Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:52:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 163553 times)
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #560 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »

Stone Temple Pilots Kick Out Fan From Show For Chanting For Scott Weiland

http://www.alternativenation.net/stone-temple-pilots-kick-out-scott-weiland-fan/  Grin
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #561 on: April 30, 2015, 12:10:10 PM »

They should get used to it.
Bands have the right to continue without integral members, but really shouldn?t be surprised that the majority of people are going to view it as what it is, a sham.
I sympathize with the Deleos for having to deal with Scott?s selfish actions, but at the same time, they essentially have Scott to thank for their careers.
They won. They get to tour under the STP name that Scott helped build. They replaced the focal point of the band with someone of far less talent, who is mimicking Scott?s stage mannerisms, rocking the sunglasses and died purple hair look that Scott was known for when Core broke. Unfortunately he can?t mimic Scott?s voice. By securing and touring under the name STP, they invite the heat they get. I have no sympathy for them in that regard. They are being compensated for it. They are collecting paychecks much larger than what they would receive under a new band name or solo venture. They?ve helped turn STP into a sad joke, so they should collect the checks and accept the fact that people are cringing at what they?ve become.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #562 on: April 30, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »

Yeah well. Here's Scott from a couple of days ago. They've made the right choice.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #563 on: April 30, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »

Yeah well. Here's Scott from a couple of days ago. They've made the right choice.

Not sure if you meant to provide a link, but I'll help you out.

Here's Scott, if not at his worst, gotta be close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HQ_eq6NXFY

As bad as that is, I'd take it over Chester's best, if there is such a thing, 7 days a week!

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #564 on: April 30, 2015, 02:53:18 PM »

Oops. Yes I meant to post a video from that "show".
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #565 on: May 01, 2015, 06:24:35 AM »

Not sure if you meant to provide a link, but I'll help you out.

Here's Scott, if not at his worst, gotta be close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HQ_eq6NXFY

As bad as that is, I'd take it over Chester's best, if there is such a thing, 7 days a week!

I agree, id rather see Scott fuck up than to see Chester trying to mimic Scott. The purple hair is too much. Plus Dean seemed violent on his reactions.
Atleast Scott is being him self. The wildabouts seem to play really well. Castillo is really good.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2015, 09:18:57 AM »

Exactly. For better or worse, there is only one Scott Weiland.
I understand why the Deleos and Kretz would want to carry on w/o him. It's the easy way out.
They are old now, and don?t want to put up with the bullshit Scott put them through for so long.
They want to go out, play the hits and get paid.

But as a fan, I can?t imagine being of the mindset that replacing the voice of the band you grew up listening to with someone else, anyone else, let alone a hack like Chester, sounds like a good idea. I love STP as much as the next guy, but if the only way to keep it going is to replace members you don?t see eye to eye with anymore, I say put it to sleep.

Or don?t. Play the hits, get paid, but you don?t get to have your cake and eat it too. Stop crying.
You got the guy from Linkin Park pretending to be Scott, and don?t even have the decency to warn people anymore that they are getting conned when they buy a ticket.
You?re gonna take heat for that, and rightfully so.

Yea, Castillo is a great addition. Adding him and dropping Doug Green changed everything.
Such a shame about Jeremy Brown. I don?t know where the band goes from here, but from the brief clips I?ve seen, the new guitarist seems to be bringing energy to the live show. Hopefully Scott returns to form.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2015, 03:44:07 PM »

I don't even dislike Chester... but this is silly.

Velvet Revolver without Scott wouldn't be Velvet Revolver either... just start over...

If you have one or more integral members leave...it's simply just not the same band... especially when its the singer.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »

I have no problem with stp going on without scott. I just dont like chester at all. And i dont like the way they fired scott, it was pretty disrespectful towards scott to say that. Since 1994 hes been a pain in the ass, and a bad human being ect ect. And the band is better that ever since 1993 without him.

I dont like what chester brings to the band, and still he brings next to nothing. mostly just is a Scott impersonator.

I mean, Robin Fink didnt try to be Slash he brought his own thing to the table. like every other guy in gnr.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
overmatik
« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2015, 01:40:17 AM »

If you don't like a band then you have no business spending your hard earned money to go see them live. This guy who was removed had no place being there. Hell, I don't like new Guns but I've seen them live and enjoyed for what it was and if I started crying for Slash or Duff than I'd deserve to be kicked out.  yes
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:42:17 AM by overmatik » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #570 on: February 05, 2016, 12:41:28 PM »

I was reading the STP guys are looking for a new singer...

It just seems awful to me... I thought running around with Chester was awful too...

Do something new with a new name... be creative... I don't know... especially with Scott's recent passing... seems shitty to me.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #571 on: February 05, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »

Yeah maybe they are going to try to capitalize on him dying? There's some renewed buzz about the band recently with him passing.

Just do Army of Anyone or whatever it was called.

That was a good album.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #572 on: February 06, 2016, 03:34:35 PM »

I don't know if some artists are just stubborn or truly fail to see reality.  Scott WAS STP.  Period.  You can point to who wrote what or contributed what, but at the end of the day sometimes one man shines brighter than the rest and completely takes over the band.  Scott was that guy.  This situation is very similar to the whole Skid Row debacle.  I don't care if Sebastian Bach didn't write one note on those classic albums, he IS and always will be Skid Row. 

STP need to call it a day and start a new band. 
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #573 on: February 08, 2016, 02:21:00 PM »

I don't know if some artists are just stubborn or truly fail to see reality.  Scott WAS STP.  Period.  You can point to who wrote what or contributed what, but at the end of the day sometimes one man shines brighter than the rest and completely takes over the band.  Scott was that guy.  This situation is very similar to the whole Skid Row debacle.  I don't care if Sebastian Bach didn't write one note on those classic albums, he IS and always will be Skid Row. 

I agree, it's not STP without Scott. But they are telling themselves it can be and using the name to sell it. The problem is that everything they've done without Scott has been a failure. The EP with Chester was wildly unremarkable.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #574 on: February 10, 2016, 09:26:53 AM »

It all boils down to money.

I wouldn?t go so far as to say that Scott alone was STP, as the Deleos and Kretz are unique talents themselves, but I agree that Scott shined the brightest and is irreplaceable.

I don?t doubt working with Weiland took it?s toll on the guys, and I can also see where they wouldn?t want to start over this late in their careers.
They, along with Scott, worked hard to get STP where it is today, and to start over is probably a bit of a daunting task.

But they also must understand it?s not a great look, in the eyes of most of their fan base.
Probably of minor importance to them in the grand scheme of things.

It?s certainly not a unique case.

The Deleos aren?t moving on with STP in the name of musical integrity.
Neither did Axl with GN?R, Cantrell with AIC, Mustaine with Megadeth, etc etc etc.

These are old men at this point, and they had hands in their bands success, and know keeping it?s name alive is far less work, and far more lucrative than starting something new from the ground up.

It?s a shame. I personally would probably be interested in hearing what the Deleos did next if it were a new project, but I have absolutely no interest in hearing a bastardized STP.

I still can?t believe that whole LInkin Park singer fronting STP thing was real life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #575 on: February 12, 2016, 04:52:03 PM »

I wouldn?t go so far as to say that Scott alone was STP, as the Deleos and Kretz are unique talents themselves, but I agree that Scott shined the brightest and is irreplaceable.

I don?t doubt working with Weiland took it?s toll on the guys, and I can also see where they wouldn?t want to start over this late in their careers.
They, along with Scott, worked hard to get STP where it is today, and to start over is probably a bit of a daunting task.

But they also must understand it?s not a great look, in the eyes of most of their fan base.

Neither did Axl with GN?R, Cantrell with AIC, Mustaine with Megadeth, etc etc etc.

These are old men at this point, and they had hands in their bands success, and know keeping it?s name alive is far less work, and far more lucrative than starting something new from the ground up.

It?s a shame. I personally would probably be interested in hearing what the Deleos did next if it were a new project, but I have absolutely no interest in hearing a bastardized STP.

I still can?t believe that whole LInkin Park singer fronting STP thing was real life.

Yeah I agree with you as to the reasons as to why they are going to try to continue to use the STP name.  Also the Linkin Park thing was an abomination.

Their situation is very different than those other examples though. Those guys arent even the same stratosphere as Axl Rose as far as being able to carry the band name.  Also Dave Mustaine never really had a solid lineup.  I know the 90's group lasted the longest, but its always kind of been Dave and fill in the blanks as far as Megadeth is concerned.  The Alice In Chains thing definitely comes the closest to this, but Jerry Cantrell is still a huge attraction for fans to come and see play.

I don't mean this as any disrespect to these guys, but I don't see people banging down the door to see them play.  Honestly, I have listened to STP since 1992, I don't even know all of their names.  I know Dean Deleo? and he has a brother not sure what his name is, and I have no clue about the other guy drummer/bass player?  I purposely didn't scroll up because I believe their names were mentioned earlier in the thread.  Point is, its very rare for me not to know the names of all the players of bands I listen to, if I don't know them I would imagine there are a lot of people who don't.  I usually know all the players and what records they played on .
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:56:30 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #576 on: February 15, 2016, 02:26:07 AM »

FUCK FAKE STP

Scott brought those ungrateful bastards into HIS band in the beginning.

Scott IS STP.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #577 on: February 15, 2016, 11:49:17 AM »

Yeah I agree with you as to the reasons as to why they are going to try to continue to use the STP name.  Also the Linkin Park thing was an abomination.

Their situation is very different than those other examples though. Those guys arent even the same stratosphere as Axl Rose as far as being able to carry the band name.  Also Dave Mustaine never really had a solid lineup.  I know the 90's group lasted the longest, but its always kind of been Dave and fill in the blanks as far as Megadeth is concerned.  The Alice In Chains thing definitely comes the closest to this, but Jerry Cantrell is still a huge attraction for fans to come and see play.

I don't mean this as any disrespect to these guys, but I don't see people banging down the door to see them play.  Honestly, I have listened to STP since 1992, I don't even know all of their names.  I know Dean Deleo? and he has a brother not sure what his name is, and I have no clue about the other guy drummer/bass player?  I purposely didn't scroll up because I believe their names were mentioned earlier in the thread.  Point is, its very rare for me not to know the names of all the players of bands I listen to, if I don't know them I would imagine there are a lot of people who don't.  I usually know all the players and what records they played on .

It?s funny. For the longest time, GN?R and STP were getting the most spins in my rotation, and like you, I can name most players in the bands I?m a fan of.
I still get Robert and Dean Deleo mixed up.

I wouldn?t say they are any less integral to the sound of STP than Axl is/was to GN?R or Mustaine to Megadeth etc though.

They aren?t flashy showman, especially when standing next to Scott, but Robert and Dean are amazing talents in their own right.

STP was one of my favorite live acts, in part because the Deleos and Kretz are so consistently rock solid.

Obviously they are certainly under the radar in comparison to Scott, Dave, Layne, etc but they wrote the majority of STP?s music, and Scott wrote the lyrics.
They were very much a band, all with hands in it?s sound/success.

Don?t get me wrong, I?m not a fan at all of STP trudging on without Scott.
He was the band?s voice, and he is truly irreplaceable.
I think they are setting themselves up to fail moving forward.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: