Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron Won't Be On CD!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Won't Be On CD!  (Read 24020 times)
Nayl
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »

I've heard that "Normal" song by Ron and it fucking sucks ass. I hate Ron Thal's playing and I hope Axl fires his ass. Bucket was the man and they best get him back. I wish somebody would start a petition to fire Ron. I hate Ron's playing so fucking much. He is useless, as he can't even play Buckets parts live. Axl could move Ron to a different role as fan club president. Ron would be a good liason between the band and the fans, since he enjoys answering e-mails so much.

? Your a idiot ROn kicks ass and GnR don't need a circus  freak like bucket around to sell tickets buckethead is gone thank god and won't be back hopefully ever.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2006, 04:58:28 PM »

You know, these Ron topics are fast becoming dead horse material, why not get back on topic?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2006, 04:58:36 PM »

Richard answers e-mails, but he also rips on guitar, and has a ton of stage presence. I dig the whole band except Bumble.

Oh... I thought your issue was with the whole answering emails thing....... I'm guessing you haven't seen the new band live yet and watched one clip from a show only? That's the only reasonable answer. You obviously don't know any of Ron's work in and out of the band.

Yeah Mattattack.. have you even been to a show? Jezzzz..

gnrevolution.com
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2006, 04:59:53 PM »

Richard answers e-mails, but he also rips on guitar, and has a ton of stage presence. I dig the whole band except Bumble.

Oh... I thought your issue was with the whole answering emails thing....... I'm guessing you haven't seen the new band live yet and watched one clip from a show only? That's the only reasonable answer. You obviously don't know any of Ron's work in and out of the band.
I saw the new band opening night at The Hammerstein. I flew all the way from Victoria B.C. to see the band. I also saw the band in 2002 in Tacoma. I think i'm qualified to speak as I was up front at both the Tacoma and Hammerstein shows. Have you seen GnR yet?

Yes, sir, I have. And I'm also into his solo work, so I am more qualified than you are to speak about Bumblefoot.

You saw his first gig! Or one of them... Whatever, you can't judge him by one of his first shows.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2006, 05:03:20 PM »

I saw the first gig on may 12th. I was right up fron booing when he brought out the foot guitar for his lame ass solo. I've watched tons of clips of his playing from shows since then and he doesn't impress me.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:11:31 PM by Mattattack » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »

Okay, you're not a fan; moving on.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2006, 05:09:11 PM »

Your a idiot ROn kicks ass and GnR don't need a circus  freak like bucket around to sell tickets buckethead is gone thank god and won't be back hopefully ever.
I said music is subjective but have you heard the leeks and still saying these? Or are you just after certain images and not the music?

Who is the idiot when you're waiting for a cd with Bh's contribution?

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2006, 05:10:32 PM »

I saw the first gig on may 12th. I was right up fron booing when he brought out the foot guitar for his lame ass solo. I've watched tons of clips of his playing form shows since then and he doesn't impress me.

Right! That explains everything. You saw his first gig! He was probably nervous as fuck and still he was great... Not many guitarists out there would've done better.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2006, 05:15:31 PM »

Ron wasn't great at the show I went to. His solo spot was god awful, he fucked up the solo on November Rain, and he had zero stage presence. The main thing for me is Ron can't play Buckets parts live. Even though I don't like Rons look, image, lack of charisma, and foot guitar, I would not be complaining if he could at least pull Bucket's parts off live. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2006, 05:24:43 PM »

Mattattack, he hadn't known he was subbing for BH till a week previous to that. 
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2006, 05:29:42 PM »

I understand that. The tours been going for over 3 months at this point and he still can't play Buckets parts live. Bumble is just another Gilby, and is expendable. I don't believe Ron will ever write and record with this band and I think he'll be gone by the end of this tour. I haven't read any reviews of this tour that have mentioned how great Bumble has been. In 2002 there was plenty of reviews praising Bucket. Bumble is a total downgrade and it bums me out that this guy was ever hired to begin with.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2006, 05:33:03 PM »

The question is no to play the Buckethead's parts... Richard can do it easily... the problem is to know when Richard or Robin will re-write completely his awfull shred solos. The one on IRS is terrible. Buckethead completely ruined the song. His solo is too fast. a usually...

Guns N' Roses is about the Rock, the Roll, the Bluesy element and the feeling, it's not about a pointless shredder who looks like an Alien ad play like a robot with a Bucket on his head. THAT is not what Guns N' Roses is about. THAT is what Slipknot is about however...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:36:02 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
greendog
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2006, 05:34:40 PM »

I saw the first gig on may 12th. I was right up fron booing when he brought out the foot guitar for his lame ass solo.
youve just proved your incompetent mind by booing him on his first performance where he learnt EVERYTHING in 2 WEEKS... you dint give the guy a fucking chance......... wheres the logic? oh yeah, there AINT ANY! rant
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2006, 05:35:47 PM »

I was booing when he did his lame ass shredding shit with the foot guitar. I didn't boo him when he was playing the songs.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2006, 05:37:17 PM »

I understand that. The tours been going for over 3 months at this point and he still can't play Buckets parts live. Bumble is just another Gilby, and is expendable.

Didn't you say you only saw them live at Hammerstein? Then you can shut your yap up, because listening to a song recorded from a mobile or whatever is one thing, being there is another.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:45:48 PM by Mandy. » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2006, 05:38:51 PM »

I was booing when he did his lame ass shredding shit with the foot guitar. I didn't boo hime when he was playing the songs.

Oh yeah and didn't Buckethead use to play this same "lame ass shredding" as well huh? he was even worse!
You speack about the shredd that you don't like (I don't like it too), but in the same time you want BH back while this guy was just 200% pure pointless shredding in 2002.... MUCH worthier than Ron Thal (at least sometimes Ron plays some good non shredd solos)... something is illogical with you.
You don't like the shredd but you want BH back. illogical.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:42:09 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
greendog
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2006, 05:40:06 PM »

I was booing when he did his lame ass shredding shit with the foot guitar. I didn't boo him when he was playing the songs.
so youve just contradicted yourself? if you werent booing during the songs, you were obviously enjoying them...  Roll Eyes
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2006, 05:54:10 PM »

i don`t like his shred solos as well and bucket is definitely better on guitar, but booing him at his first show is really, really uncool....  and it`s even more uncool when you booed without giving him a chance....

by the way.... you mentioned that even now ron isn?t able to play bucket`s solos... wasn?t the last show you were at his first one??

The question is no to play the Buckethead's parts... Richard can do it easily... the problem is to know when Richard or Robin will re-write completely his awfull shred solos. The one on IRS is terrible. Buckethead completely ruined the song. His solo is too fast. a usually...

Guns N' Roses is about the Rock, the Roll, the Bluesy element and the feeling, it's not about a pointless shredder who looks like an Alien ad play like a robot with a Bucket on his head. THAT is not what Guns N' Roses is about. THAT is what Slipknot is about however...

you never cease to amaze me dude.......  i remember that you accused dave of being a broken record because he wrote what he thinks of bucket in the ron thread, while you`re the most well known broken record in the entire gnr community.....  what did you do for the last 10 years??  complaining??   axl decided to move in a different musical direction... mainly without slash`s bluesy style.....   i mean... you know that, but you can`t stop posting the same shit over and over anyways....

i respect your opinion, but did it never occur to you that you`re the only one here who doesn`t like bucket?s IRS solo?    i admitt, that i like robin`s two solos more, but bucket kicks ass on that song... while ron isn`t able to duplicate that no

I was booing when he did his lame ass shredding shit with the foot guitar. I didn't boo hime when he was playing the songs.

Oh yeah and didn't Buckethead use to play this same "lame ass shredding" as well huh? he was even worse!
You speack about the shredd that you don't like (I don't like it too), but in the same time you want BH back while this guy was just 200% pure pointless shredding in 2002.... MUCH worthier than Ron Thal (at least sometimes Ron plays some good non shredd solos)... something is illogical with you.

it`s not about the shred in general. it`s about ron`s short shred solos between the songs...

THAT?s pointless shredding....  i saw it at rock am ring..... 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:56:40 PM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2006, 06:10:12 PM »

I'm talking about Ron's shredding during his solo spot. That shit fucking sucks. I quite enjoyed Buckets solo spot and what he added to songs like YCBM and Nightrain. Buckets shredding still fit in with the context of the song and melody of the song. Ron's shredding is just like, look how fast I can play, aren't these some great beeping noises. Ron's playing detracts from the songs, where as Bucket's playing added something unique to the songs.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2006, 06:14:15 PM »

I'm talking about Ron's shredding during his solo spot. That shit fucking sucks.

How many times have you seen him live during the European tour again?

Give it up.  Kiss
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: