Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Poison
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poison  (Read 87129 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2011, 01:24:16 PM »

Poison's Bret Michaels Added To Motley Crue's Australian Tour

Post by: Dave-O 25 May, 2011

Last week we mentioned Motley Crue and a member of Poison would be doing a tour together. Well we can report that the deal has been done!

Music reporter Nui Te Koha broke the news on Triple M Melbourne's Hot Breakfast this morning.

"Motley Crue and Poison frontman Bret Michaels will [tour]. That deal has been done. It's gonna happen in September," Nui said.

When the story broke last week fans went off across our Rock News Facebook and website. dazza nicholls screamed, "rock out wth ya cock out!!! boguns let loose, can't wait for that!!! crue here we come!!!!! \m/ rock on \m/", while Julie Tolmer said "Living in the 80's wohooo love all their music!!!!!".

Of course, Bret Michaels has had a busy and varied post-Poison career, releasing a couple of solo albums and starring in the reality TV show Rock Of Love where babes with big boobs vie for his affection.

We'll have all the dates as soon as they're confirmed. The other hot rumour is that Whitesnake will join Motley Crue and Bret Michaels for the massive triple bill. We'll keep you posted.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news/blog/poisons-bret-michaels-added-to-motley-crues-australian-tour/20110525-cewu.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »

From Bret Michaels:

June 03, 2011

Few questions are off-limits with Michaels, so it was time to ask about Poison?s new partnership with Motley Crue.

The two bands have, shall we say, experienced friction in the past. Do these guys even like each other?

?I want to make it very clear. I?m not a grudge guy, ever,? Michaels said. ?They have said a lot of negative stuff about Poison. (Motley Crue singer) Vince (Neil) has toured with me and we?ve ridden motorcycles together. (Bassist) Nikki (Sixx) and (drummer) Tommy (Lee) have said a lot of negative things about a lot of people, and I was one of them. 

?I don?t know what the rhyme or reason is,? Michaels continued. ?I like some of their music. Fans want the tour. I think it could be a great tour for fans if we could just put our feelings aside. I think we can have a great time.?

http://blog.al.com/mcolurso/2011/06/birminghams_a_sweet_spot_for_p.html

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »

Last week we mentioned Motley Crue and a member of Poison would be doing a tour together. Well we can report that the deal has been done!

Music reporter Nui Te Koha broke the news on Triple M Melbourne's Hot Breakfast this morning.

"Motley Crue and Poison frontman Bret Michaels will [tour]. That deal has been done. It's gonna happen in September," Nui said.

When the story broke last week fans went off across our Rock News Facebook and website. dazza nicholls screamed, "rock out wth ya cock out!!! boguns let loose, can't wait for that!!! crue here we come!!!!! \m/ rock on \m/", while Julie Tolmer said "Living in the 80's wohooo love all their music!!!!!".

Of course, Bret Michaels has had a busy and varied post-Poison career, releasing a couple of solo albums and starring in the reality TV show Rock Of Love where babes with big boobs vie for his affection.

We'll have all the dates as soon as they're confirmed. The other hot rumour is that Whitesnake will join Motley Crue and Bret Michaels for the massive triple bill. We'll keep you posted.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news/blog/poisons-bret-michaels-added-to-motley-crues-australian-tour/20110525-cewu.html

I think it's lame having Bret Michaels on his own, why not bring the whole band along...?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #283 on: June 11, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »

A Thank You Message from Bret as the Motley/Poison tour kicks off in Dallas, Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QmwcFEEL_8

Highlights from the opening night of the Motley/Poison tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igcRqmvLR6M

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #284 on: June 11, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »

I think it's lame having Bret Michaels on his own, why not bring the whole band along...?

Cheaper

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #285 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

RIKKI ROCKET TALKS SMAK TO SCULLY ABOUT GETTING THE CRUE TOUR, WHY MOTLEY BAGGED ON THEM AND WHAT HE DID TO BRET INT HE HOSPITAL!

June 06, 2011

Audio: http://www.kegl.com/pages/scull.html?article=8669118

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »

RIKKI ROCKET TALKS SMAK TO SCULLY ABOUT GETTING THE CRUE TOUR, WHY MOTLEY BAGGED ON THEM AND WHAT HE DID TO BRET INT HE HOSPITAL!

June 06, 2011

Audio: http://www.kegl.com/pages/scull.html?article=8669118

This is what he says in the interview:

On how POISON ended up touring with M?TLEY CR?E this summer after members of M?TLEY CR?E had less-than-kind words to say about POISON during the last few years:

Rikki: "Bret [Michaels, POISON singer] was doing some solo gigs, he was up in Canada, and somebody before the show, I think it was, mentioned about, 'Oh, you guys are doing a tour with M?TLEY CR?E,' or something like that. And so he mentions it on stage. He goes, 'Hey, how would you like us up here with M?TLEY CR?E?' All of a sudden, somehow, that got convoluted that he was trying to book a tour through the press, and that's not the case at all. He just mentioned it to the fans because he had heard something up there. So then we just kind of let it go. We said, 'OK, well, if nobody wants do it.' A couple of months later, we got a call from the CR?E's management, and they said, 'You know what?! That's a pretty good idea. Would you like to do it?' And we said, 'Yeah, that makes sense to us.' I think it was a combination between their folks and some of the Live Nation guys and the fans. I think the fans were like, 'This is one combination we have not seen from either of these two bands. We haven't seen them on the same stage.' I think the last time we played a show in the States with M?TLEY was Day On The Green in 1989, or something like that."

On why he thinks members of M?TLEY CR?E were so adamantly against the idea of touring with POISON when it was mentioned in the past:

"You know what?! I don't know, quite honestly. I really don't. I don't share that animosity. I like M?TLEY CR?E; I'm a fan. I think they're awesome. I think we're awesome. I love our own band. We have a lot of the same fans. Not everybody that's a POISON fan is a M?TLEY fan and vice versa, but a big chunk is. And the fact of the matter is that somebody doesn't have one band's CD in their car all the time, or on their iPod or whatever; we all like a variety of bands and music. And honestly, I'm seeing a lot of breaking down of the barriers again, like it was? In the Sixties, there was some crazy, different combinations of bands that would together or be on the same bill, and now it's kind of getting back to that a little bit. I mean, you're not gonna see MAROON 5 open for SLAYER ? it's not that crazy ? but there are some interesting combinations of stuff that wouldn't have happened in the past, for whatever reason. I think rock has grown up a little bit? Look at the rap guys ? they stick together, man. They play on each other's records, they'll support each other? They'll kill each other sometimes, too. [Laughs] But they support each other and that's why that genre of music has hung in there. And if rock's gonna hang in there, it's gotta do the same thing, and it's doing it."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159490

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2011, 02:41:57 PM »

From Rikki Rocket:

Poison gets more potent over time

Jun. 22, 2011

New music is still in the offing.

"We are going to finish this tour, take a little time off and then, hopefully, we can begin writing and recording new material," Rockett said. "We have been tossing things around, for sure."

"We really still are like a garage band in a sense, because that's how we come up with new music," Rockett said. "In rehearsals for this tour, we started jamming and playing around, coming up with cool riffs and grooves. It got to the point where we had to stop ourselves and get back to the business of putting our show together for this tour. But there is new music just waiting to burst out of us, and we know that's what has to be next for us."

http://www.bnd.com/2011/06/22/1757993/poison-gets-more-potent-over-time.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2011, 12:22:21 PM »

Bret Michaels - Bret Michaels: 'I've Seen Dead People'

Appearing on spooky U.S. TV show Celebrity Ghost Stories, the Every Rose Has Its Thorn hitmaker says, "I believe I've absolutely, for sure, seen an apparition in my life... I felt the presence of someone come up and put their hands on my shoulders. It was a warm feeling. It was almost like a friend. I turn around, it was my grandma."

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5vprwAYSVc

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2011, 01:26:56 PM »

Michaels talking Poison

July 22, 2011

PITTSBURGH -- Prior to hitting the road again this summer with his Poison, the glam-metal band's singer, Bret Michaels, agreed to do e-mail interviews.
Here's what the Butler native had to say about his career and Poison's appearance Sunday at Stage AE with Motley Crue:

Q: When you performed locally last year at First Niagara Pavilion, VH1 cameras were filming. Will that be the case when Poison performs at Stage AE?
A: We always like to have cameras rolling to catch footage; you never know what's going to happen and the shows are always a great time so yes, we'll have cameras rolling so we don't miss anything. It's not necessarily for VH1 but I always have fun projects up my sleeve and the tours are always crazy so we definitely try to get a lot of footage.

Q: You've played Stage AE, headlining a Pittsburgh Steelers pep rally. What was your favorite moment of that experience?
A: I was raised in Steelers territory and I'm a Steelers fan through and through. Two of my first loves were music and the Steelers, so headlining the Steelers pep rally was an awesome combination of two things I'm really passionate about. I loved every moment of it: seeing the fans, feeding off of their energy, getting out there to support my team and rock out with the fans. It was incredible and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My daughter Raine was with me as well so that was a great moment.

Q: What are your most vivid memories of growing up in Butler? And did you ever spend any time in Beaver County.?
A: I have great memories of Butler. I was always outdoors being active as a kid. I played a lot of sports, little league football. Always something active. I rode dirt bikes all time. I still love to ride -- I just created the Bret Michaels Rock Hard, Ride Hard Award for supercross/ motocross which will be a cash prize awarded in Las Vegas for the toughest and most fearless rider of the season. But I loved growing up in Butler and I spent a fair amount of time in Beaver County, as well, so I'm excited to be coming back to the area.

Q. Poison is celebrating 25 years together. Which of the band's accomplishments has made you the proudest?
A: Celebrating our 25th anniversary is a real milestone. We literally built Poison from the ground up. We took nothing and turned it into something huge. So, I'm still proud of that and I know the guys are all proud of that as well. I still love touring and playing with the guys after all these years and the fans are still loving it. That means everything to me.

Q: Poison is touring with Motley Crue. What was it like hanging with those guys on the Sunset Strip back in the day?
A: It was just pure mayhem. Those were some of the craziest times of my life, and some of the most fun too, as you can imagine. We caused trouble and we always had a good time.

Q: Also on the tour is the New York Dolls. Did their music or stage style influence Poison?
A: Oh, absolutely. The New York Dolls were a huge influence. They were real 1970s rock and it's an honor to be heading out on tour with them this summer.

Q: What was a bigger artistic risk on your last album: Covering Sublime or singing with Miley Cyrus?
A: With both of those, I didn't think "Wow, I'm taking a really big risk here, artistically." I thought, "Wow, wouldn't it be cool do this." So I didn't see covering Sublime or working with Miley as a risk. I saw both of those tracks as an opportunity to evolve as an artist and stretch myself. I consider myself truly lucky because I have the kind of fans who support and encourage me when I step outside of the box and do something unexpected.

Q: You brought your daughters on stage last year at First Niagara Pavilion. Have they gotten used to daddy being a rock star? And would you encourage them to pursue musical careers?
A: My girls love having a rock star daddy. I miss them like crazy when I'm on the road but I get them out to see me as much as possible. Raine and Jorja are both hugely talented and if they want to follow in my footsteps and pursue a career in music then I'm all for it. I would love that. I actually just re-recorded "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" with both of them for Kidz Bop Monster Ballads which was, by far, one of the coolest collaborations I've gotten to do. It was such a fun project to work on.

Q: You won "Celebrity Apprentice" and got to distribute your brand of Snapple, yet it's Donald Trump's face that dominates the bottle. How come?
A: Look, I'm not trying to compete with Donald Trump-- I'm just honored to share a label with him.

http://www.timesonline.com/entertainment/michaels-talking-poison/article_babb22a2-6120-5eb5-8b71-8e902b145a60.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2011, 01:28:39 PM »

From Bret Michaels:

August 5, 2011

Q: As Poison celebrates 25 years together, are you surprised the band is still at it?

A: I think I did imagine a lifelong career with them. Life is about loyalty to me ? you stick together. I?m still amazed by Poison and by what we?ve done together in our career so far. We turned nothing into something. And we never faked it. Being real more times is the one ingredient that leads to longevity, and 25 years later, here we are. I honestly believe that having that kind of experience behind us, we?re a better band than we have ever been. Poison loves to give our fans a great show, and obviously we aren?t kids anymore, but it?s still about having a great time. And that?s what it?s always been about.

Q: What are the band?s plans for the future? Any new music?

A: We recently released a 25-year greatest hits package that came out last May called ?Double Dose of Poison: Ultimate Hits.? As far as writing all new material, I?m not sure when that will happen. But I?m sure that it will one day. I love writing music and I love those guys. When the time is right and the inspiration hits, I?m sure we?ll all find ourselves back in the studio together. But the bottom line is that both Poison and my solo career have co-existed for quite some time now. They are each a huge part of my life, and I will certainly continue to put my all into both. I also have a solo album out this fall called ?Get Your Rock On,? so be on the lookout for that.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/lifestyles/local/this-year-michaels-brings-the-band-to-sturgis/article_148f71d2-be1d-11e0-abcb-001cc4c03286.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2011, 05:16:55 PM »

From Rikki Rockett:

July 29

?The music has withstood the test of time, and that?s a huge part of (Poison?s longevity). You can say they sounded a little trendy (in the ?80s), but not really. The song structures are really more like ?70s song structures,? Rockett said.

Despite the enormous egos of both Poison and Motley Crue ? ?If you don?t have some kind of an ego in a rock band, you?ll collapse,? the drummer said with a laugh ? Rockett claimed there is no rivalry between the two acts.

?I?m not trying to show up Motley Crue. I don?t look at what Tommy Lee does and then try to steal something from him. It?s just not like that. And he doesn?t do that. They have their thing, and we have ours,? Rockett said.

http://www.timesleader.com/entertainment/still_dosing_out_music_25_years_later_07-28-2011.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »

Bret Michaels On Celebrity Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_MggJDhJcI

Bret Michaels Reality Shows In The Works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fl2c2d-CZg

Bret Michaels Teams Up With Petco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJJebaZQVU8

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #293 on: October 27, 2011, 01:09:39 PM »

Poison Responds to Song Theft Allegations (Exclusive)

10/27/2011

Poison, one of the most successful hair metal bands of the 1980s, is striking back in response to a new lawsuit that claims four hit songs were stolen a quarter century ago from another band. A lawyer for the group led by frontman-turned-reality-TV-celebrity Bret Michaels tells THR how the rock stars intend to defeat the copyright infringement claims. Put in lyrical form, it might go like this: Every rose has its thorn, just like every claim has its dawn, just as every sleeping plaintiff sings a sad, sad song.

The insanely long-gestating lawsuit was filed last week in Illinois federal court by Billy McCarthy and James Stonich, who were members of a Chicago band known as Kid Rocker, formerly signed to Atlantic Records and a fixture on the Hollywood club scene. In court papers, McCarthy and Stonich describe auditioning future Poison guitarist C.C. DeVille in 1984, and showing him songs they allege would become the basis for later Poison hits.

Mark D. Passin, attorney for the members of the group Poison, says the claims have absolutely no merit.

"Poison will vigorously defend against the baseless accusations alleged in the complaint," he says. "Obviously, if the Poison songs that are the subject of the complaint infringed any songs written by Plaintiffs McCarthy and Stonich they would have filed their lawsuit over 20 years ago when Poison released the albums on which the songs are embodied. It is unfortunate that success in the entertainment business often invites unmeritorious lawsuits."

Song theft allegations are not unusual, but it's not every day that a band faces allegations over material created so long ago.

In making the claim, Daniel Voelker, the attorney representing the plaintiffs, pointed to Taylor v. Meirick, a 1983 decision at the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals that suggested "the statute of limitations does not begin to run on a continuing wrong till the wrong is over and done with" and that plaintiffs could "reach back and get damages for the entire duration of the alleged violation."

Passin responds with his own case citations. He says: "In subsequent decisions, including one written by Chief Justice Posner, the 7th Circuit has held that the continuing wrong theory discussed in Taylor v. Meirick does not entitle a plaintiff to reach back and get damages beyond three years if, for example, the plaintiff knew or with the exercise of reasonable diligence would have known of the wrongful act."

In answering the lawsuit, Poison also intends to seek dismissal of the claims under the doctrine of laches because the Plaintiffs delayed too long before filing their lawsuit and that delay prejudiced Poison.

As for the intriguing question of why it took Kid Rocker members more than two decades to launch a claim, Poison's lawyer promises to get sworn answers about this during the litigation.

Here's one of the songs in dispute -- Poison's "Talk Dirty To Me"

The plaintiffs say that the song was stolen from them, and Poison shot this music video in order to avoid being dropped by their record label at the time.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/poison-responds-song-theft-allegations-254156

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #294 on: January 10, 2012, 03:33:42 PM »

SX: Bret Michaels Song And Video ?Get Your Ride On? To Premiere Tonight On SPEED

Bret Michaels lends his musical talents to the Monster Energy Supercross season with an exclusive song and video that will premiere on SPEED tonight.

(Scroll down to the video Bret Michaels theme song)

http://www.speedtv.com/video/popup/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #295 on: February 20, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »

Cross Complaint Filed in Bret Michaels Lawsuit Against Tony Awards

February 19, 2012

Weingarten Brown LLP announced in a statement that "defendants CBS Broadcasting, Inc., Tony Awards Productions, White Cherry Entertainment, Inc. and others involved in producing the 2009 Tony Awards, where Rock Star Bret Michaels sustained life-threatening head injuries, filed a Third Party Complaint in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York against third-party Rock of Ages Broadway LLC."

Their statement continues that "Michaels was leaving the stage after performing with the Rock of Ages cast when a set piece was lowered, striking him on the head, throwing him to the ground, and resulting in a near-fatal brain hemorrhage." In their complaint, says Weingarten, "the third-party plaintiffs do not dispute the extent of Michaels? injuries, but rather simply seek to shift the blame ? denying any negligence on their part and alleging that Rock of Ages is either directly responsible for Michaels? injuries, or must indemnify the defendants if a jury determines they were at fault."

?This is a desperate act. The producers of the Tony Awards and their co-defendants cannot credibly deny that they almost killed Bret while he was performing with the cast of Rock of Ages, so instead they are trying to point the finger elsewhere,? said Alex Weingarten, managing partner of Weingarten Brown LLP, counsel for Bret Michaels. ?CBS and the rest of the defendants are just grasping at straws. It was their negligence that injured Bret, and it was then their decision to try to profit from his injuries by joking about them and playing them for ratings. We did not drag Rock of Ages into this, and Bret has nothing but the utmost respect for them, their production and the performers who were on stage and in harm?s way with him that night.?

Weingarten also notes that "After the injury, Michaels? repeatedly attempted to resolve the matter amicably and out-of-court in an effort to avoid adding to the already substantial publicity surrounding the accident. The Tony Awards could have ? but did not ? take advantage of the standard broadcast delay to prevent the video from being transmitted. The incident became an Internet mainstay, and at one point was one of the 10 most-viewed clips on YouTube. The Tony Awards and its producers have yet to apologize to Michaels, let alone take responsibility for the severe injuries they caused. Instead, defendants have sought to point the blame first at Michaels himself, and now at Rock of Ages."

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Cross-Complaint-Filed-in-Brett-Michaels-Lawsuit-Against-Tony-Awards-20120219

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »

BRET MICHAELS On Possibility Of POISON Tour: 'We're Close To Making It Happen'

Bret Michaels has told Tampa Bay Times in a new interview that he is hopeful POISON will hit the road again in 2017. "It'd be great for Bobby [Dall, bass] and C.C. [DeVille, guitar] and Rikki [Rockett, drums] and I to just be out there and have three months," he said. "It's on my wish list, we're close to making it happen, and I know they want to do it, and they'll have a great time doing it."

Michaels hinted in several 2016 interviews that POISON would re-team with DEF LEPPARD for a U.S. tour in 2017. But LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen later told the 106.9 The Eagle radio station that he knew nothing about the proposed pairing.

POISON and DEF LEPPARD first hit the road together back in 2009, and then again three years later.

POISON appeared at the 2013 Indy 500 Miller Lite Carb Day, but has otherwise been mostly playing private shows, including one in January 2015.

The band hasn't done any major touring since taking part in the 2012 "Rock Of Ages" trek with DEF LEPPARD and LITA FORD.

Rockett was recently declared cancer free after undergoing an experimental treatment. He was diagnosed with oral cancer back in 2015.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: