Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Poison
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poison  (Read 87139 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: May 20, 2004, 05:41:36 PM »

I know there are fans of Poison on this board and there have been little threads going round before, mentioning their tour and the release of Best of Ballads & Blues but i think they deserve a thread for everything about them, so anything to do with Poison goes in here.  So to start things off here are my top ten Poison songs;

1. Fallen Angel
2. Cry Tough
3. Home [Bret's Story]
4. Unskinny Bop
5. Stand
6. Nothin' But A Good Time
7. Wasteland
8. Bastard Son of A Thousand Blues
9. Your Mama Don't Dance
10. Stupid, Stoned And Dumb

Favourite Album: Hollyweird

And a question for Poison fans;

Q. Which famous Hollywood actor is a good friend of Bret Michaels and has worked on films with him?
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 05:50:56 PM »

Poison is good.

I actually had the pleasure of meeting Bret Michaels last year on Oct. 31, 2003 (his solo band played here).

Cool dude, super nice.  He took time to sign stuff and I asked him how he was feeling as I know he struggles with diabetes.  

They put on a good show. beer
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 06:00:23 PM »

Poison is good.

I actually had the pleasure of meeting Bret Michaels last year on Oct. 31, 2003 (his solo band played here).

Cool dude, super nice.  He took time to sign stuff and I asked him how he was feeling as I know he struggles with diabetes.  

They put on a good show. beer

Cool, his solo album Songs of Life is pretty good i'd love to see him and/or Poison live,  One More Day is a class song off Songs of Life incase anyone wants to download it, go for that one first
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 06:43:33 PM »

I didn't care for the Native Tongue album with Richie Kotzen on guitar.

That probably was their weakest album. Aside from Bastard Son of A Thousand Blues, Stand & Until You Suffer Some (Fire and Ice) the tracks pretty much suck especially Richie's Acoustic Thang.............Richie Sambora he ain't
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 07:43:40 PM »

Poison rock, for fav song i would have to go with 'ever rose has its thorn' - yes its daft but it was the first song of theirs i heard and i still think its the best.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 07:47:04 PM »

Poison rock, for fav song i would have to go with 'every rose has its thorn' - yes its daft but it was the first song of theirs i heard and i still think its the best.

Yeah that is a classic i advise all people to listen to that song before they watch Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey it's so fuckin' funny when God asks them the meaning of life and they start reciting lyrics from that song  rofl
maucurbelo
Opening Act

SLASH=GOD

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 09:48:53 AM »

I fuckin? hate Poison!!!!!!!!
Seriously, I do

Sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time.And it?s so easy to be social,it?s so easy to be cool,yeah it?s easy to be hungry when you ain?t got shit to lose
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 11:18:58 AM »

Poison rock - theres loads of ggod songs - Look What The Cat Dragged In being my fravorite. Did you know they were the best selling artists of 1986 behind Bon Jovi?

Riot In Everyone!
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 03:50:22 PM »

Poison rock!  People are always giving them shit because of the hair, the make-up, and the way they dressed, and they say that the music isn't meaningful.  I love Poison for all those reasons!  They're one of the best party rock bands ever; their songs just make you wanna have fun.  They're not trying to be the real punk or anything; they're just a good rock 'n' roll band with catchy songs, and I respect that immensely.  Sure, they're a bit derivative of Van Halen and KISS, but I don't really care.  They just make really fun songs.

I only own one album by them - Greatest Hits 1986-1996 - but I have listened to Flesh & Blood and also to bits of ...Open Up and Say Aah!, and I like 'em all.  F&B has a lot of really good underrated songs with a harder edge, like "Valley of Lost Souls" and "Life Loves A Tragedy", which shows that Poison can also be a harder rock band than just the glam image.  But their greatest hits album just does it for me.  It's got catchy song after catchy song.  I love "Talk Dirty To Me", "I Won't Forget You", "Look What The Cat Dragged In", and "Fallen Angel", which is probably my favourite Poison song.

"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" was one of the first songs I learned how to play on guitar.  The song is cheesy, but it did get me into Poison just because it was easy to learn.  And then there's "Nothin' But A Good Time" - great video, great song, one of the best ever about just having fun and rockin'.  I always end up humming it to myself when I'm doing my part-time job and it's getting me down.

I'm not so much into their stuff after 1990 or so, but they're still one of my fave 80s bands.  Very underrated.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 01:21:42 AM »

I happen to think Poison are one of the best rock bands of all time. I like them alot.

I own:
Greatest Hits 86-96
Best of Ballads and Blues
Bret Michaels' Songs of Life
and I had Hollyweird until it was stolen.

From what I've heard they are a great band, and hair, lipstick blah blah... image yeah it was weird but they were good and C.C. Deville is a great gutairst that can really play.

Their best selling album is Open Up and Say...Ahhh

Their worst album is Hollyweird... that album had 3 decent songs...

Hollyweird
Wishful Thinkin'
Squeeze Box

Poison have made the worst comeback on a album ever. I hope the next album if their is one is better... because Hollyweird was terrible.

Overall Poison is a good band. They really show the late 80s time and fun.

My top 5 songs in no order are: *This is hard for me to do*
Every Rose Has It's Thorn
Life Goes On
Last Song
Talk Dirty To Me
Lay Your Body Down

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 03:27:49 AM »

Their worst album is Hollyweird... that album had 3 decent songs...

Hollyweird
Wishful Thinkin'
Squeeze Box

Poison have made the worst comeback on a album ever. I hope the next album if their is one is better... because Hollyweird was terrible.

I agree with all you've said apart from these Hollyweird comments i think it was a great effort by them and in my opinion the album was their most consistent ever they kept their fun have a laugh style but also seemed to be more mature, well maybe not, more reflective then.  I love all the tracks my personal fave being Home (Bret's Story)
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 01:51:25 PM »

Yeah I just thought that the album was a little weak in the hit area anyways... I mean they did tour a lot and everything but the album flopped.

I just thought it was a let down. It is okay... but a let down.

But don't damn me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 03:10:50 PM »

Yeah I just thought that the album was a little weak in the hit area anyways... I mean they did tour a lot and everything but the album flopped.

I just thought it was a let down. It is okay... but a let down.

There's plenty of albums that were not hits wish were actually very good, these days Poison's fanbase is probably considerably smaller.  M?tley Cr?e's Generation Swine IMO was a great album but reviews and sales tend to disagree, i put it up there though with Dr. Feelgood & Shout At The Devil
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 06:09:13 PM »

They put on a good show for sure.

They get ripped on, but it's not like they are trying to be like REM. They are a fun band and should be viewed as such.

Great rock n roll band all the way.  beer
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 06:45:21 PM »

They put on a good show for sure.

They get ripped on, but it's not like they are trying to be like REM. They are a fun band and should be viewed as such.

Great rock n roll band all the way.  beer

Very true only thing is people in the music industry seem to disagree i mean Nikki Sixx has said he would never tour with them, he seemed to really hate them can't remember exactly what he said and recently Scott Weiland said;
You know, the guys or the kids there, the younger people there, are like dressing the way Guns n' Roses and other sort of 'underground' rock n' roll Sunset Strip bands dressed. I'm not talking about the Poison's... I'm talkin' about the Guns n' Roses.  You know, the real bands.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 09:42:57 PM »

Yea they never got tha recognition they deserved. To compare them to GnR is like apples and oranges. Rock, just totally different kind of rock. My opinion anyway.

But there concerts (crowd wise) still do great after all this time. To me, that still says something.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 09:43:44 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 11:05:24 AM »

YA poison is kick ass..you mama dont cance and nothin but a good time r kick ass songs...i wanted to check em out this summer with kiss

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 01:13:53 PM »

Yeah Poison rule, I hope they do another album soon.... does anyone know if they will make another album? Poison have as much fanbase as Bon Jovi probably.

But don't damn me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 02:47:26 PM »

Yeah Poison rule, I hope they do another album soon.... does anyone know if they will make another album? Poison have as much fanbase as Bon Jovi probably.

No reason for them not to make another album they are still a band and they are not doing a farewell tour or splitting up so theoretically they should.
MCT
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 04:47:10 PM »

I saw em on the Hollyweird tour last year..........great show...........though Cinderella was the highlight for me.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: