Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pressure from the band
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pressure from the band  (Read 8597 times)
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »

Did Robin not write most of Better?  I'm sure I read that somewhere on here.  If so, and assuming that all the other musicians have invested some of their own material in the record, surely they must want their work to pay off.

As has been said many times before, this lineup is backs to the wall in terms of popularity - so many people: casual fans, press folk, diehards for the old lineup etc. see this as Axl + hired hands.  That may have been (and I think was) the case in 2002, but now it is a band, and long may that continue.  These guys have worked their arses off for the new album, so I think they have the right to opinions about it - I also think that Axl realises and respects this.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »

maybe in the past...i think everyone is happy now
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 10:14:10 PM »

Everything I've read in this thread (okay, almost everything) seems to be contrary to what we've heard from the band through the years. ?It seems the majority of folks here think it's a dictatorship. ?The band members have had nothing but good shit to say about Axl.

I think I'll go with the band.

Has it occurred to anyone here that they are working towards 3 albums and not just one? ?Has it occurred to some of you folks they won't release 1 until they have 3? ?I don't know. ?I just think it's wrong for some of you people to insult the band by calling them lap-dogs. ?They aren't Axl's slaves. ?This is a band, and if you don't like it... ?

Agree with this.  I think maybe earlier on there may have been some questioning of Axl, and everything. But this current situation I believe was well-spelled out by Axl back in March and everyone involved knows exactly what the plan is........we're just not allowed to know
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 12:50:29 PM »

This is a fucking band!

Sure Axl pulls a lot of strings but there's always a leader!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »

There are definitely 2 ways to look at the situation in gnr right now - the band aspect of it, and the business aspect. On one hand, Axl has committed a lot to this situation, and since everyone considers him a dictator, he has the most at stake if it fails. Also, he owns the rights to the band name. On the other hand, they all have to stand in a room together and play the songs, they are writing together, and considering that most of these guys have, or could have, very satisfying careers outside of gnr, we can logically assume that they are staying for some reason other than the money. I'd be inclined to assume that it's a first among equals situation - Axl wants these people in the band, they want to be there, but when the chips are down, he can put his foot down and they can leave or not. Of course, he doesn't want to do that, because part of the success of this whole gnr resurgence rests on the idea that fans can see the new band as something other than sidemen. It sounds complicated to me.
GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

you are reading this sentence.

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 01:25:15 PM »

There are definitely 2 ways to look at the situation in gnr right now - the band aspect of it, and the business aspect. On one hand, Axl has committed a lot to this situation, and since everyone considers him a dictator, he has the most at stake if it fails. Also, he owns the rights to the band name. On the other hand, they all have to stand in a room together and play the songs, they are writing together, and considering that most of these guys have, or could have, very satisfying careers outside of gnr, we can logically assume that they are staying for some reason other than the money. I'd be inclined to assume that it's a first among equals situation - Axl wants these people in the band, they want to be there, but when the chips are down, he can put his foot down and they can leave or not. Of course, he doesn't want to do that, because part of the success of this whole gnr resurgence rests on the idea that fans can see the new band as something other than sidemen. It sounds complicated to me.

i agree.
the guys in the band wouldn't be part of GnR if it wasn't something they wanted to make a priority in their own individual creative output..

I am not the devil; I only play His music.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 01:40:53 PM »

I agree, and....

How 'bout this for a crazy idea: THE BAND ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY ABOUT THE ALBUM RELEASE SITUATION, AND DON'T GIVE A SHIT HOW QUICKLY IT HAPPENS!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

They are not us - thirsting for new material from GNR - and although they may want us to have the album sooner rather than later, it's release date probably has very little impact on their personal lives.

@#$%Funker
madagas
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 01:52:01 PM »

the release date will have major impact on their financial lives and personal lives...are you kidding? Roll Eyes
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 02:35:51 PM »

the release date will have major impact on their financial lives and personal lives...are you kidding? Roll Eyes

I think that remains to be seen.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »

How nice to see some of the comments here.
Axl4Prez, Do you remember the days when only a few of us debating to death to refute the "this is Axl solo act " theory?  Grin was fun tho.

Everything I've read in this thread (okay, almost everything) seems to be contrary to what we've heard from the band through the years.  It seems the majority of folks here think it's a dictatorship.  The band members have had nothing but good shit to say about Axl.

I think I'll go with the band.

Has it occurred to anyone here that they are working towards 3 albums and not just one?  Has it occurred to some of you folks they won't release 1 until they have 3?  I don't know.  I just think it's wrong for some of you people to insult the band by calling them lap-dogs.  They aren't Axl's slaves.  This is a band, and if you don't like it... 

I agree with that.  I think part of being in the band entails an understanding of "the big picture," what Axl's vision is, etc.   Once you sign up, it's pretty much understood.   Within those parameters, I doubt very much it's anything like a dictatorship.  On stage, they look like a band, sound like a band, and play like a band.  It's far from "Axl + backup musicians" when they hit the stage...

Yep, tommy said the ballzy goals of axl had him decided to be in.
no not visions. He also said axl didn't have any vision (to dictate to other members.) ok

On topic Tommy once said it would be like barking at wrong tree. In other words, he and prolly other members have known why it takes time and such.

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 03:03:36 PM »

I hope they put pressure on him.  It is their band too now.  They deserve to see it come out. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »

I hope they put pressure on him.   

which would be like barking up the wrong tree, according to Tommy.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 03:16:32 PM »

I hope they put pressure on him.? It is their band too now.? They deserve to see it come out.?

just like buckethead did...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 03:22:43 PM »

I hope they put pressure on him.  It is their band too now.  They deserve to see it come out. 

just like buckethead did...

Did he? How?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2006, 03:49:31 PM »

This is a GnR cover band until "Chinese Democracy" comes out. Axl still holds all the cards until the album comes out. When the album comes out, these guys stand to make some serious dough, and gain some serious fame. Once this happens, this could shift the balance of control in the band. These guys may not be so willing to eat the amount of shit they have to eat to keep this band going, and quit on Axl. I stole the part about eating shit from the GnR Behind the Music, but I wouldn't be surprised if this band implodes after the Chinese Democracy tour. I personally hope this band sticks together, minus Bumblefoot, but it wouldn't surprise me if things went tits up.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 03:52:12 PM by Mattattack » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: