Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:55:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supernova, rock star is on now
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova, rock star is on now  (Read 53570 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2006, 04:29:05 PM »

This is the last week, start getting your votes in now.. I'm still going with Lukas, then Toby. Alot depends on tonight.

hey me too Grin

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2006, 05:04:07 PM »

I was thinkign about buying tickets to the tour, but didn't want to if i didn't know who was singing. And I won't buy tickets at all unless Dilana wins....she may not win, but ever since the beginning she was the only one I liked.

Axl is God.
Melrose Chick
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2006, 05:08:51 PM »

Lukas has to win this....... he's brilliant!
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2006, 05:36:07 PM »

Agreed Lukas is the only one with the star quality

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »

Why? cause he dresses like an EMO Fag?

I question whether or not this guy loved boy bands 8 years ago. Is he authentic or is he following the current trend?

U gotta ask those questions.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2006, 09:01:40 PM »

Why? cause he dresses like an EMO Fag?

He wears what alot of people in the 80's was wearing and you consider that being an "emo fag"?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2006, 08:56:53 AM »

Last Night - I thought all the performances were good, but no one was great. All about equal, except I think Dilana put herself back in the running. I felt they all did a terrible job with song selection for the covers.

Lukas - I think he could have walked away with this had he chosen something like STP's "Sex Type Thing" or 'Interstate Love Song' but whatever, he was smart to change up the original, he's the only one who showed different sides of him. Nice "Bono chords" when playing the guitar.

Dilana - While she wasn't great last night, she made up for all the bad she did in previous weeks. Not sure she can pull it out because of her bad songwriting skills, but we'll see.

Toby - I think Toby has ran his course. Fun, Energetic cover band singer, great I'll see you when I'm down the Jersey Shore next summer, not fronting Tommy Lee's band. How many times can you hear "ohhh oh ohh ohh ohhhhhhh!!" before it gets old.

Magni - Talented, but too plain, just doesn't stand out to these guys. Going into commercial I felt all the previous performances were pretty tame, & he had a chance to steal it.. Coming back I hear he's going to play Deep Purple's "Hush" Huh Right out..

I still say Lukas, and yeah D, he probably was listening to Boy Bands 8 years ago, but these people are all on a reality TV show looking to sing for a band, so all credibility for me has gone right out the window for all of 'em. ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

Lukas is 29 he moved out on his own @ 16 and he's been writing songs since. around 1997 he started his first Band "Cleavage" and they finally got a record contract around 2000 with EMI Canada...he then left them and formed his latest band is Rise Electric which is where headspin comes from. D just hates him cuz he doesn't like BonJovi hihi

after last night it looks like they are not fond of Magni and like pasnow said ar enow over Toby...DIlana and Lukas look to be the favorites based on last nights comments. Dilana was the overall best last night IMO but only cuz i feel she did a better job on her cover than lukas did on his...Her orig...while catchy...isn't nearly as good as Lukas...and her lyrics suck balls IMO

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2006, 09:39:14 AM »

Lukas is 29 he moved out on his own @ 16 and he's been writing songs since. around 1997 he started his first Band "Cleavage" and they finally got a record contract around 2000 with EMI Canada...he then left them and formed his latest band is Rise Electric which is where headspin comes from. D just hates him cuz he doesn't like BonJovi hihi

after last night it looks like they are not fond of Magni and like pasnow said ar enow over Toby...DIlana and Lukas look to be the favorites based on last nights comments. Dilana was the overall best last night IMO but only cuz i feel she did a better job on her cover than lukas did on his...Her orig...while catchy...isn't nearly as good as Lukas...and her lyrics suck balls IMO

I actually liked Lukas' rendition of his original last night better than I did the first rendition.

I agree, I think Dilana was just a tiny bit better than Lukas last night, based entirely on her cover being better..and I think they are the top 2 right now.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2006, 09:53:50 AM »

Lukas is 29

?? confused So he was listening to Boy Bands at 21?? What a looooser!!? J/K.? peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »

Lukas is 29

?? confused So he was listening to Boy Bands at 21?? What a looooser!!? J/K.? peace

haha, i know he looks like he's early 20's when i read he was 29 i was like Shocked

does anybody thing that toby has adopted some of his look and attitude from Lukas since the start?

Annie
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2006, 03:16:03 PM »

I will be happy with Lukas or Dilana although I did vote for Dilana. ok
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »

TOBY has to win this................... he is cool.Grin
Lukas is a EMO and DILANA is a wannabe KOBAIN.ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2006, 03:25:49 PM »

DiLana should win.  She is the only one who doesn't annoy me.

U gotta remember, this is edited TV so they pieced a bunch of clips together that made her look like a bitch. It happens, its TV.

She spoke the truth and I dig that about her. Everything she said was true so who cares?

I agree about Tobey being a good cover band singer, I loved his original the first time, but now its annoying as hell. Magni I agree is plain.

Lukas just to me doesn't mesh well with the guys.

He looks like an Emo Singer and Supernova is a collection of 80's early 90's rock.

To me it would seem like Supernova were jumpin on the EMO Craze by pickin Lukas.

DiLana has a much better voice, much better stage presence and she seems more REAL to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2006, 03:41:33 PM »

I hope to god Dilana wins,, shes the only one i like from the start. Last nights show, I think Dilana did an awesome job. Toby did great too, Magni was OK, and Lukas sucked ass.

Axl is God.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2006, 03:43:18 PM »

my favorite is toby. i hope he wins. i think he is the best fit for this band.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
wink
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: September 13, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »

and the winner is ...... ?peace

(check the cheater sites, the show is over, just waiting till tonight to put on air)
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2006, 03:47:08 PM »

and the winner is ...... ?peace

(check the cheater sites, the show is over, just waiting till tonight to put on air)

I know, I've been holding myself back from looking, lol, Cause I wanna watch it tonight, but its hard not too look

Axl is God.
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2006, 09:04:18 PM »

So, I have to admit, I got hooked on Rock Star Supernova. Despite all my misgivings about it, I got sucked in. I held out and waited until the final episode to see the final outcome.
I have some mixed feelings about it.
*spoilers here*

I kind of wish Lukas hadn't won. Because I think he is the best. Because he can do so much better, one thing that struck me tonight was how much Supernova fucking suck. Who the fuck do they think they are? That if they throw together a band at the last minute, to make for some entertaining reality TV, write shit songs about absoluetly nothing, "it's all love' and 'be yourself' oh my fucking god.... and who the fuck does gilby think he is exactly? Dude, you were Sub in and never even recorded on any original GNR music. Really misleading calling him a 'former member' of GNR. What a fucking joke. but I guess the 'aspiring rockers' all signed up for this. This is what they wanted. Well.... congratulations lukas.......
I really think Lukas is amazing. That's why this is so depressing. Although his original is good, so if they're smart, he can write the songs and he can use the names of Tommy Lee & company to get his music out there, they can be his backing band.
maybe. still, what a waste.
Lukas and Dilana and Storm were my favorites.? ?

robots.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2006, 12:14:26 AM »

apparently a judge has issued an injunction:

United States District Court Judge John A. Houston issued a preliminary injunction Tuesday barring that band from performing, recording or selling music under the Supernova name pending the outcome of the lawsuit.

HEre is a link to the enitre story:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/15511900.htm

Im happy with the out come though as far as Lukas, though I really liked Dilana. BUT IM sure they will all, especialy the final 5 or 6 , have decent carreers in the music industry.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: