Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Reason for no CITR?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Reason for no CITR?  (Read 21361 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2006, 05:58:12 PM »

You guys must be deaf because Catcher is the song I've listened to the most.  It's a terrific song, the cream of the crop.  If it's not on this album, it will be a terrible loss.
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 07:14:32 PM »

You guys must be deaf because Catcher is the song I've listened to the most.? It's a terrific song, the cream of the crop.? If it's not on this album, it will be a terrible loss.

i totally agree, citr is a masterpiece, even if its still a demo or whatnot.  the way axl delivers those lines towards the end still sends shivers down my spine, even after listening too it a thousand times.  it would be a tragedy for this song not to be released for the masses to enjoy

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:44 PM »

You guys must be deaf because Catcher is the song I've listened to the most.? It's a terrific song, the cream of the crop.? If it's not on this album, it will be a terrible loss.

I just don't dig it, my hearings perfectly fine.....it bored the shit of me

Evr hear the saying different strokes for different folks......just not my cup of tea
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2006, 12:24:50 PM »

I think GNR is saving this track for england tour and they gonna play it with Brian May, like in Wembley  ok

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2006, 12:53:25 PM »

I doubt it'll be played. That song obviously wasn't intended to be leaked.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2006, 12:58:04 PM »

I just don't dig it, my hearings perfectly fine.....it bored the shit of me

Evr hear the saying different strokes for different folks......just not my cup of tea

wow...sombody actually agrees with me about this song Shocked

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2006, 12:58:18 PM »

The song uses lines from Salinger's book. Those who know about Salinger know about his absolute refusal to allow permission for anything related to the book to be used. While the actual title of the book might be able to be used, there is no way this song can be released without the approval of Salinger.

Why do you think the song cannot be released without the approval of Salinger? You can't copyright a title, and unless the lyrics are directly taken from the text, I can't see how approval would be necessary or even relevant to the release of the song.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »

Because Salinger is a big jerk.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006, 03:17:10 PM »

The Copyright business could be the matter with the collage on the intro of Madagascar and not with CITR.

Just matter of taste. Like CITR and the blues are only new songs that are not my cups. Tongue

EDIT I forgot the teeEmbarrassed

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 03:27:36 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2006, 03:35:46 PM »

The Copyright business could be the matter with the collage on the intro of Madagascar and not with CITR.

Just matter of taste. Like CITR and the blues are only new songs that are not my cups. Tongue

EDIT I forgot the tee.? Embarrassed

now you are right.....to a TEE hihi horrible i know Tongue

same here...after waiting so long and having a brand new band i don't wanna here UYI style stuff again no ... Better, TWAT, IRS, Maddy, OMG, CD, Rhiad even Silkworms that's where it's at ok

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2006, 04:13:24 PM »

I think it's crazy guns fans don't dig this track, but I do understand everyone has different favorites. I just think that once this song does get released, the final version will blow people away. To me, it has the potential to be more "special" or "classic" than most of the other stuff I've heard (along with the  blues).
Back in 1989, I went to England and picked up a couple GnR bootlegs, one that contained the now legendary early version of November Rain. I knew it would be a classic even though the version was really rough, but everyone I played it for disagreed. I think the same thing can happen here with CITR. And the last point, I think this song will end up sounding more like the old band than most of the other new songs, unless Brian May's guitar parts are drastically changed.

EDIT I forgot the tee.? Embarrassed

same here...after waiting so long and having a brand new band i don't wanna here UYI style stuff again no ... Better, TWAT, IRS, Maddy, OMG, CD, Rhiad even Silkworms that's where it's at ok
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2006, 04:54:01 PM »

I think GNR is saving this track for england tour and they gonna play it with Brian May, like in Wembley? ok

yeah its bound to be played at the uk shows, it woulda been played at hammersmith if brian may had time to rehearse with them.
its an amazing song, very beatlesy. but BETTER is the best song leaked so far

RichardNixon
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »

Don't like CITR=no taste.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2006, 05:37:52 PM »

Again, don't be dictatorial, Dickienix. Angry
Would you be happy if I said "Don't like Silkworms = boring"?

Me the same. I love sillyass puns. Grin

I think it's crazy guns fans don't dig this track, but I do understand everyone has different favorites. I just think that once this song does get released, the final version will blow people away. To me, it has the potential to be more "special" or "classic" than most of the other stuff I've heard (along with the  blues).
Back in 1989, I went to England and picked up a couple GnR bootlegs, one that contained the now legendary early version of November Rain. I knew it would be a classic even though the version was really rough, but everyone I played it for disagreed. I think the same thing can happen here with CITR. And the last point, I think this song will end up sounding more like the old band than most of the other new songs, unless Brian May's guitar parts are drastically changed.

You're right that we better wait for the studio version.
Besides it's no biggie if not every song on an album is orgasmic.

However to sound like the old band is not necessarily appealing, like neemo said. if you think about it, UYI didn't exactly sound like afd did they? I'm expecting them to give us something doesn't sound like GNR but is nothing but GNR, in spirit.

Incidentally, it's rather TWAT that sounds closer to UYI than the blues or CITR to me.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:39:29 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »

You said it Pat!  ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2006, 06:03:43 PM »

nice....someone who obsesses about asses is telling me i have shitty taste Tongue

RichardNixon
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2006, 06:12:25 PM »

nice....someone who obsesses about asses is telling me i have shitty taste Tongue

Great big asses and CITR, doesn't get much better than that! peace
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2006, 06:46:48 PM »

CITR is a ok song, if definately gets better at the end with the different choruses and such.

I think Axls waiting for the album to be released.  He isn't changing the setlist anytime soon, thats obvious.

VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »

i really hate it how everyone here uses the phrase "not to be an asshole..."

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »

i really hate it how everyone here uses the phrase "not to be an asshole..."

huh? Huh did anybody even say that? Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: