Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Some people here want Finck to leave?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some people here want Finck to leave?  (Read 24143 times)
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« on: July 31, 2006, 01:39:59 PM »

I don't think anyone really understand what his place in GNR is. He is simply a role member. If he left, GNR would be done, as people have mentioned before.

Some people don't like his work on the old songs. You have to think that Slash and Robin are two completely different guitarists. Their styles don't fit. Yes, I agree that he does mess up the old songs a bit, and that Richard should take those lead parts, he'd restore them to glory, but Finck is just too good of a guitarist to just fire. His new work on Democracy would be almost impossible to recreate for ANY guitarist. THis is why Axl got Finck, because his guitar work is just so original and complex.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:41:50 PM »

Finck is cool. His solo on Better is one of the highlights of the new Gn'R. The Blues being another  beer

Slash is cool too  Grin

GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »

4 years ago i would have agreed that he messes up old songs. But after seeing him play this year id say hes improved majorly.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 01:44:09 PM »

If he left it wouldn't be the end of gnr you dumbass. Axl said that Paul Tobias was the reason GNR still exist, and where is he now? And yes richard is a far better player than Robin.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 01:44:18 PM »

Im not hating but nothing he has done is impossible to recreate or make better. He has passion for the project and thats always a good thing. He has his points and he has his set backs. The other guitarists can pick him up when he's off.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 01:53:09 PM »

I don't really care and I hope Finck doesn't care... the only argument I hear is that he is not Slash - which he isn't and that that better originals play originals - which can not happen as Slash has left GNR. There is thread on this board bashing his SCOM playing and he nails that solo almost every single time... and add some in!

If Finck leaves maybe it wouldn't be the end of new GNR, but it would make a huge confusion... much more than when Buckethead left.

V
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 01:53:54 PM »

If he left it wouldn't be the end of gnr you dumbass. Axl said that Paul Tobias was the reason GNR still exist, and where is he now? And yes richard is a far better player than Robin.

Yeah, Tobias kept GNR alive because when everyone quit on Axl, he was still there, but for fucks sake, he's not with them anymore, so enough about him.

Finck is now the new backbone of the band, along with Tommy.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »

they all are  ok ... except maybe bbf for now
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 01:56:11 PM »

Im not hating but nothing he has done is impossible to recreate or make better. He has passion for the project and thats always a good thing. He has his points and he has his set backs. The other guitarists can pick him up when he's off.

one thing is to recreate, and invent is something else.

who is a greater genious, Edison who made the 1st lightbulb, or some dickhead that made a bigger lightbulb?!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 01:57:58 PM »

they all are  ok ... except maybe bbf for now

Yeah, that's true peace
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 02:01:21 PM »

Who said anything about Finck leaving? That was never a possibility! ?confused

It's an honour to have him in the band. I love his work in NIN and I love his work in GNR.

Finck rules! ?Cool
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 02:01:32 PM »

His new work on Democracy would be almost impossible to recreate for ANY guitarist. THis is why Axl got Finck, because his guitar work is just so original and complex.

How do you know or are you just going by the demos?

Here today...ready to rock
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »

Robin wrote Better.  Enough said.  And I did always dig his work on tour with NIN even though to my knowledge he never played on any of Trent's records.  His style is complex and emotional.  I've never heard him actually talk.  I don't think he communicates that way.  After all he is "from an undiscovered planet" far far away. 

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 02:09:08 PM »

i think Finck has done a good job with the old songs, if you go to newgnr.com and listen to SCOM from Hammerstein, to me its his best version of it. ?Based off what we heard from Better and TWAT, Im definitely glad he is in the band, he's been part of this line up since 97, so if he goes, GNR is in trouble, i think the main core of this line up is Axl, Tommy, Finck, and Fortus.

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 02:10:26 PM »

Robin wrote Better.? Enough said.? And I did always dig his work on tour with NIN even though to my knowledge he never played on any of Trent's records.? His style is complex and emotional.? I've never heard him actually talk.? I don't think he communicates that way.? After all he is "from an undiscovered planet" far far away.?

He only played on "Further Down the Spiral" - best NIN album IMO.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »

Robin is my alltime favorit guitarplayer! He belongs to GNR ! Thats for fucking sure..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 02:11:59 PM »

His new work on Democracy would be almost impossible to recreate for ANY guitarist. THis is why Axl got Finck, because his guitar work is just so original and complex.

How do you know or are you just going by the demos?

Tell me, do you play guitar fluently? You should be able to tell just what I'm talking about. His solos on the demos and live are so complex it's just ridiculous. They are so well thought-out and very strongly composed. I don't think anyone could recreate his work on the album OR the demos. Well, maybe the demos. Smiley
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »

After all he is "from an undiscovered planet" far far away.?

I bet Finck lost the only copy of "chinese democracy" when he went to that planet for a vacation back in 2001, and theyve been lookin for it ever since.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 02:13:26 PM »

Isn't this dead horse ? No hurt intented peace

I am really happy that Robin Finck is in GN'R. I love the solo he wrote for TWAT and The Blues, and apparently we need to thank him fot bringing Better to the band. I sure hope he will be in for a long time an gets the credit he deserves.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 02:14:14 PM »

Yeah, Finck is so unreplaceable he is only the 3rd best guitarist (out of 3) in his own band.

The demo of TWAT with Bucket and without is proof positive that Robin Finck is not skilled enough a guitar player to truly be a lead guitarist for GNR. He is too limited. He is not capable of writing an outro like Bucket did, and without it the song is average. Same goes for IRS, without Bucket the song is average.

The argument for Finck on this board revolves around "he wrote Better". Izzy was a good writer in the studio too, didn't mean they stripped Slash of his lead guitar duties. Finck should be nothing more than a rythm player who should be seen and not heard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: