Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is Axl Rose's octave range??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is Axl Rose's octave range??  (Read 44457 times)
AxlBaby
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:59:40 PM »

does anyone know? 
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 08:11:57 PM »

I once read he has 2 more octaves than alice cooper, so if you figure out Alice Cooper's, add 2 to that.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 08:13:25 PM »

I read 8 octaves, that's amazing

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 08:15:44 PM »

could somone explain the whole matter like we are 5 year olds? What does it mean 8 octaves? his voice? how is it measured? Like an opera singer or something?
Thanks for making it clear.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 08:20:36 PM »

"tu prends la note la plus grave, puis la plus aigu, tu mesures la diff?rence et ?a te donne 8 octaves."

Do you understand now? hihi

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 08:22:43 PM »

"tu prends la note la plus grave, puis la plus aigu, tu mesures la diff?rence et ?a te donne 8 octaves."

tha's very symple to understand? Grin Have you understood? hihi

J'ai pas compris l'ami.

Undecided Tongue
`
COULD SOMEBODY ELSE GIVE IT A SHOT ? IM RETARDED I CANT HELP IT. I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ON THIS ISSUE WHATSOEVER.

EDIT: ok Now I get it. Sorry Im slow.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 08:25:26 PM by SON OF A PREACHER » Logged

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 08:25:55 PM »

I don't know how to translate it in english. well...it's a question of measure in his voice tone. a measure between his highest notes (nightrain or sweet child for exemple) and his lowest ones (it's so easy). IT GIVES YOU 8 OCTAVES. well that's what I read.

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 09:47:09 PM »

An octave is the distance from one note to the same note at the other end of a scale.? For example, the C major scale has the notes C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C (it's the scale with no sharps or flats).? Note that it begins and ends with the same note, C.? Both of those C's are the same note, but one of them is higher than the other.? That's one octave distance between them.? Now, if you're talking 8 octaves...well, that's the same note, but a LOT higher.

ATTENTION, ATTENTION: This is Mattman's 1000th post!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 09:55:54 PM by Mattman » Logged
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 11:05:43 PM »

I heard that Mariah Carey has a 7 octave range. I heard this from a girl who studied singing. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I doubt that Axl has a higher range than Mariah. On the other hand...maybe he does...he can sing pretty low...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 11:10:22 PM »

I heard that Mariah Carey has a 7 octave range. I heard this from a girl who studied singing. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I doubt that Axl has a higher range than Mariah. On the other hand...maybe he does...he can sing pretty low...

It doesnt matter how high you can go, its how high and low you can go.
Since axl can singer lower than Mariah and Axl can sing pretty damn high, he has a better range.
Btw listen to Riyadh from HOB that is damn high.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »

8 octives is humanly impossible... unless of course you can sing every note on the piano... which is impossible. To give you an idea of axl's range...

the opening notes he sings in "its so easy" is a low Eb... the ending note of sweet child is the next octive up and in rocket queen he hits the next highest Eb at the end. That would be a three octive range... the highest note i've heard axl hit is the high F above the Eb in rocket queen. He hits the F at the perfect crime. I'm sure axl could probably sing the low a below the low e in its so easy.... i'd say axl has around a three and half octive range.

I've taken 10 years of opera so I know what i'm talking about

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 11:34:23 PM »

8 octives is humanly impossible... unless of course you can sing every note on the piano... which is impossible. To give you an idea of axl's range...

the opening notes he sings in "its so easy" is a low Eb... the ending note of sweet child is the next octive up and in rocket queen he hits the next highest Eb at the end. That would be a three octive range... the highest note i've heard axl hit is the high F above the Eb in rocket queen. He hits the F at the perfect crime. I'm sure axl could probably sing the low a below the low e in its so easy.... i'd say axl has around a three and half octive range.

I've taken 10 years of opera so I know what i'm talking about
I read somewhere that Axl had a 7 octave.  3 is why off buddy.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 11:39:17 PM »

Its 8

http://www.epinions.com/content_16657387140

"With the loose, blusey rhythms of bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler, and the furious riffs of Izzy Stradlin and the technically stunning soloing of Slash, there was no mistake this was an extremely talented group, however, lead vocalist Axl Rose is the immediate standout of this band. Sporting an 8-octave vocal range that has never quite been the same since this album, the tremendously talented frontman could do anything with any song, many times on the album he sounds like two completley different people, one moment screeching at the top of his lungs, another utilizing a deep, baritone growl."

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 11:41:34 PM »

Its 8

"With the loose, blusey rhythms of bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler, and the furious riffs of Izzy Stradlin and the technically stunning soloing of Slash, there was no mistake this was an extremely talented group, however, lead vocalist Axl Rose is the immediate standout of this band. Sporting an 8-octave vocal range that has never quite been the same since this album, the tremendously talented frontman could do anything with any song, many times on the album he sounds like two completley different people, one moment screeching at the top of his lungs, another utilizing a deep, baritone growl."

I read that in Spin some years ago also.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 12:15:18 AM »

Its 8

Thats pretty impressive if in fact Axl's vocal capabilities are as you said they were with that quote Shocked

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 02:08:08 AM »

I hate to burst your bubble but there is no fucking way he has an 8 octave range.  Do you realize how ridiculous he would sound singing in 8 octaves?  he doesn't even really sing that high...8 octaves is ridiculous.  don't believe everything you read on the internet kids.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 02:13:37 AM »

sorry to double post but this thread just pissed me off.  4-5 octaves is incredible...Celine Dion for God's sake has a five octave range.  Axl would sound like a eunich singing that high.  Sorry but give me a fucking break...8 Roll Eyes

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2004, 03:50:31 AM »

sorry to double post but this thread just pissed me off.? 4-5 octaves is incredible...Celine Dion for God's sake has a five octave range.? Axl would sound like a eunich singing that high.? Sorry but give me a fucking break...8 Roll Eyes

There's no fucking way that Celine Dion can sing anywhere near as low as Axl. You are thinking of the high notes, dont forget about the lower notes. Axl can sing pretty high also, so I would say he has more range than Celine Dion.
vincent
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2004, 04:56:19 AM »

Nobody on earth can sing in 8 octave!  Wink
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2004, 05:34:32 AM »

Octave if im not mistaken is how low you can sing to how high you can sing, you guys are forgetting the low range too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: