Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pressure from the band
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pressure from the band  (Read 8594 times)
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 31, 2006, 07:14:55 PM »

Does anyone think Axl Rose gets confronted by band members urging him to release the album.  Everyone has put so much time, energy and dedication into this record that they must get frustrated because it's not seeing the light of day.  Do any of them challenge Axl Rose on the matter or do they just sit around and wait like everyone else?  At some point, they must get tired of the same old BS, playing the same old songs day in and day out.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 07:18:34 PM »

It's Axl's band. They do what they are told to do. If they don't like it, then they might as well leave and Axl will hire someone else. It's what's been happening for the last 10 years.
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 07:18:48 PM »

i think they just sit down and shut up and do whatever axl tells them and be greatful there in gnr

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 07:19:53 PM »

The general consensus around here will be 'AXL IS GOD HOW DARE ANYONE, EVEN GOD HIMSELF QUESTION WHAT THE ALMIGHTY AXL IS DOING? NO ONE CROSSES THE BOSS!!!!!11oneoneeleven!'

But you gotta think that at some point some of the guys have said 'dude what the fuck put this thing out already'. Or at least over a beer or two discussed it amongst themselves: 'so Robin...you think this think is ever coming out or are we going to be playing It's So Easy and Nighttrain for the rest of our lives?'
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 07:20:35 PM »

i think they just sit down and shut up and do whatever axl tells them and be greatful there in gnr

whatever dude, they're grown adults and they helped write the fucking songs. you people are retarded sometimes.
Bono
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 07:25:12 PM »

If they don't they should. What would Axl do if they all challenged him and said "hey man let's get the fucking album out already, it sounds great the way it is so let's do it"? Through a tantrum and fire them all? I doubt it. And if they all quit it would aonly look bad on Axl cause that would be 7 more musicians who he drove off. ?We all know that Axl calls the shots but if these guys aren't puting any pressure on him than they damn well should be. the more they continue to do what they're doing the more they themselves start become part of this joke. ?Axl has got to be paying these guys shitloads of money becasue that's really the ony reason I can see for these guys not quiting already. To be honest if it was me I would have quit long ago and gone off to do something more constructive and honest. ?This isn't honest because it's all playing off the name Gn'R. ?But whatever, money talks so......
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 07:34:41 PM »

It's Axl's band. They do what they are told to do. If they don't like it, then they might as well leave and Axl will hire someone else. It's what's been happening for the last 10 years.

Oh yea! Great idea, look how good this has worked so far with all the new music and all! WHATEVER!!!!!!
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 07:39:06 PM »

Gee, if someone came to me and said, "Hey, I'm going to PAY you to play Paradise City and a bunch of other great rock songs on a world tour..."

There's a lot of us that use many songs on Appetite for regular warm-ups... they are fun as hell to play and sing.

Out of everyone I've jammed with, and out of everyone i've even just talked to about jamming with, i've never heard anyone say "i'm sick of playing those old GNR songs."

Oh yea! Great idea, look how good this has worked so far with all the new music and all! WHATEVER!!!!!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 07:40:02 PM »

Everything I've read in this thread (okay, almost everything) seems to be contrary to what we've heard from the band through the years. ?It seems the majority of folks here think it's a dictatorship. ?The band members have had nothing but good shit to say about Axl.

I think I'll go with the band.

Has it occurred to anyone here that they are working towards 3 albums and not just one? ?Has it occurred to some of you folks they won't release 1 until they have 3? ?I don't know. ?I just think it's wrong for some of you people to insult the band by calling them lap-dogs. ?They aren't Axl's slaves. ?This is a band, and if you don't like it... ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 09:02:38 PM »

Everything I've read in this thread (okay, almost everything) seems to be contrary to what we've heard from the band through the years.? It seems the majority of folks here think it's a dictatorship.? The band members have had nothing but good shit to say about Axl.

Has it occurred to anyone here that they are working towards 3 albums and not just one?? Has it occurred to some of you folks they won't release 1 until they have 3?? I don't know.? I just think it's wrong for some of you people to insult the band by calling them lap-dogs.? They aren't Axl's slaves.? This is a band, and if you don't like it...?

They are not slaves, nor lap-dogs. They are working, they are getting paid - Axl just happens to be the boss.
Just because you work for someone doesn't make you his lap-dog, slave, whatsoever. And of course they have good shit to say about Axl. Do you truly think they would be playing in his band if they did not like him?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 09:26:05 PM »

do you think they could form a union, and go on strike?

that would be a RNR first:)

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 09:41:12 PM »

do you think they could form a union, and go on strike?

that would be a RNR first:)

A union would never fly. I can't begin to imagine all the legalities involved when it come to thier presence in GNR in the first place.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 09:43:42 PM »

this is something that just popped into my head, it's kind of ridiculous.. but what if it has some truth to it..

what if one of the bandmembers had something to do with the leaks? and in that way induce Axl to speed things up and get the tour and everything else going once and for all?

ok, don't mind me, haha

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 09:51:57 PM »

No.

Guns N' Roses should be a band. THose musicians worked their asses off. GNR is like a new band. They need to prove themselves to the world. This Edition of Guns N' Roses is not popular. They dont need to lick axxls ass because they busted their balls to be in the band. Those 7 musicians (plus Bumble) are all a band. And Richard and tommy and robin and all the other guys are just as much the reason GNr is around as Axl is. The band should have imput on the release and they should be able to talk to Axl about it.

Fuck the band shouldnt shut up. Goddammit!

That was probably very incoherent and i wasnt ranting at you GH its just i hate when people think this should be Axls show only, they are all working their asses off, they just dont get axknowledged like Axl.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 10:33:14 PM »

Everything I've read in this thread (okay, almost everything) seems to be contrary to what we've heard from the band through the years. ?It seems the majority of folks here think it's a dictatorship. ?The band members have had nothing but good shit to say about Axl.

Has it occurred to anyone here that they are working towards 3 albums and not just one? ?Has it occurred to some of you folks they won't release 1 until they have 3? ?I don't know. ?I just think it's wrong for some of you people to insult the band by calling them lap-dogs. ?They aren't Axl's slaves. ?This is a band, and if you don't like it... ?

I agree with that.  I think part of being in the band entails an understanding of "the big picture," what Axl's vision is, etc.   Once you sign up, it's pretty much understood.   Within those parameters, I doubt very much it's anything like a dictatorship.  On stage, they look like a band, sound like a band, and play like a band.  It's far from "Axl + backup musicians" when they hit the stage...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 12:38:14 AM »

as far as the band goes i dont think they are all "yes men".  tommy got into a fight with Axl and he mentioned it at one of the NY shows.  Robin has left the band before but returned. there are probably many other incidents we don't know about...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 03:13:01 AM »

Im amazed people think the band is NOT totally under the thumb of Axl.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 04:12:28 AM »

" they`re very opinionated guys" -axl   

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 04:33:03 AM »

The longer the band stay together the more confidence the band will have questioning Axl... You can't tell me Tommy doesn't give Axl a piece of his mind from time to time?  hihi

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 07:53:44 AM »

I'm amazed that there are people who actually believe that Axl Rose is something above human that has some sort of magical powers that allow him absolute god-like control over his bandmates. Idiots. Every last one of you.

Axl Rose is a human being who sings in a band. That's all. He has no more control over Tommy Stinson or Robin Finck or Richard Fortus or Brain or Ron Thal, etc. than anyone else on this board does. Of course they speak their minds, they helped write the fucking album, Axl himself has said on more than one occassion that Chinese Democracy is a very collaborative album. If Axl really had the mind-controlling super powers some of you whack jobs think he does the original band would still be together and doing everything the way Axl wanted to back when he vibed the rest of his bandmates right out of GnR.

Finck already left once, don't forget. Anyone remember why? Right it was because he got sick of sitting around waiting for his hard work to pay off. Anyone care to venture a guess why Buckethead eventually bailed? I'm willing to bet sitting around waiting for the album to come out played a part.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: