Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  which version of its so easy live do you like is best?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: which version of its so easy live do you like is best?  (Read 6643 times)
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 10:08:05 AM »

VR.

Vocally Axl is superior to Scott singing it, but then again Scott is singing a cover song and Axl is singing his own song, so it's difficult to compare.

Musically, Slash/Duff/Matt (and even Dave) do it far better then NuGnR. When VR does it it sounds like Rock N Roll, you can hear all the instruments clearly, it sounds rough and that is how it's ment to sound.
When GnR do it now it sounds too polish, too much noise and you can't identify any sound individually in it.

I hate they way Axl's band plays the old songs.. There is no need for keyboards in Appetite songs..

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 03:07:58 AM »

VR.

Vocally Axl is superior to Scott singing it, but then again Scott is singing a cover song and Axl is singing his own song, so it's difficult to compare.

Musically, Slash/Duff/Matt (and even Dave) do it far better then NuGnR. When VR does it it sounds like Rock N Roll, you can hear all the instruments clearly, it sounds rough and that is how it's ment to sound.
When GnR do it now it sounds too polish, too much noise and you can't identify any sound individually in it.

I hate they way Axl's band plays the old songs.. There is no need for keyboards in Appetite songs..

well with a setlist of 10 afd songs the band would have to sit off to the side.. AFD only needs 5.. smoking Dizzy plays the bongos too during wttj
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 02:32:02 PM »

Since Axl?s voice is not that particular there, scott sings it well, and when it comes to the music, for some reason i feel? like VR plays it more solid, the solo sounds just right, like it is and and it sounds more full, the rhythm is also more heard, i like it better.

It only lacks the screaming of Axl in " I ain't got no money but it goes to show"

after that it?s definitely cooler.? ok
VR.

That's the basis, the music, VR plays it better, no doubt about it.

GNRs version anyday. Scott sounds better on this one than Mr Brownstone Roll Eyes But without Axl it just doesn't sound right and I like Robin's leads. Cool

How can you like robin's leads?  damn!!! i'm getting tired of robin fucking up the songs, really... he's not good enough for GN'R, not even this version of GN'R
I'm Sorry for any offense taken, just my opinion smoking

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: