Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Poison
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poison  (Read 87538 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2004, 05:11:48 PM »

Yeah Poison rule, I hope they do another album soon.... does anyone know if they will make another album? Poison have as much fanbase as Bon Jovi probably.

Poison's fan base is nowhere near as large as Bon Jovi's is right now. I hope neither of these bands ever release another studio album if they sucks as much as Hollyweird and This Left Feels Right.

I've never seen Poison or Kiss live before, but I'm going to the rock the nation tour this year, and I can't wait for that!!!
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2004, 07:48:47 PM »

No one mentions "Something to Believe In"?

Poison is SUCH a guilty pleasure. I went to see them last summer. They were playing an open venue and it was pouring. SO... my girlfriend and i made a sign "Wet for Brett" (notice the pun) and held it up (we were really close to the stage). All the guys noticed it and laughed. It was cute and funny. We subsequently got backstage passes but ended up not going back.
I like Poison because the guys seem very grateful for all they have.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2004, 11:35:35 AM »

:nervous:What the FUCK is going on here? Poison=the worst band ever.  You people have got to be joking.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2004, 04:13:02 PM »

:nervous:What the FUCK is going on here? Poison=the worst band ever.  You people have got to be joking.

Music is a matter of opinion and judging by the number of positive comments about Poison in this thread they obviously fail to share your opinion
Dizzy
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2004, 06:11:17 PM »

What the FUCK is going on here?  You = Adding Nothing to this discussion.  You have got to be joking.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2004, 02:57:58 AM »

What the FUCK is going on here?  You = Adding Nothing to this discussion.  You have got to be joking.

Dizzy, we agree again. Deep down we must be destined to be friends even though we disagree a lot.

Listen, there are many bands that are brought up here that I don't like. I simply don't post on those threads. People have different tastes and it is disrespectful to post just to say "These guys suck!".

Most threads about bands are more fan appreciation type threads then anything. So why TROLL them?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2004, 02:50:14 PM »

Dizzy, we agree again. Deep down we must be destined to be friends even though we disagree a lot.

Maybe you should make me Vice President of the 1% club.   Tongue

haha. I'll need three nominations.... hihi
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 02:51:08 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2004, 07:04:28 PM »

I nominate Dizzy for VP of the 1% club  ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2004, 12:40:17 AM »

I nominate Dizzy for VP of the 1% club  ok

2 more to go and then he has to modify his title a bit too.

I also will let him in on what the 1% club is! LOL hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2004, 08:51:20 AM »

Back on topic...just recently i picked up Power To The People for some reason i had never heard of this album before.  I realise most tracks are live ones, and are not really special either but i think the new studio ones are great.  Even the title track while trying to bring in a bit of rap still keeps to being good and catchy like most of their successfull stuff.  Many reviews though slated the new tracks and basically said it was because of these poor tracks that they had no confidence to put out a whole new album and instead filled it up with live tracks.  Like i said though i think those new songs were damn good and i would of prefered more of the same, what does everyone else think?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2004, 10:05:42 AM »

Maybe you should make me Vice President of the 1% club. ? Tongue

I nominate Dizzy for VP of the 1% club ?ok

2 more to go and then he has to modify his title a bit too.

I also will let him in on what the 1% club is! LOL hihi

I nominate Dizzy too ok

What is the 1% club? You need to get your title back!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2004, 01:44:42 PM »

According to a posting at his official website, POISON singer BRET MICHAELS Fender guitar was stolen during the last song of his set at McCools in Valparaiso, Indiana on Friday, November 12. "We are asking anyone and everyone who may know where it is to please return it to us," says a message at his site. "This guitar has a lot of sentimental value to Bret and we just want to get it back. If you have any information about the whereabouts of this guitar, please email us at bmelist@yahoo.com immediately with your contact information. As we have stated we just want the guitar back. Please contact us if you have any information." Michael's is currently riding the wave of success with his new country music single, 'All I Ever Needed'.

Wonder if there is a reward Undecided , can't see anyone contacting them the people who nabbed it probably won't and how the hell will anyone know it's his anyway.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2004, 02:36:38 PM »

I like Poison, but I try not to listen to a lot at once.....If I do, it just becomes apparent that they're not very good....But I do like them.....

I think the actor you're looking for, Stoned, is
Nic Cage....

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2004, 05:21:05 PM »

I?ve been listening some Poison songs (like Every Rose Has It?s Thorn,Something I belive, and other songs mentioned on this topic) and havent like them very much.Anyway  If you all like it my opinion doesnt matter.

Rock on

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
POPmetal
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2004, 11:35:06 PM »

I thought the actor was Charlie Sheen. Has he done stuff with Nic Cage also?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2004, 11:43:16 PM »

He has worked w/ Charlie Sheen, he mentions both actors in the song though.  Here are the lines from Home (Bret's Story):
Rock stars movie stars a hollywood scene

I eat dinner with Nick Cage and Charlie Sheen

Nick asks me what the hell unskinny bop means

As for doing movie work with Cage........not to my knowledge i assume they are just mates Undecided
POPmetal
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2004, 11:48:33 PM »

Cool! I never noticed that in Home (Bret's Story). Then again, I've listened to that album only about 3 or 4 times the week it came out, and I haven't touched it since because it doesn't really do anything for me.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2004, 11:51:09 PM »

Cool! I never noticed that in Home (Bret's Story). Then again, I've listened to that album only about 3 or 4 times the week it came out, and I haven't touched it since because it doesn't really do anything for me.

Give it another try, im guessing if you have read this thread threw you will see i rate it remember not all albums hit you straight away some need a bit of time, it is worth sticking with because it really is good no-brainer fun
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2005, 03:34:54 PM »

The Buffalo News recently conducted an interview with POISON frontman Bret Michaels. Several excerpts from the interview follow:

Q: Congratulations of the birth of [daughter] Jorja. How is everything with her?

Bret Michaels: "Thank you. She is beautiful, she is healthy and obviously with me being diabetic that was the first thing we checked and so far everything is great and she?s just being a baby and totally healthy and that's a good feeling."

Q: How is your first born daughter Raine doing and how is she handling having a new sister?

Bret Michaels: "Raine is actually handling it really good and for this reason, I involve her in everything I do with Jorja so she doesn't have the jealousy factor going on. In other words, if you push one kid away the other one feels left out. She's just been so good with Jorja, so far so good."

Q: The one question that POISON and Bret Michaels fans are wanting to know is why the change from metal to country with your new solo record?

Bret Michaels: "The first thing to address is that it's not really a change, it's not that big of a departure from what I did on 'Songs of Life', my first solo record. Obviously I'm a huge rock fanatic that also loves country music. I grew up listening to country with my father when I was young. If you listen to any of the POISON songs, you hear those influences. This album is not a country album, this is a rock record with what I consider some good, contemporary southern rock and country songs on it. So it's not like all of a sudden your going to pick it up and say, 'Wait a minute, he never played any of this stuff before.' 'Open Road' is not that much different than 'Fallen Angel' and 'All I Ever Needed' is not that much different from 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'. It's really not that big of a departure."

Q: Now you say you?re a rock fanatic and in 2004 you guys went on tour with one of your personal favorites, KISS. Did it exceed it your expectations?

Bret Michaels: "Let me tell you, on two levels. I been friends with Gene and Paul for a pretty long time and obviously I love KISS and here is what's great about it. Not only did they treat us great, as a band they treated us great, they were very respectful but what was also cool about it, to me, they were great to my little girl Raine, I had her out with me on the road for a couple of shows and they treated her great. I have the best picture of Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons picking her up and walking around with her in full makeup, and she has a KISS 'Destroyer' shirt and Gene and her are looking at each other and they both have their tongues out and the metal hands up. So on a personal level and a professional level it was great. But the most important thing, when POISON finished our set there wasn't one night I missed, I went up and watched KISS play every night and I was thinking, I would be paying to do this if I wasn't doing this. How many people can say that they get paid for watching their favorite band play?"

Q: What was your initial reaction when you heard about the murder of Dimebag Darrell from PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN?

Bret Michaels: "Actually I was extremely close to Vinnie [Paul, Darrell's brother]. It was pretty devastating for me. What kills you was that it was such a waste. What an idiotic stupid thing. Now it scares people to have backstage parties and do stuff. It was such a waste."

Q: What's the future for POISON? Next year will be your 20th anniversary for POISON right?

Bret Michaels: "Yeah, let me put it this way. I'm someone that loves to play the hits, you have to always play the hits but I also want to continue to write new material. And next year Capitol Records is going to release a huge box set with all of our stuff from 1986 to 2006 and a bunch of stuff that has never been heard or seen before and we're going to go out and have a great 20th anniversary tour. I always want to state this to POISON fans: in no way, shape or form do I ever want to leave the band. I love doing solo stuff but I can do both and make both work. This summer of 2005 we decided that all four of us need a break and to come out with our 20th and do something special."

Q: What are your thoughts on downloading from the Internet? Are you for it or against it?

Bret Michaels: "I'm mixed. Here's my feeling. As an artist, I feel we owe the fans at least the ability to download a couple things for free. To hear a couple of the songs, check out the record before they buy it. But on the flipside, I think that if the fans like what they hear they should go out and pay a reasonable price for the record. With me at BretMichaels.com, I try to give say here's a video, here's a song, here's some clips. I surely don?t want them to buy it, go home and say, 'Hey this sucks.' I want them to know what they will be getting."

Q: POISON was bigger then most "hair bands" of the time obviously, how do you think you guys achieved this and how do you think you stood out more then any other glam band of the time?

Bret Michaels: "No matter what happened with our band, we were always passionate when we hit the stage. In other words we had plenty of train wrecks off the stage but when we hit that stage we were passionate and gave it everything he had. Number two, I think we had good solid songs. Without good songs, it doesn't matter if you're NIRVANA, METALLICA or POISON, no one is going to come and see you. We have passion for what we do and had a great stage show. And I think most importantly, no one could quite put their finger on POISON. We were a glam band but we were really, really great to the fans."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2005, 03:48:10 PM »

i like poison. omli hurd about 7 tunes.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: