Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 23rd Manchester MEN Arena...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 23rd Manchester MEN Arena...  (Read 24648 times)
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2006, 04:33:50 AM »

OMG, the left out Paradise City!  Shocked I guess it's the first time that other song closed the show - and the band played a full show without a riot or leaving earlier for some reasons.

Paradise City was the final song of the night.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2006, 04:39:03 AM »

OMG, the left out Paradise City!? Shocked I guess it's the first time that other song closed the show - and the band played a full show without a riot or leaving earlier for some reasons.

Paradise City was the final song of the night.

Fuck, I read on another forum that they left out the song. I want to write something positive and then it turns into this. Sorry.

Great setlist though.  ok
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 05:28:37 AM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2006, 04:46:05 AM »

The only gig that they left out PC on was in Newcastle and that was because Axl got hit by coins thrown from the audience, they ended the concert on Nightrain instead that night.

When you took everything

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2006, 05:06:58 AM »

hey gnrosas, did you film the show?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2006, 05:19:49 AM »

what a fucking setlist, they have changed it alot, not in terms of song but they have mixed them up alot  ok cool set lists cant wait till birmingham ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2006, 06:31:59 AM »

omg it was fucking amazing ^.^ and izzy was thereeee ^.^ that saves me alot of trouble, just need to see vr and i've seen the big 5. i coulda cried hehe

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2006, 06:34:00 AM »

Damn, that live version of IRS fucking kills! ok

AXl hits every note and the band is tight as anything! Shocked Grin

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2006, 06:40:16 AM »

I also liked the way the stewards warned me that the show probably will start later than originally stated.   hihi Thanks for that I'd never have guessed.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2006, 06:44:33 AM »

"-Axl between songs - 'We haven't slept for 2 days, Richard hasn't slep cos he was working on a song, I didn't sleep last night cos I was workin on...Something, I can't remember her name...But I can tell you I worked damn hard'"
That was so romantic...  hihi

I'll download it !
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2006, 07:09:44 AM »

i filmed alot of the show on my phone, not to sure how good the quality will be, will post them on youtube when my computer decides to let my phone connect to it lol

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2006, 07:43:43 AM »

i hope they're not too burned out for birmingham no

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2006, 08:13:21 AM »

looks like it could possible be a midnight curfew Sad

It wasn't, the main set wasn't over by midnight! They came on around 10:15 by which time the booing had started (that started after every song from about 10pm) - crowd were generally good, mexican wave went round the arena, lots of girls getting their breasts out (encouraged by the lighting guy who kept putting the spotlight on them!)

Anyway, great show (marred only by the assholes who decided to come and sit next to us in Block 102 after a few songs and talked LOUDER THAN THE FUCKING BAND (how is that even possible?) and refused polite requests to keep it down until they became abusive and I got them thrown back to their own seats) - the guy next to me was definitely bootlegging, although this'll have impacted on his recording some.

Axl seemed in a good mood throughout, and I didn't even spot the technical difficulties, unless you're talking about whatever went wrong in the solo before he went into Don't Cry. He came out to the side of the stage and spoke to someone, then came straight back on and went into DC. The solos weren't greeted particularly warmly where I was (the general attitude was 'ah, time for a toilet break!') but there's nothing like watching a stadium go off when the intro riff to Sweet Child Of Mine is played, for example.

Very little recognition for the new songs - saw one guy singing along to Better and that was about it.

I was surprised at the amount of kids there who weren't even born when Illusion came out, much less Appetite. One kid near me spent some of the time with his hands over his ears, scared of the pyros, he was that young - don't know what his parents were thinking!

Erm, anyway, work tomorrow. Maybe more tomorrow evening. Short video of Patience, too. Smiley

Gah, should sleep but keep thinking of things. Someone threw a Union Jack flag on stage before Patience and Axl wrapped himself in it while he sang.

That guy next to you bootlegging would be me Wink  Managed to get the whole show as well.....Paradise finished and the battery literally died on me, so good job there was no more encores.... ok

chinesedemocracyuk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2006, 08:16:55 AM »

GUNS RULED LAST NIGHT. IT WAS AMAZING START TO FINISH, IS THERE AUDIO OR VIDEO? I HOPE SO I REALLY DO
mstclaire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2006, 08:18:37 AM »

I think last night was the coolest night of my life so far. First when we got in and went to our seats Bumblefoot was sat in the crowd 1 seat away from me eating his dinner and watching the opening acts. I got a chance to speak to him briefly but just chit chat really nothing major, but hes a really nice guy. Then I got talking to he guy sat next to me and he had backstage passes and got given a couple of extra ones that he gave to me and my wife. I think hat guy gave me the greatest present ever. So the show really rocked and it was a great setlist. Axl was on great form for the night. Then after the show we got to go backstage and meet the band (except Axl). This was an awesome experience and I got to talk to everone except Axl and they were all really down to earth and friendly. I didnt really know what to say so I jut congratulated them ll on a good show and asked them to sign my ticket.

Anyway that was the best night ever peace peace peace peace peace peace beer beer beer beer beer
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2006, 08:22:02 AM »

GUNS RULED LAST NIGHT. IT WAS AMAZING START TO FINISH, IS THERE AUDIO OR VIDEO? I HOPE SO I REALLY DO

Read my above post, I got the audio for the whole show.  It will be shared very soon, maybe tonight if I have time.

14 years of silence
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2006, 08:22:26 AM »

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/entertainment/music/livereviews/s/218/218736_guns_n_roses___men_arena.html

Sounds like they enjoyed the gig 

ps anybody interested in 3 standing tickets at face value to the Wembley gig on 30/07/06 please contact me   beer
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:31:14 AM by steve » Logged
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2006, 08:23:02 AM »

looks like it could possible be a midnight curfew Sad
Very little recognition for the new songs - saw one guy singing along to Better and that was about it.

i sang along to every song they played ^.^ ?it was sooo amazing! i was so happy when i saw izzy aswell. before i left i made a playlist for a cd for the car, of ?what i thought was gonna be played, got he first 7 songs right and the rest right apart from a couple mixed up. ^.^

anythinggoes
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2006, 08:31:34 AM »

Thats a better review glad they liked irs too
mikegray
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2006, 09:25:22 AM »

Read my above post, I got the audio for the whole show.? It will be shared very soon, maybe tonight if I have time.

Look forward to hearing it, although not to the argument with the knobbers next to us.  Lips Sealed
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2006, 09:56:22 AM »

i like your cool spin logo:

Thanks amigo Smiley I was teaching myself 3d modelling so thought that logo would be a worthwhile starting place.  ok

When you took everything

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: