Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron Won't Be On CD!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Won't Be On CD!  (Read 24007 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 10:52:49 AM »

I prefer to wait 6 more month with Ron on CD or Richard re-recording the BH parts than hearing Buckethead on Chinese Democracy. Buckethead doesn't deserve the glory to be on this record. Neither the glory, nor the royalties.?He left the band = he must be left from the record as well.
That would be 100% logical.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:34:34 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 12:26:19 PM »

Having Ron re-record Bucketheads parts is such a little bitch move it disrespects all of us. If Buckethead created something that helped make this album rise where few have...and made his mark in the creation of these pieces, then his work needs to stay. Having Ron try to copy Bucket and re-record is no better then the new band playing the old bands work. Its just never going to be as cool then them performing there own music that they created as a band.

Buckethead better not be recorded over from BBF. No disrespect to him.

I just want something clarified. Who does the big final solo in TWAT?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 12:27:01 PM »

there's no Ron Thal in the album,but Bumblefoot.I don't see Saul Hudson in any GNR album's.
sometimes your nickname become more popular than your real name.except for the Steven 'popcorn' Adler.

You should probably re-read my post a bit closer.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »

I prefer to wait 6 more month with Ron on CD or Richard re-recording the BH parts than hearing Buckethead on Chinese Democracy. Buckethead doesn't deserve the glory to be on this record. Neither the glory, nor the royalties. He left the band = he must be left from the record as well.
That would be 100% logical.

Why? He still contributed to the process. I would say that the band also doesn't deserve to be out for the second time in 4 years playing the same 20 year old material they didn't write while what is supposedly the greatest album in rock history (that they did write) sits in a studio somewhere waiting to be finished. I don't blame Buckethead one bit for saying 'fuck all this waiting around, see you guys later'. He probably contributed some really great, groundbreaking playing to that album, and who wouldn't be a little discouraged by putting hard work into something that sat on a shelf for years and years?

But what the fuck do I know. According to the word of Axl Buckethead = bad man who leave group high and dry. And anything out of Axl's mouth is the fucking gospel around here, and everyone else is just out to screw him. Two sides to every story people...

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 12:54:06 PM »

What amazes me are the douche fans who are ok with settling for second best. GNR has always been about the musicianship. That is what rose GNR beyond the glam crap scene. They were some of the most talented motherfuckers musically. Slash was second to no man. Slash gone

Did Axl dare replace Slash with just anyone? Fuck no! He sought out Buckethead for obvious fucking reasons. He saw the mans gifts. Anyone with a fucking clue understood what Axl did. Replacing Slash with the Bucket was a smart man decision. I shudder to think what would have happened if Axl introduced to the music fans and critics of the world had Ron been the man. Ron is alright. In fact he is a damn good player. But he isn't the top of his class. One on one he would be humilated if facing off against Buckethead.

Buckethead gave musical credibility to GNR that Ron could never do. There are a lot of great guitarists. But Ron is not a guitar god. Buckethead is in the top of his field. He plays anything Slash could...emoting just as much emotion....and he makes it look really easy. This was posted in the GNR on youtube. Close you fucking eyes if that helps. Does Ron... or any other great guitarist really have a chance at the title.

Buckethead - Nottingham Lace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw

Buckethead is at the level of a Satriani talent wise. Please, feel free to argue. But recognize the talent first.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »

I've been severly underwhelmed by Ron Thal. Not that he's a bad player, but he's got chops, but I dunno...there just doesn't seem to be much personality in his playing. When you hear the demos and Buckethead takes a solo there is something sort of electric about it. When Ron takes Bucket's parts live they just don't excite me at all.

Not to mention...when did you ever think GnR would have a guy named Ron in it?  hihi Ron is the name of the guy who changed the oil in my car last week. I've never had my car worked on by a guy named Axl (ironically enough).

(PS: that was a joke before anyone gets their panties in a bunch).

Its funny how once upon a time GNR was a band where everyone had a gimmicky stage name except the drummer.

Now everyone but the drummer has a normal name (and Axl of course).

and Dizzy...and Bumblefoot Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
greendog
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2006, 02:12:14 PM »

Buckethead doesn't deserve the glory to be on this record. Neither the glory, nor the royalties.?He left the band

I spose that goes for Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt with their royalties?
or doesn't it count with people you like? Roll Eyes
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2006, 02:24:54 PM »

Ron is alright. In fact he is a damn good player. But he isn't the top of his class. One on one he would be humilated if facing off against Buckethead.

Buckethead gave musical credibility to GNR that Ron could never do. There are a lot of great guitarists. But Ron is not a guitar god. Buckethead is in the top of his field. He plays anything Slash could...emoting just as much emotion....and he makes it look really easy. This was posted in the GNR on youtube. Close you fucking eyes if that helps. Does Ron... or any other great guitarist really have a chance at the title.

Buckethead is at the level of a Satriani talent wise. Please, feel free to argue. But recognize the talent first.

First off, Satriani isn't in Buckethead or Thal's class, so let's get that out of the way - take some Van Halen, Billy Gibbons, and Holdsworth and you've got Satriani. Second, if you aren't familiar with Thal's work pre-gnr, I wouldn't recommend speaking too soon about whether or not he can measure up to Bucket - he can. Last, if you aren't a very proficient guitar player(which you may be - I don't know), I doubt you'd be qualified to judge between 2 players of that caliber. I'm a relatively experienced player of 20 years, and I wouldn't give the nod to either of them in a showdown.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2006, 02:50:53 PM »

Thinking about it...I think Vai is vastly better then Satriani....and I think I should have aligned Bucket more with Vai then Satriani. But don't undermine the greatness of Satriani...that dude is a moster on guitar. So you gonna argue about Vai being the topdog? I would easily put Vai ahead of Satriani and personally think Eddie van halen is overrated. Bucket easily kicks Eddie in the balls and thinking about it, is better then Satriani. But nothing I have heard/seen from Ron maeks the pedestal you are putting him one seem justifiable. He is no Bucket and is certaintly no Vai. And in a one on one...I am not convinced he could best Satriani. That is some bold words from you brother. Bucket though I think can actually hang with Vai comfortably.

Vai is the man dude...but I look forward to your response.

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2006, 02:59:01 PM »

Buckethead doesn't deserve the glory to be on this record. Neither the glory, nor the royalties. He left the band

I spose that goes for Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt with their royalties?
or doesn't it count with people you like? Roll Eyes

do they even get anything off the GNR name anymore? SInce axl owns most all of the rights? I'm pretty sure they dont. Anyways yea ron now seems like a gilby type thing and that's not so good. If BH thought it was best for him to leave , that also meant his tracks. But then again this is an izzy/gilby type of thing. Izzy left the band before the tour or at the start of the UYI , BH left before the 06' tour....Gilby did'nt re-record anything , so why are we being so hard on mr.head? rofl
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2006, 03:09:29 PM »

Gilby did record parts for Sympathy For The Devil but Axl didnt want to use his parts, Hence why he left

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2006, 03:17:26 PM »

Gilby did record parts for Sympathy For The Devil but Axl didnt want to use his parts, Hence why he left

I thought he said that at some point the paychecks just stopped coming, and he took it as a hint that he was no longer in the band... Could remember wrong and it was some other member of the band... I'm never good with this type of small info.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2006, 03:18:51 PM »

I thought he said that at some point the paychecks just stopped coming, and he took it as a hint that he was no longer in the band... Could remember wrong and it was some other member of the band... I'm never good with this type of small info.

its one or the other lol

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2006, 03:24:31 PM »

do they even get anything off the GNR name anymore? SInce axl owns most all of the rights? I'm pretty sure they dont.

Of course they do, they still get royalites for any recorded materials put out under the GnR name that they either wrote or performed on. The longer you talk the stupider this conversation gets.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2006, 03:25:11 PM »

Did Axl dare replace Slash with just anyone? Fuck no! He sought out Buckethead for obvious fucking reasons. He saw the mans gifts. Anyone with a fucking clue understood what Axl did. Replacing Slash with the Bucket was a smart man decision.
Unfortunately for Axl and for us, it seems that Slash was replaced by Robin Finck, not by Buckethead.

I'll download it !
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2006, 03:28:29 PM »

First off, Satriani isn't in Buckethead or Thal's class, so let's get that out of the way - take some Van Halen, Billy Gibbons, and Holdsworth and you've got Satriani. Second, if you aren't familiar with Thal's work pre-gnr, I wouldn't recommend speaking too soon about whether or not he can measure up to Bucket - he can. Last, if you aren't a very proficient guitar player(which you may be - I don't know), I doubt you'd be qualified to judge between 2 players of that caliber. I'm a relatively experienced player of 20 years, and I wouldn't give the nod to either of them in a showdown.

As a guitarist of 15 years I can say without a doubt in my mind that Thal is not Buckethead, Satriani or Vai caliber. I hear Buckethead, Satriani or Vai and I can know who is playing. Thal is like Vinnie Moore or Michaelangelo Batio or any other dime a dozen shred guy. Tons of chops, impressive as hell, but they don't have the personality. My opinion totally, but if we're using our experience as guitarists as a qualifier I think I'm just as qualified as you to talk.
Origen
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2006, 03:29:18 PM »

Did Axl dare replace Slash with just anyone? Fuck no! He sought out Buckethead for obvious fucking reasons. He saw the mans gifts. Anyone with a fucking clue understood what Axl did. Replacing Slash with the Bucket was a smart man decision.
Unfortunately for Axl and for us, it seems that Slash was replaced by Robin Finck, not by Buckethead.

Yes it was Finck that replaced Slash NOT Buckethead, Finck joined in 1997 and Buckethead joined in 2000.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2006, 03:34:15 PM »

In my opinion, Buckethead was not a replacement, but an addition. Finck and Fortus bothfilled someone else's shoes, while Buckethead seems, from what little we have heard, to have been hired for the new material more than the old. Just my opinion though.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2006, 03:37:05 PM »

the other day i saw the video for bh's nottingham lace, which was an absolute awesome song, imagine if that was a gnr song, big sur moon was another great song.   I dont really care for BH as a gnr member, and i hope he doesnt come back, but i do hope his parts stay, then after that start with ron on the next cd

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2006, 03:37:28 PM »

In my opinion, Buckethead was not a replacement, but an addition. Finck and Fortus bothfilled someone else's shoes, while Buckethead seems, from what little we have heard, to have been hired for the new material more than the old. Just my opinion though.

yea i agree with that

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: