Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket tout prices?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket tout prices?  (Read 1931 times)
Olorin
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »

Right then you fellow minions of the motherfucking musical monstrosity that is the Guns and the fucking Roses!!

I'm drunk and crazy.

I want to book a flight down to London for me and my amigo for either the Saturday night show or the Sunday night show. Sunday most likely, it gives me at least some time to prepare for it.

This is a spur of the moment type of decision and I dont have time to arse about with ebay for tickets.

I was at the Glasgow show and there were plenty of touts outside, do you reckon this is likely to be the same at Wembely?

Do you reckon the London punters can rock as hard as the Glasgow punters? Because I'm taking a freind, who I have been bragging about last friday night to all week.

Not that I'm saying London punters can't rock, its just that they have hardly been deprived of GN'R like us bumpkins up north have, so even thought it might be the last night of the tour, it might be lacking the same intensity because they have had a few shows this year.

But anyway I'm rambling, what I wants to knows from all you gorgeous ladies and handsome chaps is the average price you can expect to pay a tout? (Pricks that they are)

Is it relatively easy to get a taxi to my preferred accommodation after the show?

And... well I dunno what am I missing?

Ticket, accommodation...flight? Whats th nearest airport then? Who fly's there? Do they except roudy Scots?

Please help because I'm a drunken fool. Kiss
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:37:42 PM by Olorin » Logged
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »

You flying from glasgow?

Im from near Edinburgh and I saw gnr at London and Glasgow. I too am tempted to get my ass down to London this weekend!
Olorin
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 02:45:20 PM »

Aye, Glasgow to London baby, I'm thinking Sunday - quit my job, so fuck it ok

I have never even been on a plane so this is going to be Olorins Grand day Out Cheesy
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »

you quit your job to see GnR??? Have you seriously thought this through?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Olorin
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 03:45:32 PM »

I have been having serious issues with my work collegue, I just dont get along with him, he is a bigot, a racist and...well he is a typical narrowminded West of Scotland Arsehole.

He does have some good qualities, but our relationship has got to the point of no return, so fuck it.

I am skilled, I have good college qualifications and I generally get on well with people and I always tend to get jobs, so I'm not worried. The writing has been on the wall for a while.
Thinking of moving back to my old place anyway, my room is still there.

I am not quitting solely to see GN'R Wink

But last week in Glasgow was such a high, incredible buzz- I have always wondered if I have a addictive nature, and I'm wondering again because that was a evening that was just indescribable for me, I am a GN'R loon-ball Lips Sealed

And I wants more, more,more MORE!!!!!! drool
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 04:15:08 PM »

This thread is bringin back memories of Hammersmith... best gig of my life... best day of my life... Sad
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 06:43:50 PM »

Somebody get Olorin some tickets!  He wrote one of the best, and most thorough reviews of the 2006 tour here at HTGTH!!!  Rock on my Scottish friend!!!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 06:47:50 PM »

Somebody help this guy out with tickets. You quit your job to see GnR? You my friend are the heart of Rock N' Roll!!!!!
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 06:50:14 PM »

But last week in Glasgow was such a high, incredible buzz- I have always wondered if I have a addictive nature, and I'm wondering again because that was a evening that was just indescribable for me, I am a GN'R loon-ball Lips Sealed

A week ago tonight was simply incredible. Everything about the band and the crowd was exactly what I'd want from a live gig. So wish I was going to see them in London this weekend. Good luck amigo and I hope you manage to make this trip possible.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 07:38:58 PM »

Right then you fellow minions of the motherfucking musical monstrosity that is the Guns and the fucking Roses!!

I'm drunk and crazy.

I want to book a flight down to London for me and my amigo for either the Saturday night show or the Sunday night show. Sunday most likely, it gives me at least some time to prepare for it.

This is a spur of the moment type of decision and I dont have time to arse about with ebay for tickets.

I was at the Glasgow show and there were plenty of touts outside, do you reckon this is likely to be the same at Wembely?

Do you reckon the London punters can rock as hard as the Glasgow punters? Because I'm taking a freind, who I have been bragging about last friday night to all week.

Not that I'm saying London punters can't rock, its just that they have hardly been deprived of GN'R like us bumpkins up north have, so even thought it might be the last night of the tour, it might be lacking the same intensity because they have had a few shows this year.

But anyway I'm rambling, what I wants to knows from all you gorgeous ladies and handsome chaps is the average price you can expect to pay a tout? (Pricks that they are)

Is it relatively easy to get a taxi to my preferred accommodation after the show?

And... well I dunno what am I missing?

Ticket, accommodation...flight? Whats th nearest airport then? Who fly's there? Do they except roudy Scots?

Please help because I'm a drunken fool. Kiss

A friend of mine from London came up to see them in Newcastle with me and was very surprised at the touts up here charging face value or less for tickets when apparantely, in London they'll often go for ?100+ for a sold out gig.  It was just an off the cuff conversational topic, mind, but there might be some truth in it.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 09:46:14 PM »

I have been having serious issues with my work collegue, I just dont get along with him, he is a bigot, a racist and...well he is a typical narrowminded West of Scotland Arsehole.

He does have some good qualities, but our relationship has got to the point of no return, so fuck it.

I am skilled, I have good college qualifications and I generally get on well with people and I always tend to get jobs, so I'm not worried. The writing has been on the wall for a while.
Thinking of moving back to my old place anyway, my room is still there.

I am not quitting solely to see GN'R Wink

ok then. Sounds like your in dire need of this show. Good Luck  ok

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Olorin
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 03:03:47 AM »

Cheers guys, having a few problems with regards to flights - seems like there isnt anything suitable available.
I'm going to check again today.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: