Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A ratings system to evaluate Chinese Democracy:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A ratings system to evaluate Chinese Democracy:  (Read 19884 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 10:11:36 AM »

how can you judge the potential?!
The potential is 10/10 for every song you stupid fucks!!!

Yeah exactly, every song has a potential of 10/10, its just that most songs never reach above a 3.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 10:12:44 AM »

Roll Eyes

some of you people need jobs, girlfriends/boyfriends, something...this is ridiculous

I have all of those. Do you?
Why is this ridiculous? I find it fun!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 03:54:35 PM »

These songs we have not heard but will likely be on CD,? could have the following potential:

Prostitue? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 10/10
Thyme ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?8/10
The General? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 9/10

are you an idiot?!!!
You are judging the songs by their title?!!
I guess you dont need to hear them at all if you already like them so much.

Idiot!!!!
Did I say that you are an IDIOT!!!

no, you are an idiot pal - read the godammn post again and try and comprehend a little before you act like thi

an btw, dont refer to me that way again - who are you?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 04:00:19 PM »

are you an idiot?!!!

Idiot!!!!

I think that you people have a strong potential to be the dumbest people on earth!!!!

you dont know how much they can change!!!

Go eat some fish, because your IQ is dangerously close to mr Bush!!!
Question to Jarmo and the Mods: Why does this person always get a free pass when constantly insulting people?

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 04:10:01 PM »

Axl really needs to see what he has made some of us do waiting for him to release the fucking Democracy...  Roll Eyes

People are starting to freaking out!  rant
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2006, 04:17:43 PM »

I wanna reply to this thread but i don't even know where to begin.... no

musical tastes are so varied (and biased on this board i might add) that it is impossible to get an accurate overall rating for the live tracks and demos we've heard.

and reviewing tracks that nobody has heard or even know that they even exist is just silly....c'mon now

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2006, 04:38:11 PM »

What neemo said.

And supposing most songs never reach above a 3/its potential, most covers are better than the originals.
heinous
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2006, 05:38:51 PM »

I hesitate to rate anything officialy unreleased, but....

**** Excellent
***? ?Good
**? ? ?Fair
*? ? ? ?Poor

***1/2? ?The Blues, Madagascar, Better
***? ? ? ? Catcher in the Rye, IRS
**1/2? ? ?There Was A Time
**? ? ? ? ? Chinese Democracy, Rhiad & the Bedouins
*? ? ? ? ? ? Oh My God, Silkworms
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »

As has been stated, this is retarded. Music is art, you don't give things scores and then work out the overall "quality" of it based on percentages. We're not robots.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2006, 06:38:51 PM »

As has been stated, this is retarded. Music is art, you don't give things scores and then work out the overall "quality" of it based on percentages. We're not robots.
If its retarded, then why are you posting in the thread? Thats like saying you hate retarded people, but dating a retarded girl. There's several people in this thread who hate it with a passion, but keep on posting in it. If its so fucking bad, go make your own thread.

misterbrownstone
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »

Chinese Democracy (current state) =               7/10 (improved from 2002, but still rather short and boring.)
The Blues (current state) =                               7.5/10 (dropped from the almost perfect RIR 2001 and 2002 performances.  Richard's riff is gone, and it's kinda wimpy)
Catcher in the Rye (current state) =                  8.5/10 (very strong song)
Better (current state) =                                   9/10 (nice rocker, real 'bipolar'.  could be a huge hit)
Madagascar (current state) =                           7/10 (kinda repetitive, but still a solid song.  nice solo by Rich)
IRS (current state) =                                        6.5/10 (boring aside from Bucket's solo)
TWAT (current state) =                                    9/10 (masterpiece, just a couple sound tweakings are needed)
Rhiad (current state) =                                     6.5/10 (lyrics are shite, but the song's a solid rocker.  especially from the 01/01/01 bootleg)
OMG (current state) =                                      4/10 (good lyrics, everything else sucks)
Silkworms (current state) =                              1/10 (shit.)

Chinese Democracy (potential) =                     9/10 (if the weird intro stays, it could be real cool)
The Blues (potential) =                                    11/10 (if it's the old version.)
Catcher in the Rye (potential) =                       10/10 (cleaned up, obviously.  hopefully a rasp in vocals.  KEEP BRIAN MAY!)
Better (potential) =                                          10/10 (the demo rocks alone rocked)
Madagascar (potential) =                                 10/10 (more lyrics, not gonna happen, but it could be real cool.)
IRS (potential) =                                               7/10 (it'll never be outstanding, in my opinion.  just an average rocker.)
TWAT (potential) =                                          10/10 (cleared up w/o drum loops)
Rhiad (potential) =                                           9/10 (new lyrics needed)
OMG (potential) =                                            8/10 (take out ALL industrialness and the disco beat and it could be a solid rocker)
Silkworms (potential) =                                    1/10 (this song is absolutuly horrible.)
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2006, 07:08:33 PM »

If its retarded, then why are you posting in the thread? Thats like saying you hate retarded people, but dating a retarded girl. There's several people in this thread who hate it with a passion, but keep on posting in it. If its so fucking bad, go make your own thread.

Wow, what a stupid analogy.

This is a forum, I'm expressing my opinion, don't have a heart attack about it.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »

no, you are an idiot pal - read the godammn post again and try and comprehend a little before you act like thi

an btw, dont refer to me that way again - who are you?

go join an astrology forum.
after all, you can forsee the quality of a song only by it's title.
especially when you dont even know if a song egsists. beer

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2006, 07:44:58 PM »

I wanna reply to this thread but i don't even know where to begin.... no

musical tastes are so varied (and biased on this board i might add) that it is impossible to get an accurate overall rating for the live tracks and demos we've heard.

and reviewing tracks that nobody has heard or even know that they even exist is just silly....c'mon now

jeez - it was devised as a way in which people who like this kind of thing can partake if they wish

this thread has really highlighted how narrow minded some have become.

In the initial post I made it abundantly clear that it is not science or exact, its opinion based but for those who like crunching numbers/working out averages (and yes, there are people on these boards who like that type of thing/have a statistical bent!!)

its a bit of fun

and for the umpteenth time, I know I havent heard Prostitute etc.. I made it clear again, that it was only a prediction of potential. Have we heard from sources that it is a big gun? yes. has it been talked about as potentially the best song? yes. all speculation? of course. someone made a good point saying that as far as potential goes, as we havent heard them, they should arguably all be 10/10 as far as potential goes. good point - the only decent point made in reference for those who have critisised. The rest  who chose to critisise missed the point entirely.

Im not saying this is the way music should be judged exclusively etc.. not at all. This is just one way of looking at what we have so far - a different perspective, nothing more, nothing less

Now with those parameters specified, it is very clear what this thread was supposed to be.

Not a foolproof estimation of what CD will be like
Not a statement that all music should be rated in this way exclusively

A bit of fun for those who like this kind of thing

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2006, 07:46:18 PM »

heh, many posters are giving you a lot of shit for this thread, eh?  hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2006, 07:47:46 PM »

are you an idiot?!!!

Idiot!!!!

I think that you people have a strong potential to be the dumbest people on earth!!!!

you dont know how much they can change!!!

Go eat some fish, because your IQ is dangerously close to mr Bush!!!
Question to Jarmo and the Mods: Why does this person always get a free pass when constantly insulting people?

Id like to know the answer to that as well

clearly the guy is troubled in a few ways, so I guess that is punishment enough

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »

I bet you used to get beat up in highschool all the time... ok

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2006, 04:14:34 AM »

Lucky... I suggest you shut the fuck up for a while if you wish to stay a member on this board for even a while longer.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2006, 12:22:27 PM »

its a bit of fun

and for the umpteenth time, I know I havent heard Prostitute etc.. I made it clear again, that it was only a prediction of potential. Have we heard from sources that it is a big gun? yes. has it been talked about as potentially the best song? yes. all speculation? of course. someone made a good point saying that as far as potential goes, as we havent heard them, they should arguably all be 10/10 as far as potential goes. good point - the only decent point made in reference for those who have critisised. The rest? who chose to critisise missed the point entirely.

Im not saying this is the way music should be judged exclusively etc.. not at all. This is just one way of looking at what we have so far - a different perspective, nothing more, nothing less

Now with those parameters specified, it is very clear what this thread was supposed to be.

I know it is for fun dude peace and i even started typing out my opinions on the songs then stopped and realized it was futile....

I'm just saying it is really biased around here...everything is getting 8, 9 and 10...IMO Better is the best thing we've heard and it gets and 8 or 9 tops...with everything falling below it...and what are we rating in comparison to? the old stuff....everything musical? if so then the ratings fall further...say we take CD and put it up against WTTJ...I'd give WTTJ about an 8...so by that number, where does CD campare...personally I'd say about a 5 or 6..you said 8...bah no way CD is in the same league @ jungle no as to rating a song a 10....never there is no perfect song everything could be improved in hindsight.

as to the potential of prostitute, of course it's 10 out of 10, we haven't heard it it could be the best song ever....of course it could  be a peice of shit too...like you can't honestly justify rating an unheard song cuz there is nothing to base the rating on Undecided

My post wasn't meant to get your panties in a bunch...i shoulda explained where i was coming from a bit better I'm sorry peace

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2006, 06:43:40 PM »

My post wasn't meant to get your panties in a bunch...i shoulda explained where i was coming from a bit better I'm sorry peace

no offense taken neemo -  hihi beer

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: