Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:42:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Some people here want Finck to leave?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some people here want Finck to leave?  (Read 24185 times)
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2006, 04:54:41 AM »

Old stuff - Robin not up to it technically, there is no question here

New stuff - very different and like his style, looking forward to concerts now, mainly made up of new songs and less old stuff.

Finck to stay
Shirell
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2006, 05:27:31 AM »

I love Robin Finck!  I think he's an amazing guitarist, he should stay without a doubt.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2006, 05:38:40 AM »

Am I the only one that hopes this current line-up stays the same for many years??

No, there's me too ok And a whole lot of others yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2006, 05:45:40 AM »

Robin should stay, and he almost definitely will. Being a guitarist in GNR is a good paying job, and you don't have to tour much for it.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Spiochu
Opening Act

...don't you forget to put roses on my grave...

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2006, 05:55:42 AM »

Finck is definitely the worst guitarist that GN'R ever had. But maybe Paul Huge was worse...

This is not just an empty opinion. Judging the guitar skills whitout any example would be sick so everyone who thinks Finck is great at guitar should listen to:

- The second solo in It's So Easy, one with Buckethead from for exaple Boston 2002 and the new one by mr Finck from one of the 2006 shows.
- My Michelle solo by Buchethead (2002) and by Robin (2006)
- NR solo by Robin in 2002 and Richard in 2006

...or just ask some guitarist who is not listeing to GN'R to judge. I can't believe someone can say Finck is great.

BUT...
Robin is in the band from 1997 so he and Tommy are the most music influent mebmers of GN'R. I don't want him to leave. I tolerate him and maybe someday he will show us his writing talents... on ChD of coruse... Smiley
sea of black
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2006, 06:01:45 AM »

I don't think anyone really understand what his place in GNR is. He is simply a role member. If he left, GNR would be done, as people have mentioned before.

Some people don't like his work on the old songs. You have to think that Slash and Robin are two completely different guitarists. Their styles don't fit. Yes, I agree that he does mess up the old songs a bit, and that Richard should take those lead parts, he'd restore them to glory, but Finck is just too good of a guitarist to just fire. His new work on Democracy would be almost impossible to recreate for ANY guitarist. THis is why Axl got Finck, because his guitar work is just so original and complex.

Why even start a threat like this, you're just asking for trouble. All you people want to do is annoy each other, by saying such and such a member should go or stay...god, this is such a dull subject, just let it rest. The band is the who the band is, it's not up to us, it's up to Axl and the band...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2006, 07:13:39 AM »

Finck is the heart of guns n roses, a great guitar player, and the only one who can put on a show to make you look away from Axl. he's the best. i love him, if he leaves, i'll go pay attention to what he's doin instead of what Gnr is doing. and if he leaves fortus may leave as well, cuz the guys are like brothers.

but i also think that only someone that knows shit about music and performance would want finck out.

the guy is responsible for Better, IRS the Blues and go knows what else! some of you gotta be retarted seriously...finck out? never! Finck rocks my sox!

Chinese Democracy!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2006, 07:17:39 AM »

I really like Robin, I think he's a great guitar player. There are some things he does well, and others, well he doesn't. But he's been through it all with Axl since '97, so IMO, he's a main part of GnR!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2006, 08:26:01 AM »

Before this tour, I didn't like Robin at all. He totally sucked on SCOM and I found his sound very anti-Gn'R, but now he does much better job and I love his work on the new songs. Still, Fortus is better ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
SLCPUNK
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2006, 09:09:36 AM »

Finck has become a staple in this band..........
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2006, 10:08:53 AM »

Yeah, Finck is so unreplaceable he is only the 3rd best guitarist (out of 3) in his own band.

The demo of TWAT with Bucket and without is proof positive that Robin Finck is not skilled enough a guitar player to truly be a lead guitarist for GNR. He is too limited. He is not capable of writing an outro like Bucket did, and without it the song is average. Same goes for IRS, without Bucket the song is average.

The argument for Finck on this board revolves around "he wrote Better". Izzy was a good writer in the studio too, didn't mean they stripped Slash of his lead guitar duties. Finck should be nothing more than a rythm player who should be seen and not heard.

No you are retarted. Finck is the best stage guitarist ive ever seen. Who knows if the 99 DEMOS are even finished, you dont know if Finck cant write a goddamn outro. Bucket made the band better. But without Robin half of GNRs energy is gone.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »

Finck is the best stage guitarist ive ever seen.

If that is the case I suggest you get out and see some more concerts then, because you are living a very, very sheltered sheltered existance.
Pallaris
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2006, 11:55:26 AM »

Fink is great. The dude has soul.

What i'd be interested in hearing is Rons contribution to the album (if any). Just not sure he adds anything to the live set.  Not over buckethead anyway. Can tell he's top class though and may be given the opportunity to shine working on new material.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »

Are we still on about this?  The guy has been as loyal to Axl and his vision as anyone else...He is the soul of this band.
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2006, 02:10:36 PM »

Finck is the heart of guns n roses, a great guitar player, and the only one who can put on a show to make you look away from Axl. he's the best. i love him, if he leaves, i'll go pay attention to what he's doin instead of what Gnr is doing. and if he leaves fortus may leave as well, cuz the guys are like brothers.

but i also think that only someone that knows shit about music and performance would want finck out.

the guy is responsible for Better, IRS the Blues and go knows what else! some of you gotta be retarted seriously...finck out? never! Finck rocks my sox!

I hate comments like this.  The only heart in GNR is Axl.  If ANYBODY else leaves and is replaced, he would get sack ridden like no other on this board.   This band goes as Axl goes.  If Robin left, you really think the band would disband? Or Axl would say fuck it? haha..

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2006, 02:20:37 PM »

I hate comments like this.  The only heart in GNR is Axl.  If ANYBODY else leaves and is replaced, he would get sack ridden like no other on this board.   This band goes as Axl goes.  If Robin left, you really think the band would disband? Or Axl would say fuck it? haha..

believe what you want dude....   

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2006, 02:20:49 PM »

I hate comments like this.? The only heart in GNR is Axl.? If ANYBODY else leaves and is replaced, he would get sack ridden like no other on this board.? ?This band goes as Axl goes.? If Robin left, you really think the band would disband? Or Axl would say fuck it? haha..

yep cos he would have to start all over again !! Roll Eyes

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2006, 02:29:52 PM »

Why do people keep saying Robyn fucks up Slash's solos?? He doesnt fuck them up he just plays them differently, with his own style.

If he wanted to play note for note he could, but that would be lame.

Very well said!  ok
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: