Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:58:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron Won't Be On CD!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Won't Be On CD!  (Read 24017 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2006, 03:38:10 PM »

okay i got this reply from Ron on myspace:

<< Do you have to re-record the guitar parts on Chinese Democracy or have you already done it?

Haven't done it, probably won't be on the album - joined the band too late Sad

bbf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he just means hes not going to be on the album, this doesn't necessarily mean that hes leaving the band.

Good!

The guys awful. The less of him the better

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2006, 03:40:51 PM »

^^ have you even seen him play or listened to his pre-GNR stuff???

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2006, 03:52:34 PM »

I've heard that "Normal" song by Ron and it fucking sucks ass. I hate Ron Thal's playing and I hope Axl fires his ass. Bucket was the man and they best get him back. I wish somebody would start a petition to fire Ron. I hate Ron's playing so fucking much. He is useless, as he can't even play Buckets parts live. Axl could move Ron to a different role as fan club president. Ron would be a good liason between the band and the fans, since he enjoys answering e-mails so much.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:55:19 PM by Mattattack » Logged
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2006, 03:53:29 PM »

Well, everyone is qualified to talk about it, and we're simply discussing opinions. You don't have to be a kickass guitar player, but it helps. ?ok

Buddha Master, as far as chops go, Buckethead is way ahead of even Vai. Vai is definitely a more technical player than Satriani, but neither of them have the picking or tapping chops of Buckethead, although I'm not positive that he has the same amount of personality in his playing. Off-topic for a sec, on the subject of Van Halen, he may be overrated by today's standards, but he is the one that set the stage for this level of technique in rock guitar playing. I'm sure most players give him credit, even if they aren't fans.

As for whoever was saying that Thal is just like Vinnie Moore or Michael Angelo, first of all those 2 guys are nothing alike. Batio is absurdly fast, and probably in the top 3 for speed and accuracy. Having said that, I don't like the guy's playing much - serious lack of melody. Vinnie Moore is a great player, very Dimeola influenced, and much more fusion-y than Batio. Thal doesn't sound anything like either of them - he definitely has shred-level chops, but doesn't seem to be a neoclassical guy from what I've heard. He has a lot of weird noises and sonic effects up his sleeve - much more than what he has done at the gnr shows. He's actually a quirkier player than Buckethead, in my opinion, who tends to be more of a straight up shredder when he's not playing with Bootsy. He'd be dull if he didn't have all those tone-rows tapping licks, which are admittedly, pretty mind-blowing.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

Aw gee Izzy and matta.  confused Come on, he's not awful at all. Just that BH's shoe is too huge and inimitable to fill for any guitarist.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »

Aw gee Izzy and matta.? confused Come on, he's not awful at all. Just that BH's shoe is too huge and inimitable to fill for any guitarist.

Seriously. Do either of you have an objective basis for your opinions, or are you just stirring things up? If you're not knowledgeable about the subject, I'd suggest not responding to the thread.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2006, 04:09:35 PM »

Where did u think i got those opinions from?

I was just stunned by his abysmal playing when i saw GNR - i'm off to see them in a few days to have another look

The guy butchered the songs and his solos would be effective interrogation techniques

Does the guy understand words like 'melody', 'soulful', 'catchy'?

That bumble bee guitar and his attempt to play it left me wondering just where Axl had found him - and how desperate Axl must have been at that stage

Bring back Buckethead - he didn't understand melody either but atleast he could play the songs!

Still - cresit where credits due, Ron's solo in November Rain wasn't as bad as Finck's.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
greendog
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »

im sorry to disapoint you... but Ron as soul and he cares about his fans.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2006, 04:17:16 PM »

Where did u think i got those opinions from?

I was just stunned by his abysmal playing when i saw GNR - i'm off to see them in a few days to have another look

The guy butchered the songs and his solos would be effective interrogation techniques

That bumble bee guitar and his attempt to play it left me wondering just where Axl had found him - and how desperate Axl must have been at that stage

Bring back Buckethead - he didn't understand melody either but atleast he could play the songs!

Still - cresit where credits due, Ron's solo in November Rain wasn't as bad as Finck's.....

I see - you're one of those. Yeah, Ron Thal can't play Guns songs - because, you know - they're sooo difficult to pull off. They're my favorite band, but it isn't exactly Dream Theatre(I'm happy to say).
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »

I think it would make a great bonus track to have his live "Don't Cry" solo from this tour on Chinese Democracy. ?It would sound great with everyone singing in the background.

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2006, 04:24:31 PM »

I think it would make a great bonus track to have his live "Don't Cry" solo from this tour on Chinese Democracy. ?It would sound great with everyone singing in the background.
Please, no. Let's forget the old songs : this is NewGnr ! ok

I'll download it !
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »

I don't see why some of the people on here say we can't comment on Ron's playing if we don't play guitar. We all have ears or we wouldn't be GnR fans, so I think that qualifies us right there. I've heard and seen both Bucket and Ron in person. Ron just doesn't have the speed, precision, and melody that Bucket has. Ron can't pull off Buckets parts live, which is painfully obvious. Ron lacks charisma. It's obvious to me that a lot of people on here love Ron because he answers their e-mails. I think Axl should make Ron a fan liason between the band and the fans, and hire Bucket back to play the shows. Ron's true talent is answering e-mails and talking to fans, where as Buckets true talent is playing his guitar on stage. ?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 04:32:13 PM by Mattattack » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2006, 04:30:56 PM »

Aw gee Izzy and matta.  confused Come on, he's not awful at all. Just that BH's shoe is too huge and inimitable to fill for any guitarist.

Seriously. Do either of you have an objective basis for your opinions, or are you just stirring things up? If you're not knowledgeable about the subject, I'd suggest not responding to the thread.

Of course I do.
Seriously, a person with an objective view should know music is subjective.
And basically, who are you to tell us not to post our opinions?
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »

I've heard that "Normal" song by Ron and it fucking sucks ass.

Wow, your way of judging an artist is awesome! ?ok Let's make the whole world listen to My World and judge GNR by that song only. ?Cheesy

Axl could move Ron to a different role as fan club president. Ron would be a good liason between the band and the fans, since he enjoys answering e-mails so much.

Great idea... And Fortus would be vice ?Wink

In or out of GNR, that dude kicks ass!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 04:33:28 PM by Mandy. » Logged
greendog
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2006, 04:35:31 PM »

I don't see why some of the people on here say we can't comment on Ron's playing if we don't play guitar... Ron just doesn't have the speed, precision, and melody that Bucket has.

Surely you should know speed isnt everything... feeling, soul, passion, the love of playing for the fans. Yes i know we cant see behind buckets mask... but he had fuck all stage presence.

Ron can't pull off Buckets parts live which is painfully obvious.
... TWAT?

Ron's true talent is answering e-mails and talking to fans, where as Buckets true talent is playing his guitar on stage. ?
Ron is an excellent guitarist, the whole answering emails thing is just an added bonus... he makes the fans feel appreciated, as does Richard.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2006, 04:36:03 PM »

Wow, your way of judging an artist is awesome!  ok Let's make the whole world listen to My World and judge GNR by that song only.  Cheesy

My world is my fav on UYI 2.  smoking

Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »

Richard answers e-mails, but he also rips on guitar, and has a ton of stage presence. I dig the whole band except Bumble.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2006, 04:52:05 PM »

Richard answers e-mails, but he also rips on guitar, and has a ton of stage presence. I dig the whole band except Bumble.

Oh... I thought your issue was with the whole answering emails thing....... I'm guessing you haven't seen the new band live yet and watched one clip from a show only? That's the only reasonable answer. You obviously don't know any of Ron's work in and out of the band.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2006, 04:54:06 PM »

I understand what you're saying but, BH left the band on his own account. I don't think there's anyone who can sub for him better than BF. And I don't want Richard to be like someone else. I'm thankful to BF for that.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2006, 04:55:40 PM »

Oh... I thought your issue was with the whole answering emails thing....... I'm guessing you haven't seen the new band live yet and watched one clip from a show only? That's the only reasonable answer. You obviously don't know any of Ron's work in and out of the band.
I saw the new band opening night at The Hammerstein. I flew all the way from Victoria B.C. to see the band. I also saw the band in 2002 in Tacoma. I think i'm qualified to speak as I was up front at both the Tacoma and Hammerstein shows. Have you seen GnR yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: