Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:59:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)  (Read 36225 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #200 on: July 09, 2006, 02:25:56 AM »

Are we still discussing this? It's 2006 people!

yeah it's 2006 and still no change!  rant

beer        ok     peace
why don't you two go suck each other's dicks?
Maybe you should go suck on the HTGTH Rules thread.

what happened to the rule about posting only emoticons?

I really hope something is done about this pair.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2006, 02:47:24 AM »

Agree, its kinda boring have to search for an interesting post trough all this bullshit. Sad

SLCPUNK
« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2006, 03:07:04 AM »

It's gotta drop sometime.

I think there is a major fallacy to this argument.  One may think that after all this time, it MUST be released, but I don't agree.  This is year #15 without an original GnR record.  One would think after 10 years, Axl would have released it, just because it was "the right thing to do".  The fact that it has gone this long leads me to believe it will not come out more than it will...

Did anybody feel a bunch of hot air brush over them?
sp1at
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2006, 04:38:06 AM »

owned....

You think so?  hihi

I was actually expecting that to happen.
benchiefjr
« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »

sorry about the insults...but this guy wont give it up.  All about the old band and ruining threads by posting stuff so off-topic, and yet no ban?
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2006, 12:34:30 PM »

sorry about the insults...but this guy wont give it up.? All about the old band and ruining threads by posting stuff so off-topic, and yet no ban?
no. i think u cant even read his posts.  hes not even talking about the old band.  what is off topic? the fact that axl DID fuck over his fans in 2002?

he didnt even bother to show up in philly 2002. who cares what "buisness" was going on behind the scenes?  he owed the ticket holders. he can get his fat ass out ther and sing the old songs.

he could have stopped that riot if he had wanted to.

fact. he didnt want to perform that night.

fact. he could have played his old 15 year old hits and pleased the people who payed to see that cover band.

fact.  its not off topic.

opinion.. CD will not be out this year.  you may keep BELIVING it wil. but my 2 cents are it wont be out this year.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2006, 12:55:45 PM »

sorry about the insults...but this guy wont give it up.  All about the old band and ruining threads by posting stuff so off-topic, and yet no ban?
no. i think u cant even read his posts.  hes not even talking about the old band.  what is off topic? the fact that axl DID fuck over his fans in 2002?

he didnt even bother to show up in philly 2002. who cares what "buisness" was going on behind the scenes?  he owed the ticket holders. he can get his fat ass out ther and sing the old songs.

fact. he could have played his old 15 year old hits and pleased the people who payed to see that cover band.

fact.  its not off topic.

opinion.. CD will not be out this year.  you may keep BELIVING it wil. but my 2 cents are it wont be out this year.

does the thread title say "axl fucked his fans over in 2002" or "philly 2002"??

and did your mother tell you that CD won`t come out this year?   as far as i know nobody knows what is going to happen.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2006, 06:55:34 PM »

and did your mother tell you that CD won`t come out this year?? ?as far as i know nobody knows what is going to happen.....

Good one.? Roll Eyes

I can understand people getting sick of others saying things about the old band or things about how this isn't "guns n' roses". That has been discussed to death. But seriously, to beat up on someone for doubting that the album will drop this year is ludicrious. Even with all the positive signs there is still a 50/50 chance for this thing to actually be released this year. We have heard NOTHING in regards to an actual release date (not referring to a potential release "season") nor have we heard anything about what the first single will be or when that will see the light of day. For those that think that the album will just come out with little forewarning or little promotion, you are living in a dream world. Expect at least 2 months (probably 3) heads up before the thing gets released. So far that head's up (management announces release date or single) has not happened.

Once again, don't beat up on people that doubt it will come out, they are not out of line.
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2006, 07:13:23 PM »

no. i think u cant even read his posts. hes not even talking about the old band. what is off topic? the fact that axl DID fuck over his fans in 2002?

he didnt even bother to show up in philly 2002. who cares what "buisness" was going on behind the scenes? he owed the ticket holders. he can get his fat ass out ther and sing the old songs.

fact. its not off topic.

opinion.. CD will not be out this year. you may keep BELIVING it wil. but my 2 cents are it wont be out this year.

Fuck man, you are sounding like a broken record! The title of this topic is "CD Release Date Announcement", nothing at all to do with Philly in 2002! You should take you're negativity and youre cheap shots about "cover bands" and the CD not coming out this year and go and post on the topics about the old band or the tons of other topics about Axl and his way of doing things. That way, you can leave those genuinely excited about the CD coming out to have their bit of fun  yes

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2006, 08:54:30 AM »

Please elaborate. Axl said himself early this year that festivals might be played. Obviously Rio would be at the top of the list. Again, another safe guess.

I think the poster means the fact that sp1at said "There will be an announcement up on the RIR site within 24 hours"...and there was.

That, combined with the fact they called pretty much all the tour dates prior to them actually being announced.

Look, it's a rumor site.? As a rumor site sometimes they get it right, and sometimes they don't.? If you want 100% accuracy, stick with HTGTH's news site.? If you enjoy the speculation and rumors...sp1at's a pretty good place to indulge.

But I agree:? This info should not have been transplanted here.? Sp1at has asked that the rumors not get cross posted to other forums specifically to avoid "discussions" like this.? If you want to discuss sp1at info...go to sp1at.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2006, 09:04:28 AM »

sorry about the insults...but this guy wont give it up.? All about the old band and ruining threads by posting stuff so off-topic, and yet no ban?
no. i think u cant even read his posts.? hes not even talking about the old band.? what is off topic? the fact that axl DID fuck over his fans in 2002?

he didnt even bother to show up in philly 2002. who cares what "buisness" was going on behind the scenes?? he owed the ticket holders. he can get his fat ass out ther and sing the old songs.

fact.? its not off topic.

opinion.. CD will not be out this year.? you may keep BELIVING it wil. but my 2 cents are it wont be out this year.

Fact: You dont deserve to be a Guns N Roses fan!

I feel sorry for you! Mike

ashlar
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2006, 09:14:17 AM »

no. i think u cant even read his posts.? hes not even talking about the old band.? what is off topic? the fact that axl DID fuck over his fans in 2002?

he didnt even bother to show up in philly 2002. who cares what "buisness" was going on behind the scenes?? he owed the ticket holders. he can get his fat ass out ther and sing the old songs.

opinion.. CD will not be out this year.? you may keep BELIVING it wil. but my 2 cents are it wont be out this year.

I wish people would just shut their trap and quit whining. The concert got cancelled, enough is enough. This is 4 years later, Axl will do as he will. No he will not give a free concert and suck philly's cock.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2006, 09:16:54 AM »

Seriously man, fuck off. Take your 2003 arguments to the dead horse section so we can talk about news here.

hihi? ?You guys get so personal when I state a fact.? Makes me think I may be on to something with the points I am bringing up.? That's what I get for speaking the truth.

rofl

Except...well....you're not.

You're not stating facts. ?Not entirely, anyway. ?You're stating opionions culled from interepretations based on actual events. ?That's quite something else. ?And the bias in your interpretations is pretty evident. ?I wouldn't, remotely, term you as having an open mind on the subject. ?Nor would I term your "viewpoint" as anything other than typical Axl hater drivel. ?Considering some of your assertions (Axl single handedly fucked up the original line up? ?Really? ?And what great insight leads you to THAT conclusion? ?Seems there is more than enough blame to spread around on that front...) are complete fabrications based on...well...nothing concrete...you'll excuse me if I dismiss you and your opinion as being less than relevant.

And I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the NYT article bandwagon. ?It's littered with inaccuracies. ?There's a thread around, back from around that time, that points many of them out. ?You might want to do yourself a favor and dig it up.

Together again,
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2006, 09:22:51 AM »

I shouldn't bother replying to him.. he's not here anymore.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2006, 09:53:14 AM »

Thanks god!

Well, on the prinstscreen that Mandy posted there's a mention about CD being the opening track on the album. I think it's a pretty good choice. Cheesy

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2006, 09:54:22 AM »

i cant? Embarrassed im grounded.

No offense, but this says it all.? Many of you are too young to remember Axl back in his prime.? Times are different now and Axl doesn't have that same powerful voice he had back then.? Its going to take a lot of hard work just to make it into the charts here in the U.S.? Releasing an album after 15 years of silence (new material) would prove to be a fatal mistake for GnR.? Axl simply wasted his best years doing nothing truly productive.? For those of you who think I'm just here to bash Axl, you're mistaken.? I'm a huge Axl "fan", but that doesn't stop me from being realistic.?

I remember people complaining about Axl's voice on the Sympathy cover.? Sure, it wasn't as strong, but it was still an awesome performance, IMHO.? Many of GnR's most loyal fans began complaining about Axl's voice as early as TSI.? You can see the grit and power slipping away as he got older.? That's why GnR is in a worse position now than before.? Axl has wasted his better years doing nothing.? If it were Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy, then GnR would survive, because the sound would still rock and people would simply overlook Axl's aging voice.? Now Axl has gone out and hired his own band, and has the audacity to still call them GnR.? People are not going to overlook Axl's weaker voice when the spotlight is squarely upon him now (as opposed to sharing it with Slash).

So even if CD gets released in 2006, people will crash the record stores at first, but once the words get out, sales will plummet quickly.? I'm not even sold that it'll make double-platinum status.? The new songs are OK, but most of them lack any type of hook or relevance by now.?

You confuse pessamism with realism. ?There's a big difference.

And then you fill your post with speculation, opinion, more speculation, and finish it up with some more opinion. ?And none of it...not one iota of it...has anything to do with the topic at hand.

I was originall going to go over the post and point out how wrong headed some of your opinions are. ?Then I got to the end and realized something: ?It'd be a waste of time. ?Because, in the end, everything you post is diatribe and drivel. ?No matter what evidence there is to the contrary you view your own interpretation, biased and backwards as it is, as the "truth".....and be damned with whatever anyone else thinks. ?You have no respect for anyone else's interpretations, no matter how much better founded they are than yours. ?And you add nothing useful to any discussion because of that....

So I have but one question for you: Why? ?What do you hope to get out of an open discussion forum? ?Seems like you'd be better off talking to yourself, or some insular group that shares your "viewpoint".....

Of course, that's off topic too...I'll kindly head back to the topic trail now.

Edit: Oh, and Adz just pointed out you're banned.  Well, I'll not reply to you anymore then.....had I noticed sooner I wouldn't even have written the reply above.  I'll let it stand now, simply because I don't want to delete it now that it's been posted...

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:19 AM »

1) Is this thread about the '02 Philly riot or the '02 tour?? Then discussion of it, in this topic, is off topic.? In addition, I might add, there is a nice thread in dead horse all about it.

2) Axl doesn't owe anyone anything.? Tough to hear? Yes.? But he wasn't contracted by the Philly ticketholders to do a show.? He was contracted by CLEARCHANNEL to do a show in Philly.? And the Philly ticketholders contracted with CLEARCHANNEL to attend the show.? So, when things happen, and from some reports those "things" had to do with CC and the business side of things....maybe it's time to start placing the blame a bit closer to a certain megalithic corporation (who no longer promoted concerts, I might add), or at least investigating their involvement, before lynching Axl.? ? If your boss suddenly threatened to cut your salary by 50%, or told you on Monday morning that they were going to fire you on Tuesday....would you show up for work on Monday?? 'Cause that's what's rumored, at least in part, as some of the stuff that was going on behind the scenes.? ? Could Axl have stopped the riot?? Partially, maybe, possibly.? But he wasn't even AT the venue, by all reports, and had let CC know he wasn't going to be there HOURS before CC let the ticketholders know. So we KNOW CC could have....by not opening the doors in the first place until a deal was actually done, or letting people know MUCH sooner than they did.

3) Fact 1 isn't a fact.? All we know is he didn't perform that night.? Whether he wanted to or not isn't a fact in evidence, at all.  Unless you've personally talked to him about it and have something you'd like to share?  He's been pretty tight lipped on the matter, so.....

Fact 2 is partially true....though I think we've established they are not, no matter how much you want them to be, a cover band.

Fact 3 isn't a fact at all.? It IS off topic....for this thread...even though I've wandered down the trail, along with some other posters, with you.

4) Thanks for the opinion.?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:21:56 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
WARose
Legend

« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »

and did your mother tell you that CD won`t come out this year?   as far as i know nobody knows what is going to happen.....

Good one.  Roll Eyes

I can understand people getting sick of others saying things about the old band or things about how this isn't "guns n' roses". That has been discussed to death. But seriously, to beat up on someone for doubting that the album will drop this year is ludicrious. Even with all the positive signs there is still a 50/50 chance for this thing to actually be released this year. We have heard NOTHING in regards to an actual release date (not referring to a potential release "season") nor have we heard anything about what the first single will be or when that will see the light of day. For those that think that the album will just come out with little forewarning or little promotion, you are living in a dream world. Expect at least 2 months (probably 3) heads up before the thing gets released. So far that head's up (management announces release date or single) has not happened.

Once again, don't beat up on people that doubt it will come out, they are not out of line.

dude... there`s a huge difference between people who doubt CD will come out this year and people who "KNOW" CD won`t come out this year....

i have no problem with those i mentioned first...... but i seriously hate the latters ok

i thank god (or jarmo/ the responsible mod..) that POV got banned. it was long overdue peace

....and i hope estranged2006 is the next one on the list.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2006, 11:13:56 AM »

i thank god (or jarmo/ the responsible mod..) that POV got banned. it was long overdue peace

He WAS. Thanks god and Jarmo/ mods. That's why we're nomore responding to their draggy hate posts.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2006, 11:22:01 AM »

He WAS. Thanks god and Jarmo/ mods. That's why we're nomore responding to their draggy hate posts.

oh   i overlooked that hihi

great beer

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: