china, and I dont give a fuck about the chinese (or anybody elses) folk songs.

I want to hear the god damn album, and I dont care if it comes raped in toilet paper, just give us the music.
I didnt wait all this time to have a lame chinese folk song take up space on chinese democracy.

Fine, I'm not even gonna bother with this, I've tried before to argue with racists on this board and it never works. The rest of us want to hear Chinese Democracy too, but you don't have to be like that, at the end of the day it's GnR's album and whatever they wanna put on it will go on it, whether it be chinese folk songs or whatever.
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 02:15:29 PM »

If there's space for it then they could include something like that as a hidden track. IMO a short recording of some Chinese Kids singing along to something appropriate or just anything that expresses the current pro Democratic feeling in China would be a nice touch.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 02:25:40 PM »

I like the sounds of Chinese traditional instruments, like erhu and morinkhuur.

Also khoomei (sp?) /overtone singing is the shit. I tried to learn it for fun and gave up exercises after 3 days.

Surely these would kickass if applied properly to rock music.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 02:30:17 PM »

I dount Axl would take the time to learn to sing anything in Chinese......it's takin' him this long just to record anything in English, much less chinese

Axl is God.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 02:40:18 PM »

Plus there're many languages in china, like in europe I believe.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 02:51:29 PM »

Fine, I'm not even gonna bother with this, I've tried before to argue with racists on this board and it never works. The rest of us want to hear Chinese Democracy too, but you don't have to be like that, at the end of the day it's GnR's album and whatever they wanna put on it will go on it, whether it be chinese folk songs or whatever.

"...argue with racists..."?!!!
what kind of crap is that? Where the hell did you conclude I'm a racist?
I hate everybody the same. I hate the white people as much as I hate the chinese.

I especially hate the idiots that go around telling people they are racist, with out ever understanding what "racist" means. ok

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 06:27:55 PM »

I think that Chinese Democracy is a rather ironic title, and I don't think that we'll be getting folk music...leave that to Tyr and Ensiferum.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 02:51:28 AM »

With the finishing of the railroad, Tibet's last chance for independance and democracy is gone. Guess Axl now has forever to work on cd, since the title isn't going to catch up with him anymore...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 05:11:11 PM »

I think some people are missing the point of this post. The idea IS to put out a fully-loaded Chinese Democracy CD, but to piggyback it with a "bonus" or Easter egg song, much like the everyday DVD has, that correlates with China's struggles for democracy. Also, I agree with one poster that the song doesn't necessarily have to be an exact cover, played the exact same. I think a variation of the song with a punk twist would work. Hell, there are pleny of bands that do this on CDs, and it works.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 06:30:49 PM »

Thats too funny rofl

I think the Newsman makes some good points though. Why not expand the appeal of the album as much as possible?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
McDuff
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 06:57:49 PM »

it's stupid threads like this that fucked up this forum in the first place  smoking
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 07:00:12 PM »

Why not expand the appeal of the album as much as possible?

Make it a hip hop album with a couple country easter eggs thrown in.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: