Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:24:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron Won't Be On CD!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Won't Be On CD!  (Read 24016 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2006, 06:22:51 PM »

Has anyone heard TWAT from Spain? Bumblefoot nails that solo. Hes only getting better.

People need to complain about something I guess.. from Brain (dude hes in it for the money. I hope Frank stays) to Bumblefoot (he sucks at buckets parts even though I've only heard half of a boot) to "whats going on in the band" (Dude Richard hates Bumble because Axl chose him to be lead instead!)

Whatever.

gnrevolution.com
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »

The question is no to play the Buckethead's parts... Richard can do it easily... the problem is to know when Richard or Robin will re-write completely his awfull shred solos. The one on IRS is terrible. Buckethead completely ruined the song. His solo is too fast. a usually...

Guns N' Roses is about the Rock, the Roll, the Bluesy element and the feeling, it's not about a pointless shredder who looks like an Alien ad play like a robot with a Bucket on his head. THAT is not what Guns N' Roses is about. THAT is what Slipknot is about however...

This is just flat out bullshit. Buckethead if anything elivated every song he touched. He makes the shit interesting and his abilities are right there in your face. Listening to him playing with GNR, and to these Demos and there is guitar work that just flat out shows up everything else I am currently hearing from other bands. Bucket brought much needed credentials to GNR in Slash's absence.

Someone doesnt like his image? Who gives a fuck. Some people thought a tophat wearing guitarist was gimmicky as shit for RNR. Remember Axl's kily, or his catchers protection outfit? Really if anything, Bucket fits perfect with his bizarre style. Having a bizarre style but being the top musician in your field is so ridiculously GNR that Bucket couldnt fit in any better if he tried.

GNR is never, NEVER normal. But they will kick your fucking ass and are second fiddle to no band!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2006, 06:28:12 PM »

The question is no to play the Buckethead's parts... Richard can do it easily... the problem is to know when Richard or Robin will re-write completely his awfull shred solos. The one on IRS is terrible. Buckethead completely ruined the song. His solo is too fast. a usually...

Guns N' Roses is about the Rock, the Roll, the Bluesy element and the feeling, it's not about a pointless shredder who looks like an Alien ad play like a robot with a Bucket on his head. THAT is not what Guns N' Roses is about. THAT is what Slipknot is about however...

This is just flat out bullshit. Buckethead if anything elivated every song he touched. He makes the shit interesting and his abilities are right there in your face. Listening to him playing with GNR, and to these Demos and there is guitar work that just flat out shows up everything else I am currently hearing from other bands. Bucket brought much needed credentials to GNR in Slash's absence.

Someone doesnt like his image? Who gives a fuck. Some people thought a tophat wearing guitarist was gimmicky as shit for RNR. Remember Axl's kily, or his catchers protection outfit? Really if anything, Bucket fits perfect with his bizarre style. Having a bizarre style but being the top musician in your field is so ridiculously GNR that Bucket couldnt fit in any better if he tried.

GNR is never, NEVER normal. But they will kick your fucking ass and are second fiddle to no band!

that is a great fucking post buddha masater..and very true....but IMO it kinda sucks that the band that exists isn't the band that is on the album Sad

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2006, 06:31:28 PM »

Well said WARose.  ok

nes I fed up with all the RnR bullshits. Do your homework. RnR is not about the musts/must nots.
I don't care whatever you want GNR to be about as far as the music kickass.
do you know the fact that many rock critics categorise GNR as a pop metal? Do you really want richard to sub for BH on stage instead of showing his own specialities?

Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2006, 06:45:18 PM »

At the end of the day i'm happy Buckets parts are staying on CD. I'm quite confident that Footie will never record with GnR and will be shown the door at the end of this tour. Once Bucket comes back, I will enjoy hearing you guys say, "Yeah that dork with the Foot Guitar, I never liked him anyway. I was just kissing Axl's ass because whatever Axl says or does is right. Why think for myself, when I can have others tell me what to think.". Time to lock this thread as it's pointless.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:51:17 PM by Mattattack » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2006, 06:52:24 PM »

good post mate

@mattattack: yeah  his solo spots suck, but he`s not that bad on the songs....

his version of don?t cry is cool anyways....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Hanoi_Guy
Headliner

Until The Bitter End..

« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2006, 06:58:48 PM »

Well, just to make it short...

One great guitar player...and one soulful heart!!!!

I saw him twice in Helsinki and I must say...after that, he became my favorite member! I just love the guy  beer

"Aina on ollut kaaos, kun olemme olleet yhdess? m?kill?. Kun tulin, Matti(Nyk?nen) heilui siell? t??ll? ja Merkka(Tapola) ei pysynyt pystyss?. V?lill? Matti oli p??ll??n kukkapuskassa, Hujanen kertoi"
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »

Ron's playing detracts from the songs, where as Bucket's playing added something unique to the songs.

Apart from Don't cry solo, this is exactly what i think about Ron & bucket.
Bucket was a lot more creative on the actual songs & solo compared to Ron...
at least from what i have heard so far...Maybe Ron will impress me in the future...

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:28:34 PM by GNROSAS » Logged
heinous
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2006, 08:13:29 PM »

1. Buckethead is an absolutely incredible guitarist.  Period.  There's a reason why Axl recruited him.  100% for sure his playing will be on Chinese Democracy.

2. Bumblefoot is certainly good enough for the time being, as well as possible work on further records.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2006, 08:21:20 PM »

1. Buckethead is an absolutely incredible guitarist.  Period.  There's a reason why Axl recruited him.  100% for sure his playing will be on Chinese Democracy.

2. Bumblefoot is certainly good enough for the time being, as well as possible work on further records.

Good post heinous. I agree fitfully with this.

I would fully embrace a return of the Bucket but Ron is a damn fine replacement.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2006, 09:44:06 PM »

At the end of the day i'm happy Buckets parts are staying on CD. I'm quite confident that Footie will never record with GnR and will be shown the door at the end of this tour. Once Bucket comes back, I will enjoy hearing you guys say, "Yeah that dork with the Foot Guitar, I never liked him anyway. I was just kissing Axl's ass because whatever Axl says or does is right. Why think for myself, when I can have others tell me what to think.". Time to lock this thread as it's pointless.

get the picture, hes not coming back

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2006, 12:45:24 AM »

You would have said the same damn thing about Izzy before Hammerstein.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2006, 12:52:34 AM »

You would have said the same damn thing about Izzy before Hammerstein.

While I accept BH's return as a possibility, BH likes to make a lot of music. I don't think he'll stay in GN'R that long if he rejoins. He wouldn't be satisified with CD being "it". He'd want to get back in the studio and make another new album, when Axl might not want to for some reason or another.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2006, 01:38:02 AM »

At the end of the day, I just hope Slash is coming back soon. It's such a mess without him.

I'll download it !
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2006, 01:39:55 AM »

At the end of the day, I just hope Slash is coming back soon. It's such a mess without him.

Oh yeah ... things were fine until Slash left.  Roll Eyes
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2006, 04:43:08 AM »

With Buckethead, this band failed. Now he is gone, this band succeeds. Everything is clear like pure water for me.
Buckethead in GN'R was like a virus in a computer. Just something to destroy.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 04:49:34 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2006, 04:45:06 AM »

With Buckethead, this band failed. Now he is gone, this band succeeds. Everything is clear like pure water for me...
Let's see what happens in the US...

I'll download it !
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: