Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:03:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron Won't Be On CD!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Won't Be On CD!  (Read 24009 times)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 06:41:26 PM »

Regardless of Buckethead, someone saying they arrived too late to contribute to CD is music  to my ears.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 06:42:53 PM »

With money, you can buy a bunch of "professional musicians" as you buy a bunch of prostitutes...
I just hope this band is way more than "just Business". If not, it would be sad, realy sad. But I believe they are here mostly for the love of music and because they enjoy to play with each other. After all, some of them are in the band for so many years that GNR has become a part of their life.
They have worked hard to be there. It's an achievement.?Plus, they are friends. I believe it's sincere. You can't lie to yourself and lie to the fans for over a decade. It's impossible.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 06:51:45 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 06:46:33 PM »

With money, you can buy a bunch of "professional musicians" as you buy a bunch of prostitutes...
I just hope this band is way more than "just Business". If not, it would be sad, realy sad. But I believe they are here mostly for the love of music and because they enjoy to play with each other.

I don't understand your hatred of all that is Buckethead. The quirky bits and bridges make it all the better if you ask me, kind of a jazz feel to it. This is the sort of thing that will make CD really stand out, make you want to listen to it again and again, like Pittman's sound effects

Here today...ready to rock
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »

"business" is apparently more important than anything nowadays...

Business is a HUGE factor in the "GNR camp" and has been for a long time now.

No its not, if it was, they wouldn't have spent 13 million on the album, or paid for equipment they never used, or just generally being so careless with money. Plus, they would have released the album years ago.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 06:48:48 PM »

I believe it's sincere. You can't lie to yourself and lie to the fans for over a decade. It's impossible.

Sure you can. Some would point out Kiss as an example of lying to yoursef and your fans for the past 25 years...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »

No its not, if it was, they wouldn't have spent 13 million on the album, or paid for equipment they never used, or just generally being so careless with money. Plus, they would have released the album years ago.

Just because you think these were examples of bad moves dosn't mean it's not business.

Bad business is business too.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
quadlaser
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 09:05:38 PM »

remember kids, 4tus said that ron would be on CD ok
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 09:07:28 PM »

remember kids, 4tus said that ron would be on CD ok

maybe the second album, but ron said that he wont be on this album

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 09:11:50 PM »

Thank God, Bucketheads parts need to stay...............he was with the band during the whole time all the demos were being made, so he deserves to be on that album.

If Axl chooses to do another album I'd have no problem with Ron contributing musically though, he's a cool and talented guy.

Multiple versions of the songs were recorded. I wouldnt' be surprised if pre-Bucket pieces  are brought back and  re-inserted. I think Bucket's appearence on the album will be limited.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:13:59 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »

I just hope this band is way more than "just Business". If not, it would be sad, realy sad. But I believe they are here mostly for the love of music and because they enjoy to play with each other.

I don't understand your hatred of all that is Buckethead. The quirky bits and bridges make it all the better if you ask me, kind of a jazz feel to it. This is the sort of thing that will make CD really stand out, make you want to listen to it again and again, like Pittman's sound effects

agree 110%

johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 10:37:08 PM »

have you heard rons new part on IRS in the manchester vid....after the finger-tapping...he hits some crazy shit i've never heard before...it totally takes the song to the next level...i want that on cd soooooooo bad
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 07:45:54 AM »

hopefully Buckethead 's parts were re-recorded .
I don't like the guy and more important i can't relate to his stlye of playing

Ron could have easily reecorded some guitar parts while being on tour in europe and they just need to "puzzle kachussle da fizzle zizzle" the parts into the exicting songs?Huh? a possibility?
We all learned that whatever comes out of the mouth of a GNR member doesn't necessarily need to be the real deal.
Guess we learned that in the pasr  hihi

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 09:10:19 AM »

I've been severly underwhelmed by Ron Thal. Not that he's a bad player, but he's got chops, but I dunno...there just doesn't seem to be much personality in his playing. When you hear the demos and Buckethead takes a solo there is something sort of electric about it. When Ron takes Bucket's parts live they just don't excite me at all.

Not to mention...when did you ever think GnR would have a guy named Ron in it?  hihi Ron is the name of the guy who changed the oil in my car last week. I've never had my car worked on by a guy named Axl (ironically enough).

(PS: that was a joke before anyone gets their panties in a bunch).
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 09:46:04 AM »

Ron has impressed me on the two occasions I have managed to see gnr in the UK and I hope he does remain with the band. I never liked BH so I was not sad to see him go.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 10:13:46 AM »

I've been severly underwhelmed by Ron Thal. Not that he's a bad player, but he's got chops, but I dunno...there just doesn't seem to be much personality in his playing. When you hear the demos and Buckethead takes a solo there is something sort of electric about it. When Ron takes Bucket's parts live they just don't excite me at all.

Not to mention...when did you ever think GnR would have a guy named Ron in it?  hihi Ron is the name of the guy who changed the oil in my car last week. I've never had my car worked on by a guy named Axl (ironically enough).

Its funny how once upon a time GNR was a band where everyone had a gimmicky stage name except the drummer.

Now everyone but the drummer has a normal name (and Axl of course).
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 10:17:31 AM »

totally agree!

ron should play on the album, but I understand that that will be difficult since he joined so late on. I don't whant bh on the cd cause he's not fucking gnr!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 10:28:57 AM »

I think BBF seems like a really nice guy....but... what if Izzy were to re-join, BBF goes and Richard gets bumped up to joint lead?! Unlikely, but interesting...

WTF????izzy no no silly!!

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 10:36:21 AM »

According to Axl, Buckethea'd really just wanted to secure his own record deal w/ Sanctuary.  I read that as he used Axl and GNR.  Therefore I don't care to ever see nor hear Bucket again.  Behind that mask was a very selfish man.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 10:37:19 AM »

Ron will leave the band after the Chinses democracy tour.
He is just here to play the Buckethead's parts on the tour.

sad but true.
If only Ron could play Buckets parts!!!

Well, considering that Shawn Lane is dead, there probably aren't many people who could approximate Buckethead's techniques more closely than Ron Thal. He has the crazy picking chops, and the 8 fingered tapping licks. Some people act like Ron is some new guy to the biz, but guitar players have been talking about him for years because he's a technical freak of nature. Nobody in the guitar player forums I frequent could believe that Axl got him to be in the band.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2006, 10:50:46 AM »

Not to mention...when did you ever think GnR would have a guy named Ron in it?? hihi Ron is the name of the guy who changed the oil in my car last week. I've never had my car worked on by a guy named Axl (ironically enough).

there's no Ron Thal in the album,but Bumblefoot.I don't see Saul Hudson in any GNR album's.
sometimes your nickname become more popular than your real name.except for the Steven 'popcorn' Adler.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: