Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 02:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS IN VEGAS!!! CONFIRMED!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS IN VEGAS!!! CONFIRMED!!!!!  (Read 21069 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2006, 06:10:57 AM »

That is narroe minded thinking imo, there has always been evolution in bands and what lind of band and such, for instance back in the 60's my dad was bass player for a band called olive, they consisted of a lead guitar, bass, female and male lead vocals, drummer.  Had they not a asshole manager who fucked over the female lead singer, things were looking good, poin tis look later on to bands like Fleetwood MAc, and other bands that had different configurations, its obviously been Axls vison, he wanted to do it with Slash and the others but they wanted no part, (Ego perhaps). BUT seriously, I liked Bucket and I like BBF, and seems things are goin right they way Axl has invisioned he wants the band so not to disrespect you nes, but we really need to see what CD brings, to really see how it all works out in the end.

BUt as far as Im concerned seeing them playu was a feast for the eyes and ears, so many things always goin on, makes goin to see the band numerous times so worth while to listen to or key in on members playing, while still absorbing the show as a whole.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2006, 07:17:53 AM »

Yeah, the new stuff has been written with three guitarists in mind so i dont think Bumblefoot has been given the chance to shine yet. I've said it before and i will say it again.... most of the songs on Appetite were arranged and recorded with three or more guitars, Slash doubled up on alot of songs to beef them out. The old songs that this band play are more true to the recordings than they ever were back in the old days!

I dont think we will see anymore new material on the US tour though, i recon America is going to get the exact same set. This is 2002 all over again except they are actually going to follow through with CD after the end of the tour. Just my opinion

Jonx
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2006, 07:32:34 AM »

Yeah right, and I think they also need 20 guitar players to play "you ain't the first", man it's too complicated for Richard and Robin, there are so many guitar parts there! way way too complicated for them?hihi
Anyway, to be more serious, they might play Rhyad and Catcher... they were on the setlist of the European tour I think? Wink
I'd like to hear Catcher in the Rye Smiley
Can't wait for september? beer
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 07:42:53 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2006, 07:44:12 AM »

Yeah right, and I think they need 20 guitar players to play "you ain't the first", man it's too complicated for Richard and Robin, there are so many guitar parts there! way way too cmplicated for 2 players  hihi
Anyway, to be more serious and less sarcastic, they might play Rhyad and Catcher... they were on the setlist of the European tour I think. and believe me, I really, really can't see 3 guitar players on Catcher in the Rye rofl

Im just saying that for all we know the 40 or so songs they claim to have recorded are probably written around 3 main guitarists, not 2 like in the old band, that is why Bumblefoot is there, that is why he will remain there. I can see 3 guitarists playing Catcher in the Rye, all you do is have 2 playing the rythem parts, it makes the whole live sound of the band much warmer, thats the only word i can think of to describe it, it just sounds better in my opinion. You must have seen some of the bootlegs of the old band, especially in the Gilby days when you could barely hear the rythem guitar, to me, when i watch those performances they just sound so empty. They are still amazing because Slash is one hell of a player but i do prefer this current line up with the extra guitarist, but thats just personal preference.

Jonx
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2006, 10:35:53 AM »

I looked into flights from Detroit to Vegas for the day before the 1st show and flying back the day after the second show. I was able to come up with just under $300 round trip. I have comps at Terribles, so I won't have to pay for a hotel. Anyone know how much tickets are gonna be yet? I just may do this...

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2006, 11:10:06 AM »

i like the idea of gnr playing the joint again ok

the vegas shows were always special for the new band.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2006, 11:43:08 AM »

i like the idea of gnr playing the joint again ok

the vegas shows were always special for the new band.

While I was in NYC for the Hammerstein shows I met two guys from Chicago who said they'd gone to Vegas for the 01 show. It be cool to meet up w/ them again in Vegas this time around. Thats why I'm trying to look into flights, ticket prices and availabilty and shit.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2006, 12:43:40 PM »

Yeah, I'd like to see them play some more small places as everyone else does, but I just hope they sound like a funnel in an ass.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2006, 12:44:45 PM »

Found a nice airfare... $189 r/t.

I'm not going to book it until Saturday to make sure the tickets actually go onsale.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2006, 12:56:36 PM »

Man, these next few days are going to be tricky. Going away tomorrow until Friday. I will have my DS (I guess with me) with the browser, so I can buy the tickets if there is a presale while Im gone. If there is no presale ...then I guess its 10 a.m. Saturday to try and get the tickets. But my cousins birthday party starts at 10 on saturday. Obviously getting these tickets is more important and in time I would hope my cuz would understand. I am nervous as shit  because this Vegas is still uncertain if we will be able to even get tickets. I want to go to that Saturday show soooo bad....

....oh and Snakes on a Plane starts Friday....

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2006, 12:57:46 PM »

I don't know what to do if I'm gettin tix on the regular onsale.

I will be in Vegas on vacation Satuday morning.

Do I go online in my room or go to the Joint box office?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »

I'd love to hear a 2006 version of Oh My God with Axl's voice sounding bad ass once again.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »

Dude Is there definitely a presale...I thought it was said if there was enough demand, so this didn't sound certain, you know? If there is a presale my ass will find a computer with a connection to buy the tickets ASAP! I did sign up (though I am realizing I need to give Jarmo a different email).

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »

Well it seems likely.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2006, 01:34:06 PM »

Well it seems likely.

...so sweet! I wonder how this will go down. Like do we have notice, or do we have to keep hitting refresh on our email, and hope that we will have a message with a password or something from Jarmo or Mysteron?

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2006, 01:45:09 PM »

The shows are all ages for anyone who was wondering. peace
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »

I'm not going to book it until Saturday to make sure the tickets actually go onsale.

Holy Crap! Where are you flying from and how'd you get that rate? If I could lower mine, that'd be awesome!

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »

Holy Crap! Where are you flying from and how'd you get that rate? If I could lower mine, that'd be awesome!

go to orbitz
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2006, 02:46:23 PM »

Out of Chicago.  Southwest Airlines.  I'm from Milwaukee, but will fortunately be in Chicago the 2 days before the GnR vegas shows seeing 2 Tom Petty gigs... so ill just fly out from there.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: