Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:05:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Some people here want Finck to leave?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some people here want Finck to leave?  (Read 24202 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 02:15:37 PM »

I don't care if Finck leaves.

I'll download it !
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »

His new work on Democracy would be almost impossible to recreate for ANY guitarist. THis is why Axl got Finck, because his guitar work is just so original and complex.

How do you know or are you just going by the demos?

Tell me, do you play guitar fluently? You should be able to tell just what I'm talking about. His solos on the demos and live are so complex it's just ridiculous. They are so well thought-out and very strongly composed. I don't think anyone could recreate his work on the album OR the demos. Well, maybe the demos. Smiley

I don't play the guitar...I just don't know how you can judge his work by the demo's. Weren't some of the solo's Bucketheads?

I'm a big fan of Robin Finck, I'm sure whatever comes out whenever will be awesome!  Cool

Here today...ready to rock
EFISH
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 02:20:52 PM »

Finck is amazing. His solo's in the new songs are fucking unbelivable. I've heard some boots where he really fucks up on the new songs, and then some boots where he fucking OWNS them. When they start getting a CD-dominated setlist, he's gonna tear shit up. I can't wait for the public to see this band. CD is going to change everything for these guys. Buckethead, and Richard so damn good too. Man, if Bucket came back... this would be the best line-up EVER.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 02:23:01 PM »

Finck is amazing. His solo's in the new songs are fucking unbelivable. I've heard some boots where he really fucks up on the new songs, and then some boots where he fucking OWNS them. When they start getting a CD-dominated setlist, he's gonna tear shit up. I can't wait for the public to see this band. CD is going to change everything for these guys. Buckethead, and Richard so damn good too. Man, if Bucket came back... this would be the best line-up EVER.

I hear that Efish! I hear that! Bucket would be great, not that BBF isn't bad, but I think Bucket is a lot better.
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 02:25:56 PM »

Yeah, Finck is so unreplaceable he is only the 3rd best guitarist (out of 3) in his own band.
He is the 3rd best lead guitarrist of his own band but by far the most emotional  Wink His work as composer in Gn?R is unique and irreplaceable and his solos on The blues and Better are passioned and amazing. Robin rules  Smiley

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 02:28:22 PM »

Man, if Bucket came back... this would be the best line-up EVER.

I am sure about 99.9% of the GNR fan base would take Izzy/Slash duo over those 3 any day of the week and twice on Sundays if given a choice. One only needs to look at their back catalog to see why.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 02:29:27 PM »

Axl is the only person who is irreplaceable.  The current line up is very talented and they sound great, but its not like there aren't other talented musicians who couldn't come into this thing and tear it up.  yeah, there is something to be said for chemistry, but if Robin or Tommy or Brain left, GNR would just evolve and survive. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »

Are these dumbass threads ever going to end??? This band is playing some kick ass music and are sounding amazing, why on earth would you want to go through another guitarist left, time to delay Chinese Democracy 2 more years.  Robin is amazing, and in his own unique way brings another element to this lineup. So if you dont like him fine, then sit on the left side of the stage so you dont have to watch him.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 02:36:22 PM »

Axl is the only person who is irreplaceable.?
Oh well, he was replaced yesterday...
That proved that it is not impossible to replace Axl.

I'll download it !
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 02:38:48 PM »

Yeah, Finck is so unreplaceable he is only the 3rd best guitarist (out of 3) in his own band.

The demo of TWAT with Bucket and without is proof positive that Robin Finck is not skilled enough a guitar player to truly be a lead guitarist for GNR. He is too limited. He is not capable of writing an outro like Bucket did, and without it the song is average. Same goes for IRS, without Bucket the song is average.

The argument for Finck on this board revolves around "he wrote Better". Izzy was a good writer in the studio too, didn't mean they stripped Slash of his lead guitar duties. Finck should be nothing more than a rythm player who should be seen and not heard.

Finck owns on twat. And dont go by that first version without BH, that is like going by the acoustiic nov rain, saying slash sucks. BH just added that noodling at the end. Robin plays most of the solo in TWAT

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 02:42:10 PM »

If Bucket comes back this could be one of the greatest bands ever assembled.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 02:43:11 PM »

And dont go by that first version without BH

I go by the version without Bucket because it shows that without a superior guitarist in the band, we would have gotten that first version because Finck is not capable of playing an outro like that. GNR never used to have to bring in a 3rd guitarist to take songs to the next level, because the lead guitarist of the band was capable of that on his own.
benchiefjr
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »

I don't think anyone really understand what his place in GNR is. He is simply a role member. If he left, GNR would be done, as people have mentioned before.

Some people don't like his work on the old songs. You have to think that Slash and Robin are two completely different guitarists. Their styles don't fit. Yes, I agree that he does mess up the old songs a bit, and that Richard should take those lead parts, he'd restore them to glory, but Finck is just too good of a guitarist to just fire. His new work on Democracy would be almost impossible to recreate for ANY guitarist. THis is why Axl got Finck, because his guitar work is just so original and complex.
I agree completely with you.  Finck is awesome, the last solo on Better is just so amazing and fits with the song perfectly.  Kind of like Slash did in the past, even though they're completely different guitarists.

OFF TOPIC : Please check your PMs Mobenrad.
makane
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 02:51:16 PM »

Robin should just return to hes old position; Being Trent's bitch ( ?Wink ). Robins a great studio musician, but not too good on live atmosphere...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
yorch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2006, 02:55:40 PM »

i know finck is important to axl, so he won't leave. that said it doesn't matter if you like it or not but:

*finck is not a great player, he is good, but not great. fortus and thal are much better than him
*his live solos are crap, they have no soul nor melody nor...anything
*i really wanted to see them playing twat live because i love its guitars, i was lucky enough to see them play it and i was disapointed with the bad job he made

well i could say a lot of things but it all resumes to this: he should not leave but he is not good enough to be the lead guitar player, he deserves to be in the band but fortus and thal should lead, that's all.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 02:57:18 PM »

And dont go by that first version without BH

I go by the version without Bucket because it shows that without a superior guitarist in the band, we would have gotten that first version because Finck is not capable of playing an outro like that. GNR never used to have to bring in a 3rd guitarist to take songs to the next level, because the lead guitarist of the band was capable of that on his own.

The short version of TWAT has robin doing the outro you know that right

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 02:59:22 PM »

Bucket's outro ( TWAT long version) starts with the wah wah at 4:22 and carries the song out. Finck couldn't play that in a million years. His solo is nice but not close to as epic as Bucket's.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 03:01:09 PM by madagas » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2006, 03:02:44 PM »

Bucket's outro (long version) starts with the wah wah at 4:22 and carries the song out. Finck couldn't play that in a million years. His solo is nice but not close to as epic as Bucket's.

Just listen to IRS without the vocals, finck is all over that and he amazing. You can even hear fincks underlying guitar on the TWAT version with no vocals, its amazing

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2006, 03:02:49 PM »

The short version of TWAT has robin doing the outro you know that right

Yeah, and the short version doesn't hold a candle to the longer one with Bucket. You know that as well as anyone on this board. Finck's guitar playing is too limited to take the song to that level.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2006, 03:04:18 PM »

why cant we just keep the band the way it is???
 im sick of hearing people say "oh 'someone' has to go"
try and remember its not up to you

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: