Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 165020 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots Fire Scott Weiland

FEBRUARY 27, 2013

Stone Temple Pilots have parted ways with lead singer Scott Weiland. The group announced the decision this morning in a single sentence press release: "Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland." STP reformed in 2008 after a five-year hiatus and toured heavily through last year. It's unclear if they plan on carrying on with a new vocalist.

UPDATE, 2:40 PM EST: Scott Weiland has released the following statement to Rolling Stone through a spokesperson:

I learned of my supposed "termination" from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press.  Not sure how I can be "terminated" from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that?s something for the lawyers to figure out.  In the meantime, I?m looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday.  ? Scott Weiland

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-fire-scott-weiland-20130227

Thanks to DeN
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:20:22 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »

Biggest mistake STP ever made if they do indeed get their way in firing him.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #522 on: March 12, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots have updated their website.

That says it all.

http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #523 on: March 12, 2013, 03:53:39 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots have updated their website.

That says it all.

http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/

Dean and Robert are idiots. How successful was the band they created when they fired him the first time? Yeah that's right nobody ever heard of that band.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #524 on: May 19, 2013, 07:58:25 AM »

http://stonetemplepilots.com/
 Shocked Shocked

the song sounds good but... this is gonna be a hard one to swallow.
not a fan of  linkin park .

i feel bad for scott Embarrassed
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:11:39 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #525 on: May 19, 2013, 10:42:30 AM »

The world has gone crazy.
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »

I like the clip (I'm having a hard time downloading the full song so I reserve the right to change my mind tho).  Beyond the obvious economic perks, I can't for the life of me understand why they would keep the name Stone Temple Pilots.  I would be surprised if Scott didn't end up taking legal action at some point.  Of course, the irony of making my feelings known on a GnR message board about being annoyed re: changing members while maintaining the band name isn't lost on me.   hihi 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2013, 01:40:10 PM »

I can't imagine why Chester would want this gig.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2013, 09:44:05 PM »

This is hilarious.  I really do wonder what goes through the heads of guys like the Deleo brothers and the Skid Row guys.  Those guys were all just backing musicians to very talented frontmen.  How do they not know this?  Isn't there ANYBODY in those circles who says "hey so guys, this is probably a stupid idea."

What a strange move, I mean, yes Chester is a way bigger name than Scott Weiland in the 2000's, but is that all they are basing this off of?  How exactly does he fit this band?

I will give credit to where credit is due, it didn't take them long to get their shit together after getting rid of Scott, more than I can say for VR.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:49:27 PM by Bodhi » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2013, 10:46:21 PM »

saw video of the performance... Chester didn't do a bad job.

what was the circumstance? was it billed as a mystery act and they just came out?

I'm sure the lineup was announced ahead of time just curious how this all came about.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »

This is hilarious.  I really do wonder what goes through the heads of guys like the Deleo brothers and the Skid Row guys.  Those guys were all just backing musicians to very talented frontmen.  How do they not know this?  Isn't there ANYBODY in those circles who says "hey so guys, this is probably a stupid idea."

What a strange move, I mean, yes Chester is a way bigger name than Scott Weiland in the 2000's, but is that all they are basing this off of?  How exactly does he fit this band?

I will give credit to where credit is due, it didn't take them long to get their shit together after getting rid of Scott, more than I can say for VR.

At some point they'll be begging Scott to return. They weren't successful the first time when they tried to continue as a new band without Scott. They won't this time either even with the STP name.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #531 on: May 20, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »

they already played a gig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHiEYrJJlZY

does this guy always use scott weiland dance moves and wear the same clothes as him?

he looks like a tribute singer. Huh

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »

Although I'm never a big fan of replacing the singer in bands, this just goes to show what a pain in the ass Scott must be to go to these measures to replace him. And I don't feel sorry for him. Go read reviews of his recent shows on the Purple to the Core tour. It was advertised originally that he was playing those 2 albums in their entirety (he didn't). And the shows sounded like an absolute mess. He's had a million chances and keeps screwing himself with his diva shit and addictions. He thinks he's some kind of Jim Morrison but has about 10% of the talent.

All that being said, STP will be back playing shows with Scott by next year. Count on it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tippasaurus
Rocker

« Reply #533 on: May 21, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »

It was advertised originally that he was playing those 2 albums in their entirety (he didn't). And the shows sounded like an absolute mess.

Other than, as you mentioned, the lack of playing the two albums in their entirity, the show I went to was fine.  His performance went on without a hitch when I saw him - tho the crowd was a bit impatient (they started to boo) when it took him so long to come back out for the encore. 

-michael
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #534 on: May 21, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »

It was advertised originally that he was playing those 2 albums in their entirety (he didn't). And the shows sounded like an absolute mess.

Other than, as you mentioned, the lack of playing the two albums in their entirity, the show I went to was fine.  His performance went on without a hitch when I saw him - tho the crowd was a bit impatient (they started to boo) when it took him so long to come back out for the encore. 

That's good to hear. I was reading some pretty bad reviews online.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #535 on: May 21, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »

Come on guys, it takes time waiting for that vein to pop  ok
overmatik
« Reply #536 on: May 24, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »

Nothing against them getting another singer, but keeping the name is wrong. Maybe they are using this to get promotion and when the album is out they will change the name? But anyways, Scott had it coming to him by not acting professionaly for some time now.
tippasaurus
Rocker

« Reply #537 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:30 AM »

Weiland's response:

A letter to my fans,

Like everybody else out there, I read about my band, Stone Temple Pilots, and their recent performance this past weekend with a new singer. To tell you the truth, it took me by surprise. And it hurt.

But the band that played last weekend was not Stone Temple Pilots and it was wrong of them to present themselves as that.

First of all they don't have the legal right to call themselves STP because I'm still a member of the band. And more importantly, they don't have the ethical right to call themselves Stone Temple Pilots because it's misleading and dishonest to the millions of fans that have followed us for so many years.

When I tour on my own, it's never as Stone Temple Pilots. It's as Scott Weiland. The fans deserve to know what they're getting.

Like any band that's stood the test of time and made music for more than two decades, STP had a special alchemy - the four of us together were greater than any one of us apart. So if my former bandmates want to tour with a new singer, that's their prerogative.

I don't give a fuck what they call themselves, but it's not Stone Temple Pilots.
And so I say to you, our fans, I'll see you out there on the road this summer where I'm touring as "Scott Weiland" with my band The Wildabouts. But don't give up on STP. I know I haven't.

~ Scott

-michael
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »

The split between the Stone Temple Pilots and former frontman Scott Weiland has escalated into a legal feud. The Associated Press reports that the band filed a lawsuit accusing Weiland of misusing the band's name in to advance his solo work and asked a judge to block him from using the band's name and their songs.

The lawsuit, which was filed on Friday in Los Angeles, claims that Weiland's chronic tardiness and struggles with addiction had hurt the band's earning potential when he was a member. It also claims that Weiland, who was fired from the band in February, has attempted to interfere with airplay of the band's new single: According to the suit, Weiland's lawyer had called the head of programming at LA radio station KROQ and told them that they would be infringing on Weiland's rights if the station played the STP song "Out of Time."

The band claims in the suit that they own the rights to the name Stone Temple Pilots, as well as all the group's songs, copyrights and trademarks, citing agreements made in 1996 and 2010 that no former members can use the Stone Temple Pilots name. STP has asked the judge to stop Weiland from performing STP songs in his solo career, or even calling himself a former member of the band.

At the KROQ Weenie Roast last week, the band made their appearance with a new frontman, Linkin Park's Chester Bennington. In an open letter to fans posted Friday on his website, Weiland wrote about learning of the new configuration. "To tell you the truth, it took me by surprise. And it hurt," he wrote.

"But the band that played last weekend was not Stone Temple Pilots and it was wrong of them to present themselves as that. First of all they don't have the legal right to call themselves STP because I'm still a member of the band. And more importantly, they don't have the ethical right to call themselves Stone Temple Pilots because it's misleading and dishonest to the millions of fans that have followed us for so many years."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-sue-scott-weiland-20130525

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #539 on: May 27, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »

The DeLeo's don't have a leg to stand on here. Weiland is one of the two founding members of the band and wrote their songs.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: