Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:41:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Poison
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poison  (Read 87130 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »

Bret Michaels interviewed on Live With Regis And Kelly this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK17E4Dby_g

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »

Bret Michaels interviewed on Live With Regis And Kelly this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK17E4Dby_g

Here's his performance of Every Rose Has It's Thorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPsHhNFnJjI

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »

Covers for kids

"Celebrity Apprentice" winner Bret Michaels has a few new pint-size bandmates. The former Poison frontman recorded a version of his hit "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" with daughters Raine and Jorja for the new children's album, "Kidz Bop Sings Monster Ballads," out on May 17. It will include covers of hair-band hits such as Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" and Guns N' Roses' "Patience."

Now, Monster Ballads fans can share the power ballad experience with their kids (big hair and all)! For the first time ever, the #1 power ballad series is meeting the #1 kids' music brand, KIDZ BOP?for KIDZ BOP Sings Monster Ballads. KIDZ BOP Sings Monster Ballads includes 16 hair band classics from the 80s and 90s?'sung by kids for kids,' including:

Every Rose Has It's Thorn (featuring Bret Michaels on guitar with Raine and Jorja Michaels)
Heaven
The Flame
Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone
Is This Love
Home Sweet Home
Patience
I Remember You
When I See You Smile
Forever
Wind Of Change
High Enough
Love Of A Lifetime
Wait
Carrie
Love Song

http://www.myspace.com/bretmichaelsofpoison/blog/542690578
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:39:13 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »

Covers for kids

"Celebrity Apprentice" winner Bret Michaels has a few new pint-size bandmates. The former Poison frontman recorded a version of his hit "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" with daughters Raine and Jorja for the new children's album, "Kidz Bop Sings Monster Ballads," out on May 17. It will include covers of hair-band hits such as Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" and Guns N' Roses' "Patience."

Now, Monster Ballads fans can share the power ballad experience with their kids (big hair and all)! For the first time ever, the #1 power ballad series is meeting the #1 kids' music brand, KIDZ BOP?for KIDZ BOP Sings Monster Ballads. KIDZ BOP Sings Monster Ballads includes 16 hair band classics from the 80s and 90s?'sung by kids for kids,' including:

Every Rose Has It's Thorn (featuring Bret Michaels on guitar with Raine and Jorja Michaels)
Heaven
The Flame
Is This Love
Home Sweet Home
Patience
I Remember You
When I See You Smile
Forever
Wind Of Change
High Enough
Love Of A Lifetime
Wait
Carrie
Love Song

That's pretty cool, for the young kids at least.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »

From Bret Michaels:

'There's a certain science to wrecking (stuff) that people don't understand'

He says, the following primer is how a rock star gets motivated to destroy a hotel room:

"What starts to creep in is frustration. Then what creeps in is a bad phone call from an agent (or a promoter) who's (messed) you over.

"Then, something gets a backhand slap on the counter. Then you're mad that you broke something valuable that you own. This is where it goes to the next level.

"The TV is the only thing you gotta be careful of. You don't want it to go out the window.

"But if you're gonna smash it, you have to take one breath and clear the area below. Like golf, you yell, 'Fore!' Then out goes the TV. You don't want to get anyone killed or injured.

"And you don't want to get sued because you'll get angrier and wreck another room. It's a vicious cycle.

"There's a certain science to wrecking (stuff) that people don't understand."

http://www.lvrj.com/news/michaels-sheen-was-a-quick-study-120685779.html

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2011, 11:25:44 PM »

Haha, you gotta laugh at some of the stuff Bret comes out with...

He's almost like a walking parody of Spinal Tap or something.  rofl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »

After a thorny year, it's all roses for Bret Michaels

Poison frontman sounds off on Miley, reality TV and a Trump presidency

4/26/2011

Unlike Robert De Niro and Jerry Seinfeld, Michaels said he?d support a Trump run for the presidency.

?He is one of the best decision makers and delegators,? Michaels said. ?He is one of those guys that basically is a ?get it done? guy. Here?s the upside: he won?t (fool) around with the politics of politics. He?s gonna go in there and he?s like me ? the reason I think I won ?Apprentice? is I didn?t play by any of the rules. I went in there and said if I win every battle, I win the war. And I think because Donald Trump can put our economy back in shape, let people put the money in their pockets and decide what they want to do.

?The downside will be that I?m not sure that he?s gonna be happy with the way actual politics run. I call it the Agency Shuffle ? you have to be at the right party at the right time at the right dinner. His downside is gonna be how long anything takes to get done. Politics is almost a game of campaigning more than actually doing.?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42764571

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »

Bret Michaels discusses Miley's mom, The Donald and his own party plans

Having an affair with a friend's wife is "not my style," he says.

"Tish -- me and her were working on a film. We were working on a Miley song. She's beautiful, but that's the problem.

" 'Good Morning America' -- I was getting ready to go up and do 'Every Rose' with Miley in Central Park in New York, and they took a bunch of pictures of me and Tish standing there."

Media ran the photos, implying they were a "couple" and "Billy's nowhere to be seen."

"I'm, like, wait a minute. I flew in from Charlotte last night, landed at 3 in the morning, didn't sleep, did the show, and flew back to Raleigh (N.C.) for the next show. But it made for interesting news."

At least Billy didn't punch him in the nose, he says.

"The Tony Awards already broke my nose," he jokes. "I don't need it broke again!"

http://www.lvrj.com/neon/bret-michaels-discusses-miley-s-mom-the-donald-and-his-own-party-plans-121375914.html?ref=914

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #268 on: May 09, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »

Bret Michaels Interview 4/27/11

In Part 1, we talk about the upcoming Amarillo show on Friday night, his latest CD ?Custom Built,? his love for a certain Sublime tune and how Brett will spend part of his day at BSA.

Part 2, we talk about Diabetes and a myth or two associated with it, also my big pressing question, ?when is the autobiography coming out?? and what we can expect from the ?Roses & Thorns? book.

Part 3, we find out more about the ?Roses & Thorns? autobiography and whether it will be just a ?dirt? book, he reveals something that fans don?t know about him, where he sees himself in 5-10 years from now and a ?father?s moment.?

Part 4, in this final segment of our interview we find out the song that is the ?closest? to his heart and his proudest moment(s) personally and professionally.

On a personal note, I would like to thank Bret for his time during this interview. This was set up to only be about 10 minutes long, but we went closer t0 20 minutes. So, thank you for a great interview experience.

http://987jackfm.com/bret-michaels-interview-42711/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #269 on: May 09, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »

Covers for kids

Heaven
The Flame
Is This Love
Home Sweet Home
Patience
I Remember You
When I See You Smile
Forever
Wind Of Change
High Enough
Love Of A Lifetime
Wait
Carrie
Love Song

That's pretty cool, for the young kids at least.

You can listen to "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k2D7IfcO0w

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #270 on: May 12, 2011, 01:20:47 PM »

Bret Michaels talks health, Motley Crue and Donald Trump

Q: Are you looking forward to the Motley Crue tour?

Bret Michaels: There was a lot of controversy between Motley Crue and Poison, just some comments they had made about how "We're not gonna do that kind of tour." I had said something on stage, like "Wouldn't it be awesome if for Poison's 25th Anniversary and Motley Crue's 30th, for there to be a tour we did together?" And a couple of the members of their band made some pretty derogatory comments. I just said, "The hell with it. I'm gonna do my own tour." Then, Nikki (Sixx) said, "I'm really sorry about some of the comments some of the members made. I really want to do this." So I think it's gonna be a great tour.

Q: How have the members of Poison been getting along?

Bret Michaels: You couldn't put four more different people in a room and try to make a band, so when that chemistry is on and it works, it's unbelievably great. There's just this fire and this energy. And when it goes bad, it goes horribly bad. We've had knock-down drag-out fistfights on stage. But now? Today? Even though we still have four completely different personalities, I think we're getting along a lot better.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/music/articles/2011/05/10/20110510interview-bret-michaels-health-motley-crue-donald-trump.html#ixzz1M9xQqiZR

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »

^^^

NIKKI SIXX Says He Never Apologized To BRET MICHAELS For Comments About POISON - May 14, 2011

Despite Bret Michaels' claim to the contrary, M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx says that he never apologized to the POISON singer for derogatory comments CR?E made about Bret's band.

In a brand new interview with The Arizona Republic, Michaels was asked if was looking forward to this summer's POISON / M?TLEY CR?E tour. "There was a lot of controversy between M?TLEY CR?E and POISON, just some comments they had made about how 'We're not gonna do that kind of tour,'" Michaels replied. "I had said something on stage, like 'Wouldn't it be awesome if for POISON's 25th anniversary and M?TLEY CR?E's 30th, for there to be a tour we did together?' And a couple of the members of their band made some pretty derogatory comments. I just said, 'The hell with it. I'm gonna do my own tour.' Then, Nikki said, 'I'm really sorry about some of the comments some of the members made. I really want to do this.' So I think it's gonna be a great tour."

Responding to Bret's remarks from The Arizona Republic interview, Sixx wrote on his Twitter, "Just to clarify, Bret Michaels recently said I apologized to him about derogatory comments that M?TLEY made about POISON in the past and that isn't what I said. What I did say was 'I personally never had anything against you guys as a people but M?TLEY just sorta though you sucked as band but let's give the fans what they want and go out and have a good time.'"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158128

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »

^^^

NIKKI SIXX Says He Never Apologized To BRET MICHAELS For Comments About POISON - May 14, 2011

Despite Bret Michaels' claim to the contrary, M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx says that he never apologized to the POISON singer for derogatory comments CR?E made about Bret's band.

In a brand new interview with The Arizona Republic, Michaels was asked if was looking forward to this summer's POISON / M?TLEY CR?E tour. "There was a lot of controversy between M?TLEY CR?E and POISON, just some comments they had made about how 'We're not gonna do that kind of tour,'" Michaels replied. "I had said something on stage, like 'Wouldn't it be awesome if for POISON's 25th anniversary and M?TLEY CR?E's 30th, for there to be a tour we did together?' And a couple of the members of their band made some pretty derogatory comments. I just said, 'The hell with it. I'm gonna do my own tour.' Then, Nikki said, 'I'm really sorry about some of the comments some of the members made. I really want to do this.' So I think it's gonna be a great tour."

Responding to Bret's remarks from The Arizona Republic interview, Sixx wrote on his Twitter, "Just to clarify, Bret Michaels recently said I apologized to him about derogatory comments that M?TLEY made about POISON in the past and that isn't what I said. What I did say was 'I personally never had anything against you guys as a people but M?TLEY just sorta though you sucked as band but let's give the fans what they want and go out and have a good time.'"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158128

If there ever was a need for a facepalm, this is the perfect moment...

For heaven sake Nikki, who do you think you are?. It's not a big deal if what Bret said wasn't exactly what happened, although it seemed pretty close to me. Why does Nikkia always have to come off as such a badass, who has no respect for anyone.  Angry

Bret has always been cool about Crue, and I personally like Poison better. But no, Nikki has to turn a nice comment that Bret said around, just to keep his hardman image..... fuckin joke.  rant
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »

Motley Crue aren't exactly the greatest thing since sliced bread either. A pretty ok band but not leaps and bounds above Poisoin.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »

For heaven sake Nikki, who do you think you are?. It's not a big deal if what Bret said wasn't exactly what happened, although it seemed pretty close to me. Why does Nikkia always have to come off as such a badass, who has no respect for anyone.  Angry

Bret has always been cool about Crue, and I personally like Poison better. But no, Nikki has to turn a nice comment that Bret said around, just to keep his hardman image..... fuckin joke.  rant

I disagree.  I was happy to see Nikki Sixx come out and say they are doing this just for the fans who want it and obviously for money.  If he were to treat Poison as legitimate tour mates I would lose all respect for Motley Crue.  Poison fucking sucks.  They are everything that is wrong with rock music, they are fake, contrived, just utter commercial garbage.  I don't want them to co-exist, I want Motley to blow them off the stage every night.  Who cares if Bret has always been cool about the Crue, he fucking sucks.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2011, 06:44:12 AM »

I disagree.  I was happy to see Nikki Sixx come out and say they are doing this just for the fans who want it and obviously for money.  If he were to treat Poison as legitimate tour mates I would lose all respect for Motley Crue.  Poison fucking sucks.  They are everything that is wrong with rock music, they are fake, contrived, just utter commercial garbage.  I don't want them to co-exist, I want Motley to blow them off the stage every night.  Who cares if Bret has always been cool about the Crue, he fucking sucks.

Jesus, how can you not dig Unskinny Bop Bop Bop Bop... hihi

But seriously, never liked Crues' self worth attitude, as if they are gods or something. At least Poison have never pretended to be something they were not, they've always been out there to have a good time, and have a laugh in their own way.  ok

Now Crue on the other hand, they like to think they are still badass motherfuckers, who party all the time and always get laid. Some of it might be true, but I'm gettin sick of them propping themself up like they created the whole glam/sleaze genre.  Tongue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2011, 04:22:57 PM »

One more round on this...

BRET MICHAELS Responds To NIKKI SIXX's Latest 'Trash-Talking' - May 19, 2011

Bret Michaels has responded to Nikki Sixx's recent "trash-talking," inisisting that the M?TLEY CR?E bassist did, in fact, apologize to the POISON singer for saying "a lot of bad crap" about Bret's band.

During an exclusive interview with Michaels yesterday (Wednesday, May 18), AOL's Noisecreep asked the rocker if he felt comfortable commenting on the recent Sixx mudslinging.

"No, I love it and I hope you can help me put this to rest," Michaels said. "I'm going to be very blunt and honest. When my career started, Nikki and I hung out and I remember telling him there were some CR?E songs that I absolutely liked ? I took a positive approach to things. You can look back at old photos me and Nikki with our Harley's. We used to ride together because we had a house down the street from each other. At the time, both of our careers had just started and our records had hit. We would go out and party together, I would even join the CR?E on stage and sing. Everything was great.

"Now at one point ? I think it was in the mid-'90s ? POISON and BON JOVI were playing the arenas. Our 'Native Tongue' album [1993] had sold a million copies and BON JOVI's album, 'Keep The Faith' [1992], was at about 1.5 million or something and at one point in the middle there, M?TLEY CR?E changed singers all this stuff."

"That's around the period when Nikki decided to brand his band differently," Michaels continued. "What confused me about that time period was when Nikki said that Vince [Neil, CR?E singer] and I were kind of ridiculous. Now these are his words, 'You and Vince are kind of the same ? you don't really pick and choose your fans, you just kind of go out and play music.' Well, I thought that's what music was about. I didn't know I was supposed to decide which fan can like or not like my music.

"I did Nikki's radio show about two months ago and it was an absolutely great day. We talked about the tour and everything was cool. Now on the show he says to me, 'Bret, man, what's going on? Let's take a picture together,' and so on. We also did all of this television press for the tour in Los Angeles together and everything was great.

"He even apologized to me and said, 'I sort of said a lot of bad crap about you guys, but you're actually a relevant band,' and he went in and said some other good stuff about a month ago. I got a text from Nikki two weeks ago saying, 'Hey bro, excited to see you on the road!' But then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I hear about him talking trash about us again. I can't keep up [laughts]!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158353

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #277 on: May 19, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »

Nikki comes off kinda douchey but make no mistake about it, Motley are on a WAYYYYYYYYY higher level than Poison

Vince and Bret are kind of a wash but Tommy is way better than Rikki don't get me started on Mick over CC, not even close. song wise, just listen to Motley Red Whiteand Crue greatest hits then listen to Poisons greatest hits

case closed.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »

blah,blah,blah....I just don't understand why crap like this gets started, so what if Motley's better, so what if some say Poison sucks. I personally like both groups and always have since they started. I wouldn't be afraid to say that both bands share a lot of fans. Sounds like Nikki is worried about his reputation or something.

If you don't like either band, don't listen to them. I just don't understand why it makes a lot of folks mad to see Poison, or even Motley for that matter as a successful rock group.

They never claim to be anything but rock n' roll, how is that phony?
 Want phony? check out country music, that's a big fat joke!

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2011, 03:21:28 PM »

blah,blah,blah....I just don't understand why crap like this gets started, so what if Motley's better, so what if some say Poison sucks. I personally like both groups and always have since they started. I wouldn't be afraid to say that both bands share a lot of fans. Sounds like Nikki is worried about his reputation or something.

If you don't like either band, don't listen to them. I just don't understand why it makes a lot of folks mad to see Poison, or even Motley for that matter as a successful rock group.

the problem is sharing the stage with Poison.  I could care less how successful Poison is, there are far worse bands that Poison who are successful...its the fact that Motley is touring with them and giving them some type of legitimacy.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: