Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:37:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on kroq!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on kroq!  (Read 56531 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2006, 10:28:26 PM »

If Axl would just put out the CD and the SINGLE and the MUSIC VIDEO then you would no longer hear the same stuff anymore but he still don't do it so until he does all you will hear is the same. Don't blame the messenger. Blame AXL? rant

I blame Axl. And you.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2006, 10:35:46 PM »

it's axl and hired guys ,these people have zero to do with any gnr success it's all coattail riding..

In this case it's also a matter of riding (or playing) those coatails well..

If axl rose hired 7 of us from this forum the shows would still sell out.. So then new have nothing to do with anything.. Guns stood for something, they made it from scratch they lived the life, they took over the world, this is all carry over from the great music we hear all day on any classic rock radio station..

?Mike, are you hitting too many of those Heinekens again??? ?In this post you completely disregard the musical talent of GNR 2006 by saying it could be Axl and 7 people off this board and shows would sell out, and in another post you compare GNR 2006's tour to that of Poison or Cinderella. ?Do I have to say, "Give me a fuckin' break?" ?I guarantee you the average music fan on the street isn't waiting for CD with the same baited breath we are. ?Axl & Co. are smart enough to realize all new music won't put more fannies in the seats. ?Like today for instance, a co-worker of mine sees WTTJ from Rock-Am-Ring for the 1st time and is left open-mouthed and amazed. ?The overwhelming opinion of the American public (which isn't always known for its intelligence) thinks Axl is fat and can't sing anymore. ?Seeing these guys do what GNR does best is a start. ?People say, "Holy shit, he can still rock!" Now I'd like to see what these guys can do together...and then bam, Chinese Democracy this Fall!
 ?It's always sad to see the core fans hating on the band. ? peace

PS Mike, don't take that as an insult. ?I chalk it up to the insanity of a long, long wait. ?We all go through periods of insanity just waiting. ?I'm thinking of drawing a face on a volleyball and talking to it until the release of CD. ? hihi ? ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #242 on: August 22, 2006, 10:45:41 PM »

?Mike, are you hitting too many of those Heinekens again??? ?In this post you completely disregard the musical talent of GNR 2006 by saying it could be Axl and 7 people off this board and shows would sell out, and in another post you compare GNR 2006's tour to that of Poison or Cinderella. ?Do I have to say, "Give me a fuckin' break?"

Are you attempting to disregard my talent, you snot?

And here I was considering board members for the band I'd like to share the opportunity with. You were up there, but now...

Tongue

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2006, 11:00:42 PM »

The Dirt, you crack me up.  hihi  I guess I'll have to go join Poison's forum tribute band instead.  peace  This wait is driving us all loony.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2006, 11:08:15 PM »

As long as Brett Michael's is fronting I'd say you have a future there indeed.  Smiley

Sorry, but  Kiss

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2006, 11:11:47 PM »

Why don't any of you people realise that nobody gives a shit what we think?

If you disagree with what's happening the only way to protest is to stop following the band, don't go to concerts, and don't buy the album.

Moaning about it here ain't gonna do you any good.

I was checking out the thread about Axl on KROQ, and instead I get pointless moaning.  Roll Eyes

Guns N' Roses is: Axl, Robin, Tommy, Richard, Brain, Chris, Dizzy, and Ron.

They're doing what they want, they're enjoying it, if you can't accept this state of affairs follow the above instructions.

Man, I'm tired of reading the same shit.  no

@#$%Funker

Thank you..

gnrevolution.com
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2006, 02:37:13 AM »

I think that back in the day there was a good reason why Axl choosed to 'rehash' the old material. If they would've released new material when the new band was introduced and the majority of the set list would've been new to the crowd, everyone would've said: "This ain't Guns n' Roses, It's just Axl and some guys, and they don't even play real Guns n' Roses songs!"

So at least now some of us have been given a chance to go to a concert and realize that "Hell, maybe this is Guns n' Roses, There's Axl and... did I see Izzy there? Oh boy these AFD tunes rock!"

Do you see the point that I mean?

Well I know it has been many years, and many of us have already seen the new band and are bored to hell with the band playing almost all old material and not releasing the new album and so on... But that's just us.? yes

I think that Axl is still on his crusade introducing the new band as Guns n' Roses to the big crowds. Europe is done, east coast of the U.S. was done in 2002 (well, almost hihi), but they haven't played in the west coast yet...

So my conclusion and prediction is pretty hopeful: maybe we are getting to an end of an era, and maybe a new one is about to start. Axl did say: "We'll add some new songs to the set list as the tour goes on", didn't he? So why in the world they would add new songs any more if there wasn't any album or single or some kind of material coming out any time soon? And? earlier he did say the magic words: "Fall, late fall." It sure fits the pattern, in my opinion.

peace
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:38:55 AM by mr self destruct » Logged

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2006, 05:42:09 AM »

I am actually pretty positive about the cities they've announced so far. They're all big cities, metropolitan area, the same kinds that were the best sellers during the 2002 tour. For instance, GNR played two gigs in Illinois. Moline was half-empty, while the nearly twice as big Rosemont venue was packed, a damn near sellout, I'm told. The difference? Rosemont is Chicagoland, and thus inspired concert-goers from the surrounding areas.

Roughly half the gigs of 2002 had reasonable attendance, the other half was pretty bad. Cut the bad half out, and theoretically you have a US tour that turns a little profit.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2006, 05:57:26 AM »

Why don't any of you people realise that nobody gives a shit what we think?

If you disagree with what's happening the only way to protest is to stop following the band, don't go to concerts, and don't buy the album.

Moaning about it here ain't gonna do you any good.

I was checking out the thread about Axl on KROQ, and instead I get pointless moaning.  Roll Eyes

Guns N' Roses is: Axl, Robin, Tommy, Richard, Brain, Chris, Dizzy, and Ron.

They're doing what they want, they're enjoying it, if you can't accept this state of affairs follow the above instructions.

Man, I'm tired of reading the same shit.  no

@#$%Funker

Amen bro!  I dont understand why all these people who don't like the band or feel this is a band or disagree with every decision that is made still come here just to moan and bitch  no

Why do all threads have to turn into this same tired discussion? 

Axl stays in hiding for years, people bitch that he's not doing anything and wasting his life away.  Axl does a tour, people bitch the setlist isn't what they'd like or they don't like one of the guitar players, or they dont like how Axl dresses.  Some people are never ever going to be happy.  Roll Eyes
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2006, 06:01:30 AM »

So.. this isn't the real band?

Last time I checked it's a real band out there playing some old songs, some amazing new songs, some new covers and doing it all with smiles on their faces and to perfection.

That seems like the real band to me.

Me too ok

I just don't get, Mikeguliana, why is it that you hate GN'R so much ?

Can't you just accept them as a band ? I mean it's always the same arguments from you, basically "the originals that made AFD, the GN'R name, hired guns, etc."

Well Slash & Co weren't forced to quit in the first place. They chosed to do so. They gave up the name too. So if they were GN'R and cared so much they would all come together and handled Axl way better than what they did. They decided to leave damn it ! Axl refused GN'R to die and moved on. So it is GN'R out there playing.

The 5 originals recorded only "AFD" and "Lies", then it was already a new band that worked on the UYI's, then another band that toured those albums. then another one who recorded TSI, and another one who did Sympathy For The Devil, and now a new one that worked on CD.

It has evolved since day one, even before they did AFD it was a different line-up.

I'm just saying nobody in GN'R these days stole anything from anybody.

It is a band and they go by the name Guns N' Roses.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #250 on: August 23, 2006, 07:02:40 AM »

Alright people, try to stay on topic please. (Axl on KROQ)  beer
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: