Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:41:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on kroq!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on kroq!  (Read 56526 times)
greendog
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 01:47:48 PM »

cheers for that... its good to see axl so positive about everything, wanting to ADD shows and such. its great.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 01:53:18 PM »

Thanks Will... I guess it will be like 4 or 5 AM in London, but who knows... Mr. Rose i usually awake at that times hihi

11PM-2AM in NY will be 4AM-7AM in London and 5AM-8AM in Paris, Madrid, Rome, etc.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »

Does anybody else find the lack of CD news alarming?
I am all over the US tour, but you would think there would be a mention of it. If it is not out during the tour, I would love to know what this is a tour for? To promote what? The gold re-issue of AFD?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 01:57:21 PM »

Does anybody else find the lack of CD news alarming?
I am all over the US tour, but you would think there would be a mention of it. If it is not out during the tour, I would love to know what this is a tour for? To promote what? The gold re-issue of AFD?

Not alarming, but kinda weird for sure. Of course, it will be out when it's ready, but I think it's very, very risky to go on tour in the US without an album, or at least a single out on the radio or a confirmed release date...

madagas
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 02:01:27 PM »

Even announcing the US tour without album news is going to be a big disappointment. Sad
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 02:02:13 PM »

Yeah. Even if he said something like "CD is still on track for fall" or something to that nature would be great. But silence when it comes to CD at this time with the tour gearing up is just dumb. They could use this time for a major marketing attack.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
jkruk88
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 02:03:25 PM »

I agree with Rancid Punx. ?This is ridiculous. ?If hes there for an interview about the tour, take the next step and ask him about the album. ?Dont be scared of him, but the longer we're all left completely in the dark the worse off its gonan be. ?Great to hear theyll be adding more shows but come on, throw us a bone here.
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 02:05:15 PM »

no offence to rhiad, but have we got a second source on this yet?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »

If they add TWAT, CITR and Rhiad on the setlist, it would be the newer songs he talked about? nervous

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006, 02:06:54 PM »

Even announcing the US tour without album news is going to be a big disappointment. Sad

I agree. ?That would be a disappointment. ?However, I'm guessing that in this interview, Axl answered what he was asked. ?If they didn't ask him about the album, he wouldn't have any reason just to bring it up on his own. ?That's not his job to steer the interview.

But, I say wait until if and when there is an announcement on the tour in its entirety. ?Then, if there is no mention of the album, then I think it's fair to be disappointed after what Axl said on Trunk's show.

Ali
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2006, 02:09:28 PM »

Or he could have told them no CD questions.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
EFISH
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2006, 02:21:47 PM »

Just so ya'll know.. I'll record the stream of Trunk's show tonight, but someone else should probably do it too, incase i mess it up. i've recorded a stream once before, and it worked.. but u can never be too sure.

IF he does do Trunk, i'm sure trunk will ask him about CD.. seems that guy knows how to ask the right questions...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2006, 02:24:36 PM »

Why would Axl be on Trunk tonight?

GNR's not coming to the Eastern US any time soon, he was on KROQ to promote the West Coast shows.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2006, 02:25:17 PM »

Nobody else heard it? Can anyone confirm it?

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2006, 02:26:57 PM »

That's true, but either way, no questions asked about the album means no information on the album is divulged.

Ali
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2006, 02:28:41 PM »

Why would Axl be on Trunk tonight?

GNR's not coming to the Eastern US any time soon, he was on KROQ to promote the West Coast shows.

Why not? (What else to say? There is always hope... Last time he was at KROQ few days after Trunk, so maybe this time he will be on Trunk after KROQ, whatever... maybe he will announce East Coast dates at Trunk. Who knows?)
Origen
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2006, 02:31:10 PM »

Maybe Trunks show just has nothink to do wit this. And also can anyone else confirm this, so far (no offence) only 1 person claims to have heard this
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2006, 02:31:25 PM »

That's true, but either way, no questions asked about the album means no information on the album is divulged.

Ali

You would think he would bring it up himself. Isnt he suppose to be excited about his work? Wants to share it? I mean your touring again.. Usually touring is for promoting something.. hmm like an album. He should be talking about it and if Axl Rose starts openly talking about CD the buzz will start.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2006, 03:27:20 PM »

This whole "an album needs to be released for a tour to be valid" line of thinking seems flawed to me.? If the European tour proved anything, it's that GNR does not necessarily need a new album for a tour to be successful.? I know a lot of you want to think otherwise, but a GNR tour means one thing: money.? GNR can still successfully tour and make money without a new album.? People will still pay $90 and up to hear the hits and could care less whether they're not playing TWAT or Better.?

If you think of GNR as a corporation, as a brand name, you can understand why Axl and co. would continue to tour without an album.? I love it how GNR fans seem more concerned about Axl's career than he seems himself.? It's not your career, so what do you care?? Let's be honest, this isn't frustration over GNR touring without an album release.? This is more about frustration about the album not be released period.?

Bottom line: it's his career, let him worry about it.? Go live your life and stop obsessing over his.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 05:37:57 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2006, 03:29:10 PM »

This whole "an album needs to be released for a tour to be valid" line of thinking seems flawed to me.  If the European tour proved anything, it's that GNR does not necessarily need a new album for a tour to be successful.  I know a lot of you want to think otherwise, but a GNR tour means one thing: money.  GNR can still successfully tour and make money without a new album.  People will still pay $90 and up to hear the hits and could care less whether they're not playing TWAT or Better. 

If you think of GNR as a corporation, as a brand name, you can understand why Axl and co. would continue to tour without an album.  I love it how GNR fans seem more concerned about Axl's career and than he seems himself.  It's not your career, so what do you care?  Let's be honest, this isn't frustration over GNR touring without an album release.  This is more about frustration about the album not be released period. 

Bottom line: it's his career, let him worry about it.  Go live yorur life and stop obsessing over his.

may I buy you a beer?  beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: