Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227807 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Some people here want Finck to leave?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some people here want Finck to leave?  (Read 24149 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2006, 05:53:01 PM »

He's just a sloppy guitarist.  On the old and new songs.   The way Frank has come in and played and the way people finally started to admit that Brain would fuck up during YCBM just shows that 98% of the posters on this board will just sackride whoever is currently in the band.  Only when they are no longer in the band will the admit the truth.  And no I'm not saying Frank replaced Brain.

i seriously missed brain in holland. he kicked fuckin ass at rar ok

Finck is the izzy of this new gnr.

That's a laughable notion at best. Finck can right an ok song, can't solo on the old GnR material to save his life, and aside from the Blues has yet to impress me with his lead playing on the new stuff. I don't know what it is about his solos that irritate me so much. I think it's a combination of his really whacky vibrato and the way he can't ever seem to get through his November Rain solo without completely butchering within an inch of it's life.

it`s an interpretation....  i like finck`s solos on the old song. the november rain and scom ones are great imo.

Slash was far from the best guitar player in the world in 1987

That may be true, but by 1988 SCOM put him on the map from then until eternity. Robin has been in the band 10 years now and can still barely play it, let alone ever create something that has come close to the genius of it.

that`s purely a matter of taste dude ok

Finck stays. He makes this band what it is...not Fortus just because he moves cool or Ron Thal just because he's
a nice guy.

i completely agree with everything you just wrote! aside from axl he`s the most important part of this band.

Robin has gained his right to be an irreplaceable part of this band. He is the one guitarist that stood by Axl and believed in his project and vision for almost a decade now..

He has already left before.

yeah... he wanted to tour with NIN, while axl was doing nothing and came back thereafter.

quote]
Can you honestly tell me that you think Robin had a part in writing TWAT, Catcher in The Rye, Maddy, The Blues (which I read a while bac, like 2002, that Zakk Wylde helped write that song)?

he reportedly wrote the guitar lines of the blues ( the solo for damn sure as well...)

maddy was written by axl, but he wrote better. the guitar lines during the verses in twat are his work, too. i think he wrote IRS as well. and all his great solos on the new songs....  well...  i love them to say the least...

anyways... we don`t exactely know what he wrote, except for his solos and better, but i believe it`s a decent part of the new gnr`s song catalog.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2006, 06:30:17 PM »

To answer original question :

No, i don't want Finck to leave.

Nothing to say
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2006, 06:30:58 PM »

Actually, let me clear this up----

Robin did not write I.R.S., or at least the riff in any way. It was all the work of Paul Tobias. Same with "Oh My God".
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2006, 06:34:52 PM »

Robin did not write I.R.S., or at least the riff in any way. It was all the work of Paul Tobias. Same with "Oh My God".

Really?? Tobias actually did something when he was in the band? I didn't know that!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2006, 06:44:39 PM »

Really?? Tobias actually did something when he was in the band? I didn't know that!

hihi hihi
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2006, 06:47:40 PM »

I don't want Robin to leave..he ruless!  Cool

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2006, 07:40:26 PM »

Robin is the best guitarist in that band.   He's the perfect lead guitarist for GNR.  ok
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2006, 07:45:43 PM »

Not me.  Robin kicks ass! 

beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2006, 08:09:32 PM »

Okay, what the hell, why did I get negative karma for a fucking smiley only post? Pathetic...
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2006, 08:25:39 PM »

You have a source for this?  First I've heard of Paul Huge writing IRS.  Cuz if he did I'll like him a whole lot more...........

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2006, 08:45:48 PM »

Where's Finck gonna go? Start his own band?  rofl

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2006, 09:24:19 PM »

Okay, what the hell, why did I get negative karma for a fucking smiley only post? Pathetic...

You got it, because it's against the rules, and those kind of posts just fucking annoy me.
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2006, 10:14:56 PM »

I'd be lying if I said that I'd rather have Robin than Slash.  It's really no contest.  Slash wins every time.

Having said that, Robin seems to be a pretty good writer.  That's really what is most important.  Good writer = good music.  Accurate playing with poor writing skills = shit songs.  The Blues, first TWAT (not to mention the second, but that was Bucket), and Better solos are great.  He really fucks up some of Slash's classic solos live, but I am much more concerned with the quality of the material on the forthcoming album.  I have reason for optimism on that front and I look forward to hearing more of Robin's stuff.

You gotta take the good with the bad when it comes to Finck, and I think the good might be worth it in the end.

Anyways, it's too late now for a change of this magnitude.  The album is almost out...this band ain't going to change much anytime soon so we best get used to it.  Some members might be expendable, but not one who has contributed as much as Robin.  Guys who's writing contributions are relatively small are the only ones who might leave.

a.k.a. KBear
Chief
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2006, 12:53:06 AM »

I definitely don't want him to leave.  i love Better and the Blues and who knows what other stuff he has written. he was very impressive this tour on guitar, he has improved a lot and is only gonna get better. 

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2006, 03:53:23 AM »

I'd be lying if I said that I'd rather have Robin than Slash.  It's really no contest.  Slash wins every time.

Having said that, Robin seems to be a pretty good writer.  That's really what is most important.  Good writer = good music.  Accurate playing with poor writing skills = shit songs.  The Blues, first TWAT (not to mention the second, but that was Bucket), and Better solos are great.  He really fucks up some of Slash's classic solos live, but I am much more concerned with the quality of the material on the forthcoming album.  I have reason for optimism on that front and I look forward to hearing more of Robin's stuff.

You gotta take the good with the bad when it comes to Finck, and I think the good might be worth it in the end.

Anyways, it's too late now for a change of this magnitude.  The album is almost out...this band ain't going to change much anytime soon so we best get used to it.  Some members might be expendable, but not one who has contributed as much as Robin.  Guys who's writing contributions are relatively small are the only ones who might leave.

This I can agree with.  It may be harsh for me to judge Finck as a whole until CD comes out.  But my opinion won't change that he is a very sloppy live guitarist...

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2006, 04:13:04 AM »

Finck is really cool...I like him but I don't like to compare him to any other guitarist....

And I'd like to see Fortus doing more lead
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2006, 04:18:33 AM »

he and dizzy were the only guys in the studio for a looong time`and wrote lots of music together (oh my god, silkworms...)   that was also when shaq joined them....

but i don`t know about paul writing the IRS main riff... oh my god yeah.... but IRS??   where do you know that from?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2006, 04:20:11 AM »

he and dizzy were the only guys in the studio for a looong time`and wrote lots of music together (oh my god, silkworms...)   that was also when shaq joined them....

but i don`t know about paul writing the IRS main riff... oh my god yeah.... but IRS??   where do you know that from?

I've never seen anything about who wrote the IRS main riff.    But I think Tommy has been there about as long as Robin as.
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2006, 04:35:10 AM »

Why do people keep saying Robyn fucks up Slash's solos?  He doesnt fuck them up he just plays them differently, with his own style.

If he wanted to play note for note he could, but that would be lame.

Not even Slash played note for note. 

Its not a fuck up just because it is not exactly like the rercord. no ok peace
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2006, 04:49:34 AM »

If anyone feels like talking shit about Robin screwing up the good old Solo's that Slash did so well, and don't get me wrong here, I love Slash, but just go compare the solo in My Michelle from Robin during Donnington, to Slash's from Live Era. Slash's appears pretty boring next to Robin's in the song.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: