Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 23rd Manchester MEN Arena...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 23rd Manchester MEN Arena...  (Read 24897 times)
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2006, 10:26:46 PM »

Just back from the best Gnr show i have seen so far..

The arena was almost full with a very warm feeling. People seemed very happy doing the waves and breast flashing, waiting for Mr Axl to be more than 1 hour late...Even Bumblefoot was at the side of the stage with his guitar waiting at least 30 Min for the show to start Huh

Gnr started and the crowd exploded...Generally the reception was really good and the arena was rocking in the Gnr mode..

The band was really tight with a lot of smiles and an Axl to be in a good mood and really performing at his best...

At some point he received a UK flag from the crowd and he was wearing it.

They were plenty of solos in this gig and Robin i think played an extra one...
In my opinion although the solos are really good, they kinda kill the momentum...
As soon as they play a rocker and the crowd really get into it, then they play a solo and make the crowd to either sit again or go for another beer...

The setlist was longer than the other current UK shows with an extended encore and 4 new songs (the blues, Madagascar,Better, I.R.S)

Izzy again stole the show when he came on and the whole arena started cheering when he appeared...

Overall it was the most solid and best performance i've seen so far and this band is really proving that are here for the long run, and have the balls to carry the GNR name...The more i watch this lineup the more convinced i become that they are set for something special.....Also Axl seems to be getting better and better as time passes and it seems that his confidence is increasing...His energy and willingness to perform a great show, doesn't differ much from the old days...

Now although i am a big buckethead fan, it seems this lineup is tighter than the 2002 one...Also visually i have to aggree that bumblefoot fits better with the band. Having said that though, Buckethead performance and solos were more distinct, than ron...Ron is a likable guy with nice music who fits with the band......Buckethead was a personna and imo a level above the other guitarists in the band....I just wish his parts stay on C.D

Well i am really happy right now and excited...Some dreams really come true...I am off to bed now as in few hours i am back at work

Ah i almost forgot....something for you to enjoy.... Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytKb7g8DzAM

« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 11:06:07 PM by GNROSAS » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2006, 10:31:26 PM »

Sweet.  That was quick.  Thanks for that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EFISH
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2006, 10:34:58 PM »

that was an absolutely amazing video! thanks man. if youve got anymore.. post immediatly!! Grin
stugots
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2006, 10:36:32 PM »

Wow, you guys are giving lots of great reviews, thanks to all

Web Hosting & eCommerce Solutions
http://www.hostofthetown.com
Steel_Angel
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2006, 10:44:32 PM »

Just back from the best Gnr show i have seen so far..

The arena was almost full with a very warm feeling. People seemed very happy doing the waves and breast flashing, waiting for Mr Axl to be more than 1 hour late...Even Bumblefoot was at the side of the stage with his guitar waiting at least 30 Min for the show to start Huh

Gnr started and the crowd exploded...Generally the reception was really good and the arena was rocking in the Gnr mode..

The band was really tight with a lot of smiles and an Axl to be in a good mood and really performing at his best...

At some point he received a UK flag from the crowd and he was wearing it.

They were plenty of solos in this gig and Robin i think played an extra one...
In my opinion although the solos are really good, they kinda kill the momentum...
As soon as they play a rocker and the crowd really get into it, then they play a solo and make the crowd to either sit again or go for another beer...

The setlist was longer than the other current UK shows with an extended encore and 4 new songs (the blues, Madagascar,Better, I.R.S)

Izzy again stole the show when he came on and the whole arena started cheering when he appeared...

Overall it was the most solid and best performance i've seen so far and this band is really proving that are here for the long run, and have the balls to carry the GNR name...The more i watch this lineup the more convinced i become that they are set for something special.....Also Axl seems to be getting better and better as time passes and it seems the his confidence is increasing...His energy and willingness to perform a great show, doesn't differ much from the old days...

Now although i am a big buckethead fan, it seems this lineup is tighter than the 2002 one...Also visually i have to aggree that bumblefoot fits better with the band. Having said that though, Buckethead performance and solos were more distinct, than ron...Ron is a likable guy with nice music who fits with the band......Buckethead was a personna and imo a level above the other guitarists in the band....

Well i am really happy right now and excited...Some dreams really come true...I am off to bed now as in few hours i am back at work

very awesome.. thanks a lot.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2006, 10:49:16 PM »

Am I the only one worried that Axl said Richard's working on a song? Hopefully that's not a "Chinese Democracy" song. Hopefully those are all done. Hopefully he means Richard is rehearsing a song they've never played live before.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2006, 10:52:09 PM »

working on a song like.. maybe a song for another album.
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2006, 11:00:34 PM »

Fucking ace video!!! that's the best live IRS so far, they really nailed it!
Evolution
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2006, 11:03:18 PM »

Very cool to read all your reviews  ok
Chief
Legend

« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2006, 01:26:51 AM »

Richard works on songs all the time for his own projects etc.. he likes to do video games, movie stuff, etc..

Am I the only one worried that Axl said Richard's working on a song? Hopefully that's not a "Chinese Democracy" song. Hopefully those are all done. Hopefully he means Richard is rehearsing a song they've never played live before.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mikegray
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2006, 02:10:32 AM »

I was surprised at the amount of kids there who weren't even born when Illusion came out, much less Appetite. One kid near me spent some of the time with his hands over his ears, scared of the pyros, he was that young - don't know what his parents were thinking!

Dude, I think I would kick that kid's ass if I saw that, he must be 12 years old or something like that, they shouldn't allow children in Gn'R shows...

They were with their parents!
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2006, 02:35:19 AM »

I would be surprised if any Gn'r fan wasn't impressed with that above video of I.R.S. The
band sounds tight as ever and Axl's voice is amazing. I remember watching the VMA's in 2002 and actually feeling embarassed because Axl's vocals sounded so shot. It's videos like the one above that make me proud to be a Gn'r fan who not only loves the lineup (even Pitman!) but can't wait to hear these new songs on the upcoming record as well. and Izzy showing up at these shows is just plain cool. smoking

Thanks for the great reviews and for the footage as well beer

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2006, 02:43:58 AM »

Awsome video! Is there more?

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2006, 02:46:47 AM »

thanks for the review and the video, can't wait to see them live next fall...god willing

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2006, 03:22:17 AM »

AGain this sounds like another greta show , everythign is falling in place, band is rockin on all cylinders, and that IRS clip fuckun ace , thanks for that and yeah bring more:)

THanks everyone who did the updates, from the show and those who posted reviews.beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2006, 03:35:45 AM »

Phenomenal show, the band was running hot last night and the encore was amazing. The first 4 or 5 songs blew the house down and the atmosphere was amzing, the intensity did dip then probably until Izzy came on but more inclined to say the heat was taking the energy from the crowd rather than say it was the bands fault although the solo's do break the momentum a bit too much but it's only a small complaint really.

New songs weren't well recieved overall, they weren't booed or anything but it was clear the crowd didn't know them.

Most main points have already been covered by everyone else, basicall a kickass show ?ok

I took a friend who's a casual GNR fan to the show and before it he was saying he thought Axl looked a bit daft with braids and was looking old etc. After this show he was discussing with me how Axl's got to be still one of the great frontmen of all time after that performance ? yes

Well I think it's bed for me as after the show we spent all night wandering round manchester until our 6am train. I'll be honest it was a boring 6 hours ?hihi

Anyway great show and those who are going to the remaining shows I hope you enjoy them as much as I did ?ok

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2006, 03:59:12 AM »

About Richard working on a new song.. I think thats fucking great. Shows the band is still writing shit for later albums. Maybe this version of GNR will survive Chinese Democracy and move forth. Of corse its a bit early to talk about later albums.. but it gets me excited as fuck.

If you guys don't recall GN'R were working on a new song when they were rehearsing in N.Y. before the shows. Axl says so in the Eddie Trunk interview.

I hope Axl pulls off whatever he's planning because I would LOVE for this version of GNR to have its own sweet ass prime.

gnrevolution.com
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2006, 04:08:41 AM »

Thanks mate that is fantastic! They have put in another fucking awesome show by the looks of things! Nice to read nothing but positive reviews from everyone! Cant wait until Sunday! Mike

evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2006, 04:26:37 AM »

Oh wow did you see how bumble shredded that solo at the end?  Aw man I can't wait to see this band live.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2006, 04:32:08 AM »

OMG, the left out Paradise City!  Shocked I guess it's the first time that other song closed the show - and the band played a full show without a riot or leaving earlier for some reasons.

I totally back Axl's decision cause it's high time to do something different and I take it as a good sign that Axl will really start his new career and stop living of the past and he will replace the old tunes with some new ones in the future.  peace

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: