Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:01:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Release date - was there the same kind of hype in 02?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Release date - was there the same kind of hype in 02?  (Read 4273 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 06:24:54 AM »

Also I what I was trying to get at here was that there can be a whole of buzz, heaps of talk and people digging the vibe - but that dont mean any music is coming soon.
Of course not. There are no guarantees concerning CD. There's no guarantee of it coming out this year or next year. In fact, I dont see any signs pointing to it being released this year. Axl made one comment on a radio show months ago? Big deal. Look at this quote from 2002:

"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?Okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff of the previous list,? but it?s time to stop that now and wrap up the baby.  It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things.  We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record.  What the sequence of the songs is.  The album cover art is ready.? ? Axl Rose (August, 2002)

Axl gave even better descriptions of what the status was then. We hear one vague comment about fall in 2006 and everyone thinks its time. Well, it was time then as well.

Yeah, fucking right. People talk about the 02 tour in hindsight like it was a doomed creature and the band wasnt functioning etc, wasnt the right time. But, Ive listened to the boots and the sound was killer. Axl sounded pretty happy in most of them too. I think people look back at things in a funny way if they are able to conclude that now is so much better than 02.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 06:40:09 AM »

to be honest i think there was more hype and rumour last time.

Agreed. There was definitely more hype back in 2002. This band was still a new thing, there was a lot of curiosity.
It seems that the"newgnr" concept has worn off.

I'll download it !
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 06:42:34 AM »

axl may realise theres less hypw this time after not dropping the album in 02, therfore i think he knows that the time is SOON, shit its that word again  hihi
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: