Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How should the new CD be promoted?!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How should the new CD be promoted?!  (Read 1287 times)
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 10, 2006, 11:54:36 AM »

I was just thinking how Democracy will be handled on the advertising front?! I think it would be a hugely difficult task for many reasons but it would be good to know what everyone else thought.
My main concerns are :-
1: How will they update the band's image when the old band is still so ingrained in the general public's minds?
2: The pressure of finally getting the most expensive Album never produced out that has been the subject of many jokes for years. Will they try and hype it up with the odd glimpses of posters/adverts with ''coming soon'' or just blurt right out with the release date?
3: How will they present Axl?! Such an Iconic figure. I hope they focus on the fact that he's either loved or hated and don't try to appeal to everyone by watering him down for the masses. This is probably the hardest task for the advertisement Company in charge! I am unsure what would be best.

I hope they go for a slow approach and provide the odd glimpse of a poster,advert, etc. Try to slowly bring Axl back into the frame instead of just springing him on people. Maybe an advert with no narration and ''better'' playing in the background with the odd glimpse of Axl and the band maybe even silhouetted against some cool background of some sort? ''better'' just sounds so fresh and new I think it would be a perfect song to give people a taster. All my friends who don't like Guns n Roses like that song which is quite something!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 11:56:45 AM »

use the search function ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23456.0

shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 12:07:19 PM »

damn sorry!!
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 12:33:33 PM »

they should have a blimp in every city centre in the world with a huge sign on it sayin "GUNS N ROSES - CHINESE DEMOCRACY - NOV 18TH 2006 - GET IT"

PS - i made up that date so dont get excited  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 01:34:21 PM »

Front cover of Rolling Stone with the new band would be cool. They shtill haven't done one photoshoot with the current line up.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 01:39:46 PM »

Word of Mouth Marketing and a stringent marketing campaign to target all Velvet Revolver fans! Undecided

Any publicity is good publicity... this tour has got a buzz like nothing else, people speaking about GNR all over the place. I've even seen a couple of ads advertising the tour on TV over here.

It wouldnt take much to be honest. Normal avenues, TV, Mags, T'internet, Radio, billboards etc etc....

Its Guns N Roses. Nuff said.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: