Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  You Could be Mine drumming
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: You Could be Mine drumming  (Read 7772 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 08:33:34 AM »

Well atleast Frank did a great job in Helsinkin on both nights? Wink

I agree! I didn't miss Brain at all.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 08:41:20 AM »

JustWckd:  Let's see, Sorum didn't write it...didn't even originally play it...oh, but he did originally record it!  Hey 1 out of 3 aint bad!  Great post!

At the end of the day it's all some fairly typical and generic rock drumming.
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 12:06:12 PM »

drums on uyi 2 is shitty.....

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 03:16:56 PM »

This is the thing I hate about this board or any other GNR board these days.  Love or hate the New GNR ( I love the new stuff), how in the hell can you say that they play the stuff BETTER than the people that wrote it and originally played/recorded it?  Its not fucking possible or logical.

I completely agree!  Matt recorded YCBM.  Regardless of who wrote it, he played it.  He brought his own style to it and that cannot be duplicated.  I'm also tired of ppl bashing Sorum.  There's a reason he got hired for GNR and Axl referred to him as the best drummer in the world.  If he was still in the band, you would all be praising him today.

Axl is promoting the new band so of course he'll say Brain is the best...

Brain is a better drummer but if you ask me, Sorum is the better ROCK drummer.  Brain showed at RIR that he is a great blues type drummer, something Sorum is.

And I still don't get how you people think that a cover can be duplicated better.  If it wasn't for hte original there would be no cover.  And I love how Jarmo caught himself.  Face it, its a great cover band with Axl until they release their own record and play a set with the majority of songs off the said record....

And I love the new songs, so don't calll me a hater.  I'm just not a sackrider.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 05:10:20 PM »

And I still don't get how you people think that a cover can be duplicated better. 
Face it, its a great cover band with Axl until they release their own record and play a set with the majority of songs off the said record....

Interesting.  I'd like to hear your opinion on these two versions of a rock classic.

1. hte original?
2. da cover?

Guess the second one was a great cover band and no one should think the vocal, the drums or the base on it were better than those on the first one in your logic.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 05:22:54 PM »

forget the drumming how about the guitar playing on scom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY1nvkG2KW4&search=new%20gnr

is that just a really bad rendition or is that how it's been sounding overseas>
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 05:37:13 PM »

Mike do you consider it still relevant to the topic/ the flow of the thread or you've just decided to drag up something else? Roll Eyes
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 06:16:47 PM »

you got any proof that Matt didnt write that drum roll?

As a matter of fact I think it was Duff who wrote it

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
iamskeletor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 10:48:42 PM »

This is the thing I hate about this board or any other GNR board these days.  Love or hate the New GNR ( I love the new stuff), how in the hell can you say that they play the stuff BETTER than the people that wrote it and originally played/recorded it?  Its not fucking possible or logical.

And to answer the question, in 02 my biggest gripe was Brain's playing of YCBM, but in 06, he has def nailed it on alot of shows, not all but alot more than in 02.

Dream Theater covered Metallica's Master of Puppets in its entirety. Lars said it was the first time the songs were ever performed flawlessly.
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »

yes mike I agree it is really bad guitar work

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 03:57:13 AM »

Mike do you consider it still relevant to the topic/ the flow of the thread or you've just decided to drag up something else? Roll Eyes

I did it because many people here like to bash the old guys on a consistent basis so while checking new show songs I heard this and decided to post it... Nobody ever says anything like so and so was off, it's just best ever over and over yet there are quite a few tunes that the guitar work is off, yet it just gets over looked... I didn't want to start a thread saying the guitar work is bad so I threw it in here...
rubinone
Opening Act

Urban Jungle

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 06:47:19 AM »

I've GNR this summer twice sith both Brain and Frank. Even though I would like to say that Brain is Better I must admit that Frank did a hell of a good job and it's hard to really see that someone could argue against that, BUT everyone got the right to have an opinion. Wouldn't it be boring if we all thought the same...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: