Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why are people going to see GNR?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why are people going to see GNR?  (Read 10626 times)
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« on: July 20, 2006, 12:02:12 PM »

i read alot of stuff on here and have seen alot my self about people throwing stuff on stage and critising guns, why are people going to see them if they are just going to abuse them

i admit i prefer the old guns by a mile but, iv seen them once going again on 25th, but why go see them, to abuse them and throw stuff, do you people ahve nothing better todo

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:05:07 PM »

do you people ahve nothing better todo

how can you have something better than going to a gnr concert ?

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:06:08 PM »

do you people ahve nothing better todo

how can you have something better than going to a gnr concert ?

agreed but still the question begs, i mean its very rare for guns to put a bad performance on

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 12:08:37 PM »

i read alot of stuff on here and have seen alot my self about people throwing stuff on stage and critising guns, why are people going to see them if they are just going to abuse them

i admit i prefer the old guns by a mile but, iv seen them once going again on 25th, but why go see them, to abuse them and throw stuff, do you people ahve nothing better todo

Because some people think they are cool if they go to a concert and throw stuff on stage or booh or heckle the performers. ?I had a friend who loved to do that? ?Why? ?Because he thought it made other people laugh and made them thought he was cool. ?Personally I think it is childish and people did laugh, but laughed at him. ?If I don't like a band or singer, I don't go. ?Plain and simple. ?And if I don't like a band or singer, I don't go to boards about them or on their site. ?Even if I was a fan once. ?But some people may have liked GNR in the 80's or 90's, they don't anymore and they think they are being funny to come on boards and make fun of the band. ?But on this I can understand a little because some people here seem to take this just a little to seriously and seem to mistake Axl for God or something.
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 12:09:41 PM »

I have a feeling that the fuckwits who are throwing things are not going to be members of this board. ?You want to know why they do what they do, go find one at a gig and ask...I reckon the closest to an intelligent answer you'd get would be 'UG, must throw rocks, UG'.

As for why people criticise the band...we all are entitled to our opinions. ?I very rarely do criticise them as I'm loyal to a point of weakness but I do acknowledge the fact that they do have their faults and if people want to comment on them, as long as they are doing so in a constructive way and not just going 'they were shit!', then fair play.
Olorin
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 12:11:16 PM »

It doesnt just happen at GN'R concerts.

You get a couple of thousand people together in the one place, many of them drunk - and sure enough things get thrown at the stage.

I don't even think it is a statement of "you suck", rather its just a fucking thoughtless knucklehead who seems to think he will look like a big shot in front of his mates.

I have never been to a gig where something hasnt been thrown on stage.

Arseholes are all over the globe living like Arseholes in their Arsehole world.

This planet is over-run by Arseholes.

I used to think that I was some kind of sociopath, that I had some kind of mental disorder that meant I was incapable of liking many people.

Then I realised that, "No, there is nothing wrong with me, I'm just surrounded by fucking arseholes wherever I go."
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 12:17:03 PM »

i will go ask one on the 25th  hihi

i like to stick the finger up to axl, but thats not as an insult its to give him the energy that he loves on stage, not that he needs it

i remeber at a VR gig, i was doing that at duff and he just did it back with  a nig grin on his face rofl

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 12:18:47 PM »

What amazes me is, they paid to do it.
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 12:20:17 PM »

You get a couple of thousand people together in the one place, many of them drunk - and sure enough things get thrown at the stage.

I don't even think it is a statement of "you suck", rather its just a fucking thoughtless knucklehead who seems to think he will look like a big shot in front of his mates.

I used to think that I was some kind of sociopath, that I had some kind of mental disorder that meant I was incapable of liking many people.

Then I realised that, "No, there is nothing wrong with me, I'm just surrounded by fucking arseholes wherever I go."

lol! ?Not just me then. ?Perhaps we should form a support group - The 'Fuck Off You Ignorant Wankers Alliance'
anythinggoes
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 12:21:07 PM »

your post reminded me of this

Pussies don?t like dicks because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is they fuck too much or fuck when it isn?t appropriate. And it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves, because pussies are an inch and half away from assholes. I don?t know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don?t let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit.

i go to see GNR because im a fan i dont boo i dont throw things at the band i enjoy the atmosphere and watching and listening to the music. The problem is a lot of people are not diehards they are curious some are pissed some do stupid things that we wouldnt dream of its the world be live in
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 12:23:57 PM »

^^^^AMERICA, AMERICA fuck yeah, comin to save the motherfuckin day yeah

sorry off topic

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »

From a post I did hours ago:

God I don?t get this at all! How come there are asshole like those drunkers that go to the gigs, PAY for the tickets to spoil other?s entertainment??? Damn, this really pisses me off. When I went to RiR I had these 4 or 5 completely smashed guys by my left who spend ALL gig yelling, trowing beer at us (yes, I was trying to FOCUS on the gig as it was so important for me but I had these guys trowing beer at me and my brother), laying on the floor... and (this is true) not even for ONCE they looked to the stage!!!  Now, I really don?t get this!! How come guys like these, and the ones from Newscastle as well go to a gig, pay for it just to spoil everything and get drunk... God it?s so stupid.....

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »

Face it, some people are stupid, others think only of themself, and some are both.
DouglasFir
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »

Face it, some people are stupid, others think only of themself, and some are both.

That sums it up quite nicely - if only they could have an idiot filter when selling tickets!

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 05:24:52 PM »

Because i'm a fan of the band since 1988. That's why

Where's Axl?
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 06:32:01 PM »

That is just what I was thinking when I found out that it was a coin thrown at Axl. These people had paid to see him, he had delivered a set in which every song (in my opinion) had been done to absolute perfection - sure they hadn't played many new songs, but I would imagine the new songs would mostly only have been heard by the more die hard fans, who would NEVER throw stuff at Axl. I cannot understand it, and the fact that this guy caused a good few thousand people to have their show cut short, it is just unforgivable. Also, throing money is very dangerous, especially a heavy coin like a ?1. Just gently start to puch one into your hand, and get a bit harder, it hurts, now imagine one being thrown at you!!!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 08:56:49 PM »

How do we know the guy threw the coin maliciously at Axl? How do we even know the coin hit him hard?
lald04
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 10:56:02 PM »

That is just what I was thinking when I found out that it was a coin thrown at Axl. These people had paid to see him, he had delivered a set in which every song (in my opinion) had been done to absolute perfection - sure they hadn't played many new songs, but I would imagine the new songs would mostly only have been heard by the more die hard fans, who would NEVER throw stuff at Axl. I cannot understand it, and the fact that this guy caused a good few thousand people to have their show cut short, it is just unforgivable. Also, throing money is very dangerous, especially a heavy coin like a ?1. Just gently start to puch one into your hand, and get a bit harder, it hurts, now imagine one being thrown at you!!!

Gotta agree with you there.  Smiley

...its a miracle how long we can stay...[/i][/size]
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 01:05:47 AM »

A lot of fans at the shows are under the influence of drinks or drugs. Some people aren't really aware of their actions, even if they are huge Axl's fans.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 01:07:39 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Elrothiel
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 07:54:29 AM »

I fucking hate when people chuck stuff with malice during gigs! What the fuck is their problem!? Do they like ruining it for the rest of us?

And come on, how fucking stupid can you BE!!? If you throw somethin' at Axl and it makes him walk off stage and not come back, and you cut short the gig for three thousand plus people... YOU'RE GUNNA GET YOUR ASS BEAT!!!

It doesn't take a genius to work that one out so anyone who is dumb enough to do that better either skedaddle or wear extreme padding because one way or another, that motherfucker will get his ass beat to a pulp!

... SO kids, when you go to a show, don't throw stuff, or you might just have to endure a short stay in the hospital before being chucked six feet under!

smoking
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: