Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock am Ring on GERMAN TV!! confirmed!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock am Ring on GERMAN TV!! confirmed!  (Read 68654 times)
Liquid Drum
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »

SERIOUSLY guys....? ?i saw gnr on 2nd of june and 2nd of july....

his voice at rock am ring was far superior to his voice in holland, which was a month later. so i don?t know about his voice improving during the tour. i mean yeah.... maybe he had an off night in holland, because they played the day before in zurich, but you definitely can?t say that his voice is better because the concert was later on the tour ok

ya but if you look at his voice on some of those UK gigs it was stronger than both of those shows.? ?Its just a matter of having on and off nights.

Yup.

Axl was on fire at the NEC gig, I also have hard evidence - but you'll hear about it in time...  Lips Sealed
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »

well i just saw the brodcast, first it is great to see GNR on TV it is so rare especially here in europe (compared to lucky south americans).

secondly i am glad that i didnt go to see this shitty live band on their last european tour this year.

axl is ok even good but oh god the rest of the nobodies as i like to call them i cant believe how they shit songs a lot especially that fucking very bad drummer, pleaze man just go back to learn the intro of brownstone, you play it so wrong, same for you could be mine, please MATT come back thats an emergency.

plus 3 guitarists is probably too much one start a solo the second continues it & the 3rd ends it, what a mess to follow, the cameramen were all lost & i can understand that.
about the guitarist who plays the intro of paradise, please go back & practice a lot, you dont have the sound the notes & the rythm. 

about finck he was supposed to be the best guitarist of those nu gnr, well he is the one who respects the less the notes of the soli, all soli he does are almost all fucked.
just a big thanks to bumblefoot for the final solo of novelmber rain, really well played, but almost the only one in 90 minutes of broadcast.

well i still love axl voice & will alwqays love that guy but he is not very helped with those nobodies around, I WANT THE REAL GNR BACK, or just dont call that shitty band GNR but only axl & boyz band.

How original, you are entitled to your opinions but alot of people are going to disagree with you here. The old band are never coming back, get over it, actually go and see the band and then come on here and moan. I saw them play Wembely with a couple of friends who wernt Guns n Roses fans, i dragged them there, they came out at the end of the show ranting about how it was the best show they had ever been to in their life! This band rocks and once CD appears and they start playing the fuck out of it people will see the light!

Jonx
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #342 on: August 11, 2006, 09:39:09 AM »

Limulus, do you reckon your recording is better than the direct-feed version on Dime? Cus the one looks mighty good, and I think there's room to fit the 2 Download Festival songs on the disc too?

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
danijel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: August 11, 2006, 09:49:05 AM »

I saw the whole thing on tv.

My opinion:

First, Axl was great, he sounded great,he looked great, lost a litte edge though...but he still has that aura !  ok

On the other hand...I got used to the idea of a "new band" before I saw this...but man, this band can't rock 'n' roll at all, especially brain ruins it, he doesn't have the groove and the feel to do it. The guitarists, with the exception of Fortus still suck really bad, now I miss the old band more than ever. I couldn't stop myself from thinking: "This is ALL wrong" during the entire show. It's simply not working. During the new songs, to me it looked like Axl felt the same way, you can see a difference there...the new songs weren't written by a functioning rock 'n' roll band, that's why they don't work live. When "better" came up the quality (song-wise) dropped so much after the great first songs...sad. Robin hurried to get through the opening riff of "sweet child" and realized it, you can see that as well...he's still scared to play that...but who wouldn't ? And so on....
My conclusion:
This is ALL wrong.
It's just not working.

I'm not a hater, I so wanted to enjoy this and everybody who truly does enjoy it, more power to you !  beer
But really, if you're  REALLY, REALLY honest about it....oh well !

I agree with you
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #344 on: August 11, 2006, 09:50:29 AM »

Limulus, do you reckon your recording is better than the direct-feed version on Dime? Cus the one looks mighty good, and I think there's room to fit the 2 Download Festival songs on the disc too?

He already answered and said the version on DIME will be similar to his.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2006, 11:02:40 AM »

IRS video, thanks to gunners @ www.gnrfrance.net: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N53MSJ0T

RaspAxl
Rocker

우유빛깔액슬로즈

« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2006, 11:11:53 AM »

you are a god  peace

gimme some Rasp, Axl!!
http://blog.daum.net/raspaxl
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2006, 11:23:59 AM »

thanks will!

it's like zweifel said, you are obviousely GOD! ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Steel_Angel
« Reply #348 on: August 11, 2006, 11:35:41 AM »

thank you very much.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #349 on: August 11, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »

sweet...thanks for the updates and links  Wink

crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: August 11, 2006, 12:06:35 PM »

only heared the blues so far, but I don't think it was a patch on other versions I've got (boston '01/02 for example) maybe the others will be better. I'm not slating them, I was at hammersmith, and it was fucking off the wall
Steel_Angel
« Reply #351 on: August 11, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »

Will, marry me?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2006, 12:14:10 PM »

Sorry, I'm already engaged! Grin

And here's The Blues: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6LFZ414L

Thanks again to gunners at www.gnrfrance.net for this.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:15:44 PM by Will » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2006, 12:22:50 PM »

did they not show Out ta get me, Ron's solo, Beautiful or Madagascar on TV? That kinda sucks rant

Liquid Drum
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2006, 12:23:18 PM »

I got the audio from newguns.com and there is no Out ta get me or Ron solo or beautiful or Madagascar? did they not play them?

They broadcast the whole show except solos, Out Ta Get Me, and Madagascar AFAIK.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2006, 12:24:28 PM »

I got the audio from newguns.com and there is no Out ta get me or Ron solo or beautiful or Madagascar? did they not play them?

They broadcast the whole show except solos, Out Ta Get Me, and Madagascar AFAIK.

thanks Smiley that sucks though Undecided

odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2006, 12:25:57 PM »

did they not show Out ta get me, Ron's solo, Beautiful or Madagascar on TV? That kinda sucks rant

nah, thats OK ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2006, 12:27:15 PM »

nah, thats OK ok

not if i want the whole show Cry

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #358 on: August 11, 2006, 12:27:53 PM »

I just wish that show was at or near the end of this tour.

It would have been a 1.000.000.000 times better.

Not that it isn't great now... I mean come one, it's Guns N' Fuckin Roses...  beer

Oh, and I'm sorry but I have to merge this thread with the one that already exists about RAR.  Undecided
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:29:35 PM by Christos AG » Logged

mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #359 on: August 11, 2006, 12:28:02 PM »

It's a shame, OTGM is one of my favourite songs, especially live, there's so much intensity to it. Still can't have everything- my download's at 37% now, so only a day or so before I can watch the DVD!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: