Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 03:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL THREAD- DISCUSS THE 2006 SEASON
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL THREAD- DISCUSS THE 2006 SEASON  (Read 34708 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2006, 11:05:16 AM »

TO tried to commit suicide???

wow that is insane Huh this is from Yahoo! Sports

Police: T.O. tried to kill himself

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
September 27, 2006

DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained Wednesday.

The report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes."'

The Dallas police report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TV. Police scheduled a news conference for later Wednesday morning.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said. The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied.

According to the police report, Dallas Fire and Rescue was called regarding someone "attempting suicide by prescription pain medication." Officers arrived to find Owens being stabilized by ambulance workers, who then took him to Baylor University Medical Center.

Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill -- who mostly deals with troubled players -- said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

He missed most of training camp, and three of four preseason games, because of a hamstring injury. He was late for work during his recovery and was fined for it, but Owens laughed it off, saying he overslept. He said it had happened before, though not with Dallas, and would probably happen again.

Owens broke the bone leading to his right ring finger during a game a week ago Sunday. The next day, doctors screwed in a plate so the bone could heal without fear of further damage. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.

Owens had not practiced since the injury, but because Dallas had a bye this past weekend he did not miss a game. He was expected to practice Wednesday, and Parcells had said there was a chance Owens could play Sunday against Tennessee.

Owens had been especially looking forward to the Cowboys' game after that -- Oct. 8, in Philadelphia, against the team that dumped him midway through last season only months after he helped them nearly win the Super Bowl.

Owens was seen laughing and joking on the practice field Tuesday morning. He chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room in the afternoon and seemed fine. A 2-inch scar on the top of his hand was puffy but not wrapped, and he said the swelling was doing down.

While in the locker room, he took a pill from a white paper bag and looked at another medicine bottle that was in the bag. He also called a business partner about a towel-wrap venture they're starting and joked to TV cameras that he wasn't talking until Wednesday and today was only Tuesday.

"My little boy knows better than that," he said, laughing, as he plopped onto a sofa in the middle of the locker room.

Also Tuesday, Owens was involved in launching a national campaign for the National Alliance to End Abuse, an organization aimed at helping at-risk youngsters. He appeared at a high school Tuesday morning and was scheduled to visit others but had to cancel because of changes in the team's practice schedule.

A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released. Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 11:07:53 AM by Neemo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2006, 12:34:25 PM »

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2006, 04:26:35 PM »

He just wants attention....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2006, 04:37:05 PM »

He just wants attention....
I agree 100%. This guy has always been a major attention whore, and has taken it to a new level the past 4 years. No matter which team he plays for, they cant just have a normal season like other teams. They have to constantly be distracted by his bullshit. Every week its a new thing. Its never about the team. Everything has to revolve around TO.

In my opinion, he's not worth the trouble. Dallas should trade him.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2006, 04:39:36 PM »

Dallas should trade him.

Or set up a road block by his house to prevent the next ambulance from coming in.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2006, 04:58:19 AM »

I started a Pick Em League at another site. Even tough its late this will be the first week of picks for everyone. Anyone interested can join in at:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Choose the existing league option. League ID # is 68156. Password: dsafag       Wink

Picks dont have to be made until 5 minutes before each individual game starts so there is plenty of time to get in and get started for this week.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2006, 02:52:36 AM »

what the hell is confidence pts?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2006, 02:54:47 AM »

what the hell is confidence pts?
hihi I was wondering that same thing myself. I think you give the amount of points as to how confident you are that specific team will win, and if they do, you get that amount of points.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2006, 03:33:41 AM »

I guess everyone is goin ALL IN on Indy hihi hihi

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2006, 03:39:56 AM »

I guess everyone is goin ALL IN on Indy hihi hihi
Actually, I think I put my max amount of points on Chicago. I seriously think they could go unbeaten this year. The Colts will do what they do every year. hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2006, 03:45:39 AM »

Yeah  Tony Dungy is a loser......... He gets close but chokes

Jon Gruden is on the hot seat in tampa so wouldn't it be something if Dungy resigned and Gruden got hired in Indy and he led them to a Super bowl hihi hihi

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2006, 04:01:47 AM »

Yeah  Tony Dungy is a loser......... He gets close but chokes

Jon Gruden is on the hot seat in tampa so wouldn't it be something if Dungy resigned and Gruden got hired in Indy and he led them to a Super bowl hihi hihi

rofl That would be hilarious. I agree with you about Dungy. He just cant take his team to the next level. When the Colts dont get it done this year, the Colts most definitely have to make a change. Their Super Bowl window of opportunity is starting to close.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2006, 10:56:56 AM »

Confidence points:
Depending on how many games are played that week you assign different numbers to how confident you are on that pick. If there are 14 games, the game you are most confident about you assign a 14, next 13 and on until the game you are least certain about gets a 1. Each number can only be assigned once per week.

I left it open where any changes can be made up until 5 minutes before the start of a game.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2006, 07:23:12 AM »

Anyone watch the Bears game? Damn, that was a brutal beating the Bills took. Chicago is the most dangerous team in the league. There isn't a team that could beat them at this point. As long as they don't have any key injuries, they are going 16-0. In all the years of watching football, I dont think I've ever seen a defense that "in your face" all the time. Only defenses on this level are the 85 Bears and 2000 Ravens. These guys may be better.

Anyone else think the Cowboys should think about benching Bledsoe? He just fucks up at crucial moments. Its plagued him throughout his career, but it is definitely even more noticeable now.

The Jets got crucified. Nothing shocking there.

Detroit and Tennessee are in a race for next year's top draft pick. I wish both teams the best of luck.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2006, 09:22:09 AM »

When is Detroit going to get rid of Matt Millen. I would have a better plan for assembilng a team than him. Watch him draft a WR in the 1st round again.  rofl

Defense wins championships idiot. This guy thought he was going to build the 91-95 Cowboys all over again with a 1st Rd QB, WR, & RB.. But he didn't have 48 extra draft picks that Jimmy Johnson had from the Herschel Walker trade. JJ drafted alot of Defense & O-line with those picks.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »

Good points on the Hershel Walker trade. Anyone that thinks that will ever happen again is a lunatic. NO trade even coming close to that level will occur. No team is dumb enough to sign away their franchise for 1 player. Also impossible in this day and age to build a superbowl team quickly by using a draft. Its a combination of things. Millen has none of them. hihi

The Lions have suffered from horrible mismanagement through the life of the franchise. I have watched football since the early 80's, and I can only recall one season when they actually had a playoff run(1992). If there is ever a team that should be renamed, moved, dropped from the league,etc., the Lions would immediately be at the top of that list.

I dont understand this craze of drafting wide receivers in the first round either. Arizona does this alot as well(ironically, their franchise has been just as bad as the Lions). The greatest wide receivers to play the game were drafted in later rounds.

Matt Millen and Dennis Green should make a mental note of that. hihi

smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2006, 12:15:44 PM »

5 Weeks down......

Who has been the most disapointing team???
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2006, 12:21:33 PM »

5 Weeks down......

Who has been the most disapointing team???

dolphins

smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2006, 12:09:18 AM »

cant argue with that
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2006, 01:04:39 AM »

They were supposed to dominate with Culpepper at the helm.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: