Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:31:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Us fans, we love GNR.. but what about the rest?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Us fans, we love GNR.. but what about the rest?  (Read 8007 times)
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 09:04:49 PM »

well, some of the non-fans that i've played the leaks for actually liked the songs. Some of them have even become GnR fans, some were fans back in the day and forgot all about them and have now started to listen again. There were also some that thought the music sucked. Not everyone likes the same stuff. I think the cd will do just fine as far as sales go, but i don't think it's going to "save rock n roll".

i had this discussion with a friend of mine and he suggested that it could end up being a great cd that DOESN'T sell well just because of people being narrowminded and refusing to give it a chance. i guess that's possible.

There is a whole new generation of fans now though. i see it whenever i'm out and about. All the teenyboppers in their G'n'R shirts. I'm sure they'll buy the cd and go to the shows. It's kinda like Zeppelin was when i was growing up. If Plant would've put a new band together and called it Zeppelin, I still would have went and checked it out.

If anything, some people will buy it just out of curiosity.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 09:44:06 PM »

There is a whole new generation of fans now though. i see it whenever i'm out and about. All the teenyboppers in their G'n'R shirts. I'm sure they'll buy the cd and go to the shows. It's kinda like Zeppelin was when i was growing up. If Plant would've put a new band together and called it Zeppelin, I still would have went and checked it out.
That's an excellent point. I wonder how popular GnR is with the High School Crowd these days. I saw Page and Plant back in 98 and there was a lot of younger people there. I remember seeing an interview with Page and Plant on Much Music and they were talking about how many young people were at their shows.
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 03:14:37 AM »

That's an excellent point. I wonder how popular GnR is with the High School Crowd these days. I saw Page and Plant back in 98 and there was a lot of younger people there. I remember seeing an interview with Page and Plant on Much Music and they were talking about how many young people were at their shows.

Lucky!  I would have loved to go see Page and Plant.  It must have been fun! 

Anyhow, if the future of GNR is analogous to Page and Plant, GNR may be able to attract a younger crowd.  However, (not to be pessismistic) I do not think the music climate is ready for the return of rock and roll.  GNR may be able to achieve some mainstream success, but I doubt we'll see much change in the music world.  Everything seems to be geared to pop or hip hop now, and I don't see that changing soon.

In any event, I'm glad we're about to hear some new material from one of the best bands on the planet, regardless of what the rest of the world thinks!  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 03:36:41 AM »

theyhate the living hell out of Axl? Sad
These are the guys who wont give Chinese Democracy a chance. These are the average joes . im starting to think CD won't do good even if its the greatest album ever made.

Who knows ,but mtv fans weren't even near as enthusiatic as 02.. Axl kind of seemed like that older rock guy some new some didn't..  CD will do good but maybe not big mainstream.. Gnr from the past was a movement lots of time has passed
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 03:39:44 AM »

Who knows ,but mtv fans weren't even near as enthusiatic as 02.. Axl kind of seemed like that older rock guy some new some didn't..  CD will do good but maybe not big mainstream.. Gnr from the past was a movement lots of time has passed

This seems pretty accurate to me...........
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 03:45:58 AM »

I guess that GNR will gain new fans with the upcoming album. Many of my friends that used to not like GNR are into the new songs  Grin And if AXL won t be happy in US he can always move to Europe  Grin He knows that we love him  love

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 03:47:10 AM »

Yeah, but if he gets in MTV's good graces and they tell all the mindless zombies that GnR are cool, then we will be seeing GnR on TRL all the time.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
robinfinckfan
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 08:34:28 AM »

Yeah, but if he gets in MTV's good graces and they tell all the mindless zombies that GnR are cool, then we will be seeing GnR on TRL all the time.

I don't want to see gnr on mtv.

IDK  I don't think his reception lastnight was all that. I think alot of time has passed and his relevance is not there anymore, with himself to blame for the most part. people still love gnr but if i didn't have a computer I wouldn't know shit except he came out and presented the killers. there was a long time 93-00 that i didn't have a computer and i didn't know what was going on with the band, they basicaly existed in internet rumors.

I like many others moved on as far as music and waited for a new cd and waited and waited and waited. I'm so glad axl is doing this and saying himself he's doing this. I don't think with the mass audience he is as important as we might think. to all of them NOT to us.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 08:38:11 AM »

I don't think this is ever going to happen unfortunatly ...

Rock is no longer MTV's priority no Well, it's been a long time in fact  confused

But if the album is strong enough, it won't need that kind of mass media to go through.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

If it sells well, MTV will follow the trend as they normally do. They stopped setting the trend at least 15 years ago.

I could care less what the TRL crowd thinks of the music, but if management wants to sell to a market they might not reach, all they have to do is get MTV to play it during one of the four segments over the course of the day where they play music for ten minutes or so.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 08:48:24 AM »

I don't want to see gnr on mtv.

IDK? I don't think his reception lastnight was all that. I think alot of time has passed and his relevance is not there anymore, with himself to blame for the most part. people still love gnr but if i didn't have a computer I wouldn't know shit except he came out and presented the killers. there was a long time 93-00 that i didn't have a computer and i didn't know what was going on with the band, they basicaly existed in internet rumors.

I like many others moved on as far as music and waited for a new cd and waited and waited and waited. I'm so glad axl is doing this and saying himself he's doing this. I don't think with the mass audience he is as important as we might think. to all of them NOT to us.

absolutely right man... I have seen posts that read "haha Axl horrified the crowd LOL he is sooooo awesome!". ?Unfortunately that wasn't the case. ?People weren't horrified, they were more like "uhhhh who is this fucking guy with the braids?? ?THAT is Axl Rose?!" ?If anything they were horrified by his look. ?

But yeah, in response to the original post, us level headed fans know that this album will not be epic. ?It will be a mild success if anything. ?I think it will go platinum in the US and that will be that. ?And before people say "wow going platinum is a MILD success??" I will respond to that with remember how much money has been spent and how high expectations are for this. ?It will be a huge dissapointment as far as sales go. ?
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 08:49:03 AM »

These are the guys who wont give Chinese Democracy a chance. These are the average joes . im starting to think CD won't do good even if its the greatest album ever made.

This is really stupid. ?I have been a GNR fan since 1987. ?And I'll admit that Axl Rose is not my favourite person in the world. ?I don't know him personally but after the Montreal incident I can't say that I admire him on a personal level. ?Maybe if I got to know him that would change but as of now I can't say I like Axl on a personal level. ?BUT I also know that this is a guy who has an exceptional talent in music. ?So while I do not like him per say, I love his music so of course I'll buy Chinese Democracy! ?I've been waiting for it for 7 years now. ?Just because the guy acted like an asshole for the majority of his carreer doesn't mean he can't have talent. ?You gotta make the difference man. ?Just because someone doesn't like everything Axl says or do or is not willing to kiss his ass doesn't mean they hate him and won't buy his albums. ?He is a human being and will do mistakes like the rest of us. ?Some people here would let him get away with murder. ?I wouldn't, but I still think he is one of the greatest rocker of all time.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 08:58:08 AM »

This is really stupid. ?I have been a GNR fan since 1987. ?And I'll admit that Axl Rose is not my favourite person in the world. ?I don't know him personally but after the Montreal incident I can't say that I admire him on a personal level. ?Maybe if I got to know him that would change but as of now I can't say I like Axl on a personal level. ?BUT I also know that this is a guy who has an exceptional talent in music. ?So while I do not like him per say, I love his music so of course I'll buy Chinese Democracy! ?I've been waiting for it for 7 years now. ?Just because the guy acted like an asshole for the majority of his carreer doesn't mean he can't have talent. ?You gotta make the difference man. ?Just because someone doesn't like everything Axl says or do or is not willing to kiss his ass doesn't mean they hate him and won't buy his albums. ?He is a human being and will do mistakes like the rest of us. ?Some people here would let him get away with murder. ?I wouldn't, but I still think he is one of the greatest rocker of all time.

I agree 100% his talent as a musician is why I've waited for so long. No band has ever changed me as much as gnr, they are apart of my life, I don't think the sun rises and sits in axl rose's ass but from a talent perspective: there's not many better than that man
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »

hey wes u got anymore tracks for us?  Tongue
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006, 02:49:26 PM »

I believe that CD will sell fine. It probably will never sell as much as Appetite but that's to be expected.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »

That could happen, where mtv just plays axl's shit so much you have no chouce but to get into it.. Not saying wether it was good or not just they will do like most of you do the boots, just listen as many times as it takes.. It happens with pop all the time... That sexy back song by justin timberlake sucks but it's on at my job site 24-7 and that nelly fertardo duet and shakira's hips don't lie to where you kind of like them even though they suck..

I feel that the music might be forced down your throat because gnr today regardless of the lineup is somehwat rock royalty or at least quite trendy
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2006, 07:56:55 PM »

couldnt really give a fuck but I went to see them in New York on the 15th from england and saw them in Wembley with my mate the other week, who said it was 'fucking great' (who never really knew much about guns n roses and  was scared before he went too!). So Whats with the rubbish subject?! Who Cares?!

'US what-ever'- British love him more! If anyone is bothered.
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006, 04:43:37 AM »

Please excuse the last comment- made when slightly inebriated  Undecided
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2006, 01:26:18 PM »

Not a lot of kids at my school like or for better words know who he is. But most of them have no muscial taste anyways so it doesnt matter ok
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2006, 01:53:28 PM »

theyhate the living hell out of Axl  Sad

Are you basing this off the standing ovation he got at the VMA's or...............?

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: