Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Another rumor-take it for what it's worth
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another rumor-take it for what it's worth  (Read 13946 times)
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2006, 01:15:05 PM »

I don't know how some of you people are so sure it won't happen.  It's like when someone says they have a new song and half the forum jumps down their throat.  Then it turns out to be true.  coughIRScough  This is why I try never to jump to conclusions.  Anything can happen.

His story seems plausible.  This is the last show and Axl almost has to tell us something about future plans or do something a little different.  I can't see the band playing the first single though.  It just isn't the way to introduce such a key song.  I can see them playing CITR though, with Brian May.  Technically this would make the poster at least partly correct and owed a few apologies IMO.  Then Axl will tell us what's coming next, in vague terms.  Something like an announcement in late August, or the album is targeted for late 2006, etc.

Not totally convinced about a release date and album cover...but you know what?  It's not like it'd be such a big surprise.  We know the album is coming in either November or December.  So it's not like Axl is really giving out too much information by doing this.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 01:19:28 PM by Fusion » Logged

a.k.a. KBear
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »

I don't know how some of you people are so sure it won't happen.? It's like when someone says they have a new song and half the forum jumps down their throat.? Then it turns out to be true.? coughIRScough? This is why I try never to jump to conclusions.? Anything can happen.

His story seems plausible.? This is the last show and Axl almost has to tell us something about future plans or do something a little different.? I can't see the band playing the first single though.? It just isn't the way to introduce such a key song.? I can see them playing CITR though, with Brian May.? Technically this would make the poster at least partly correct and owed a few apologies IMO.? Then Axl will tell us what's coming next, in vague terms.? Something like an announcement in late August, or the album is targeted for late 2006, etc.

Not totally convinced about a release date and album cover...but you know what?? It's not like it'd be such a big surprise.? We know the album is coming in either November or December.? So it's not like Axl is really giving out too much information by doing this.

because he was for sure it was gonna happen and today he states it's not confirmed to cover his ass and the acoustic gig threw him for a loop. that's why.

everyone's an insider Roll Eyes
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2006, 01:26:04 PM »

I don't know how some of you people are so sure it won't happen.  It's like when someone says they have a new song and half the forum jumps down their throat.  Then it turns out to be true.  coughIRScough  This is why I try never to jump to conclusions.  Anything can happen.

His story seems plausible.  This is the last show and Axl almost has to tell us something about future plans or do something a little different.  I can't see the band playing the first single though.  It just isn't the way to introduce such a key song.  I can see them playing CITR though, with Brian May.  Technically this would make the poster at least partly correct and owed a few apologies IMO.  Then Axl will tell us what's coming next, in vague terms.  Something like an announcement in late August, or the album is targeted for late 2006, etc.

Not totally convinced about a release date and album cover...but you know what?  It's not like it'd be such a big surprise.  We know the album is coming in either November or December.  So it's not like Axl is really giving out too much information by doing this.

because he was for sure it was gonna happen and today he states it's not confirmed to cover his ass and the acoustic gig threw him for a loop. that's why.

At mygnr sometimes they will move a thread that's in news and discussion if it isn't confirmed.  So that could explain his statement.  Just read his post, he sounds pretty sure.  Not like he's backing off at all.

All I'm saying is that some people are too quick to judge just because it's posted at a forum they don't like, or they don't want things to go down that way, or whatever their story is.  Just like he can't provide us evidence that actually proves he isn't lying, none of us has evidence to prove that he is.

a.k.a. KBear
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2006, 01:29:21 PM »

I don't know how some of you people are so sure it won't happen.? It's like when someone says they have a new song and half the forum jumps down their throat.? Then it turns out to be true.? coughIRScough? This is why I try never to jump to conclusions.? Anything can happen.

His story seems plausible.? This is the last show and Axl almost has to tell us something about future plans or do something a little different.? I can't see the band playing the first single though.? It just isn't the way to introduce such a key song.? I can see them playing CITR though, with Brian May.? Technically this would make the poster at least partly correct and owed a few apologies IMO.? Then Axl will tell us what's coming next, in vague terms.? Something like an announcement in late August, or the album is targeted for late 2006, etc.

Not totally convinced about a release date and album cover...but you know what?? It's not like it'd be such a big surprise.? We know the album is coming in either November or December.? So it's not like Axl is really giving out too much information by doing this.

At mygnr sometimes they will move a thread that's in news and discussion if it isn't confirmed.? So that could explain his statement.? Just read his post, he sounds pretty sure.? Not like he's backing off at all.

All I'm saying is that some people are too quick to judge just because it's posted at a forum they don't like, or they don't want things to go down that way, or whatever their story is.? Just like he can't provide us evidence that actually proves he isn't lying, none of us has evidence to prove that he is.

the thread did NOT get moved.

he purposedly put it in that section because he is NOW claiming it's not verified info.

surprise surprise.

Roll Eyes
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2006, 01:40:46 PM »

The end of the US tour or the finnal date at Wembley/UK (which is tonight  beer )

.as if were to be the end of the US tour i think we'll have the album by then anyway  hihi
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2006, 01:54:53 PM »

At mygnr sometimes they will move a thread that's in news and discussion if it isn't confirmed.  So that could explain his statement.  Just read his post, he sounds pretty sure.  Not like he's backing off at all.

All I'm saying is that some people are too quick to judge just because it's posted at a forum they don't like, or they don't want things to go down that way, or whatever their story is.  Just like he can't provide us evidence that actually proves he isn't lying, none of us has evidence to prove that he is.

the thread did NOT get moved.

he purposedly put it in that section because he is NOW claiming it's not verified info.

surprise surprise.

Roll Eyes

I'm saying the mods there have a habit of moving threads out of the main section if they are unsubstantiated news.  So he could have decided not to even bother putting it there in the first place because he thought it would just annoy them and get moved.  You know, he actually put it in the right section and explained why he did so.  Shocked

I don't want to argue about this, I'm just saying we should all keep an open mind.

a.k.a. KBear
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2006, 02:12:46 PM »

Rumours ? Jaysus h christ lads. Remember the rumours around before the eddie trunk interview. Slash this and all that.

And a "roadie" said it. give me a break. Sure that could be anybody looking for his/her 15 mins of fame.

And until i hear the words from axl himself,then i wont believe anything any so called "insider" said was meant to happen.

Thats my two cents worth anyway.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2006, 03:15:50 PM »

rumor yet a changing rofl rofl rofl

well ok when i spoke to my friend again he said it wasnt just one person who said this. he works with a crew of guys back stage and some of them have higher authorization i guess, so there were a lot of rumors going around back stage. he overheard two guys with security passes discussing something about the album but he had to move to the other side of the stage so didnt hvae a chance to pick up on what tehy were talking about. this was last night. anyway i really hope its true, that would kick ass to have a new song and cd release date.

so now the roadie friend had to move away from the stage and couldn't hear what was said Roll Eyes

i bet GNR read this post, knew which roadie it was and now the dude is covering his ass to this poster so he doesn't get canned hihi
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »

from that dude off of mygnr.com who started that rumor of a new song and album cover being shown and cd announcement

my friend sent me text from backstage, he says he hasnt heard anything more about a new song being played tonight but that it seems "tense" back stage and beta is there pacing back and forth and occasionally talking to people, might mean something...who knows........

lol how he changes his story each time to save face

yeah his roadie friend is gonna text him in the middle of a fucking show.....................right  Roll Eyes
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2006, 07:33:50 PM »

NOW THE POSTER IS RECANTING.

Axl blew out his voice so Baz had to sing PC and this poster tries to make it seem that the reason it was so tense backstage. 

Fake insiders  Roll Eyes

sorry guys, as someone else said i guess the reason everyone backstage was tense is because axl was ill and they were afraid of a walk-off or something......i still dunno why a new song wasnt played, unless my friend just heard wrong. or maybe it was planned before and they cut it short because he was sick. i guess we wont know for now tho.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2006, 09:03:12 PM »

now he acts like his friend told him this after it was posted all over the sites

....my friend just texted, said axl blew his voice out last night and partied too late, apparently he also drank quite a bit and was hungover this morning....at least he gave it a try tonight! he made it through most of the show so it aint a disappointment right??

let this thread be a lesson to those who believe fake insiders
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2006, 11:03:26 PM »

A lesson?? We've had a trillion lessons, and people still haven't learned. I guess they need a trillion more. rofl

mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2006, 11:10:45 PM »

Some dude over at mygnr.com claims he gets info from a sound tech/roadie.

When asked if we'll get any news about CD this is what he said

last performance of the tour they are playing a new song we haven't heard yet and then axl will take the stage and announce the official release date for CD.

you didnt hear this from me

If this is true, I hope they (A.) can the roadie for blabbing
and (B.) Axl changes his plans.

I hate for this to be true and some jerk has to ruin the surprise beforehand.

another rumor probably will never seen the fucking album

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2006, 11:31:14 PM »

another FACT we'll hear the album
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2006, 11:37:11 PM »

A lesson?? We've had a trillion lessons, and people still haven't learned. I guess they need a trillion more. rofl

Yeah, and when one of these "fake insiders" actually comes through, what then?  Hell, it's already happened before.  This guy may have been legit, we will probably never know.  It's easy to shoot him down and a lot of people did, but did I see one shred of real evidence it was bogus?  No.  It's not like I really believed, but there's always the 1 in 1 million chance that something is real...if you don't have any faith in that then I feel sorry for you, you don't have that open a mind.  I'm not really directing this at you james, but to all fans.

What I can't understand is why Dolphin bothered to follow this poster around at mygnr to find out every little update he gave, and then updated this board, if he never even trusted him in the first place!  confused

Anyways, it's a dead issue now.

a.k.a. KBear
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2006, 12:05:14 AM »

Don't blame Dolphin for someone else's bullshit. She was actually doing everyone a favor. We hear this "inside scoop", so she follows up on it. Not her fault that its a load of crap. You should actually respect those of us with the balls to dig for info, and when its wrong, expose these jokers for what they are. If no one bothered to do that, you would have a million threads at these forums consisting of a million inside scoops.

You're right, once in a blue moon someone is right. But you just cant go blind and believe everything thats said in the off chance they are legit. peace

Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2006, 02:12:56 AM »

You should actually respect those of us with the balls to dig for info, and when its wrong, expose these jokers for what they are.

Maybe I would respect that, but in this case nobody exposed anything.  Doubting someone and proclaiming them a fraud does not qualify as exposing.  It is assuming, though.

You're right, once in a blue moon someone is right. But you just cant go blind and believe everything thats said in the off chance they are legit. peace

Yeah, you don't just believe but you also don't just assume it's a lie.  You have to consider both possibilities, and the majority don't.  How many in this thread allowed for the slim chance that this could've been real?  I could probably count them on one hand.  But that goes for all forums.  Most of these rumours tend to not happen so the safe choice when one pops up is to call it a lie - not much risk that you'll be wrong.  Sorry but that doesn't work for me.

Anyways, I've made my point.  No hard feelings towards anyone I hope. peace
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:14:44 AM by Fusion » Logged

a.k.a. KBear
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2006, 03:30:44 AM »

Well, the reason people tend not to take that stuff seriously is because we've all been down this road millions of times over the years.  The skepticism is so hardened now that like you said, when the blue moon rises and someone is right, they are immediately jumped on by the community. Its a case where a shitload of bad apples spoiled the few good ones.

Even the legit "insiders" like Mysteron expect to get some shit from time to time. Its just how the GNR community is. Especially when its crap like some noob saying "My source says CD is out next month, " My source said CITR is on the 2nd album",etc. It gets old real quick.

So basically, the only people with "contacts" who are taken seriously are mysteron and darknemus. Why? Because things they have said has actually happened. Not to say those two guys are saints, but when they post something, you take it seriously.

EFISH
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2006, 03:42:46 AM »

James...

Everything you've been posting, I've notted my headed man, i totally agree with just about everything you've posted  beer

Talking about Mysteron and Darknemus..
I think I've seen Mysteron on here like once in the past 2 months, but no sign of Darknemus..
He hasn't been on AOL either...
Wonder if anyone knows whats going on with him?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2006, 03:45:36 AM »

I don't believe any of that crap, ESPECIALLY considering where it came from...............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: