Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:16:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on kroq!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on kroq!  (Read 56535 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2006, 03:35:39 PM »

This whole "an album needs to be released for a tour to be valid" line of thinking seems flawed to me.  If the European tour proved anything, it's that GNR does not necessarily need a new album for a tour to be successful.  I know a lot of you want to think otherwise, but a GNR tour means one thing: money.  GNR can still successfully tour and make money without a new album.  People will still pay $90 and up to hear the hits and could care less whether they're not playing TWAT or Better. 

If you think of GNR as a corporation, as a brand name, you can understand why Axl and co. would continue to tour without an album.  I love it how GNR fans seem more concerned about Axl's career and than he seems himself.  It's not your career, so what do you care?  Let's be honest, this isn't frustration over GNR touring without an album release.  This is more about frustration about the album not be released period. 

Bottom line: it's his career, let him worry about it.  Go live yorur life and stop obsessing over his.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but for one thing, I think America is going to be tougher and less forgiving than Europe.

Ali
Steel_Angel
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2006, 03:37:36 PM »

I dont care when they release the album, it would be good if they would just release a single  Shocked
in a few days  confused
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2006, 03:40:04 PM »

Did they say anything about playing this interview again?  I remember the last interview could be accessed on the site.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2006, 03:40:37 PM »

I dont care when they release the album, it would be good if they would just release a single  Shocked
in a few days  confused
Would be great
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2006, 03:41:11 PM »

regarding Trunk Show: just got email from Mr. Trunk and he said probably not!
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2006, 03:41:58 PM »

Inland Invasion, cool lineup, shitty fucking venue...Vegas Baby Vegas...Saturday night on the floor, hope to see all you fuckers that can make it there!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2006, 03:42:02 PM »

I dont care when they release the album, it would be good if they would just release a single? Shocked
in a few days? confused
Would be great

Amen to that!
anythinggoes
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2006, 03:50:52 PM »

regarding Trunk Show: just got email from Mr. Trunk and he said probably not!

thats a good enough no for me

so is axl back in US now or what or was it a long distance interview
DemocracyRose
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2006, 03:51:44 PM »

Still only one person who heard this interview...? ?Undecided
Origen
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2006, 03:53:04 PM »

Still only one person who heard this interview...? ?Undecided

That's what concerns me.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2006, 03:59:37 PM »

Its not exactly hard to call KROQ for verification...

Common sense, folks. Common sense.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2006, 04:06:46 PM »

went on kroqs website and NOTHING bout an axl interview...if this guy made this topic up--TIME TO BAN.........if its true, i want an mp3
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2006, 04:10:19 PM »

I'm sure thousands pf people heard the interview...just not people from this board...i think its a crappy radio station, so I dont listen to it day in and day out just for a chance of hearing Axl...Why would he make it up? He didn't say anything too remarkable anyways...noww if he said that Axl said a release date for Chinese Democracy, then I would have my doubts...

Axl is God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2006, 04:12:32 PM »

I'm sure thousands pf people heard the interview...just not people from this board...i think its a crappy radio station, so I dont listen to it day in and day out just for a chance of hearing Axl...Why would he make it up? He didn't say anything too remarkable anyways...noww if he said that Axl said a release date for Chinese Democracy, then I would have my doubts...

really?! not many people are interested in that station even with them hosting the gig that brings GnR back to LA for the first live gig in a dozen years Huh If i lived there I would be glued to that station for updates yes

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2006, 04:15:35 PM »

really?! not many people are interested in that station even with them hosting the gig that brings GnR back to LA for the first live gig in a dozen years Huh If i lived there I would be glued to that station for updates yes

lol, I know what your saying, but theres really no updates to expect, we know they are playing, and yes, I want a mp3 of the interview too, all Im saying is that it doesn't surprise me we don't have one. Have you listened to KROQ beofre? The playlist there sucks...Half the time I couldn't even classify it as a "rock" station

Axl is God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »

lol, I know what your saying, but theres really no updates to expect, we know they are playing, and yes, I want a mp3 of the interview too, all Im saying is that it doesn't surprise me we don't have one. Have you listened to KROQ beofre? The playlist there sucks...Half the time I couldn't even classify it as a "rock" station

I've heard K-Rock out of detroit...is it the same chain? anyway I like the Detroit one Undecided

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2006, 04:24:09 PM »

I've heard K-Rock out of detroit...is it the same chain? anyway I like the Detroit one Undecided

no no... go to www.kroq.com   and click "listen live" and listen for about 15 minutes and tell me what you think

Axl is God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2006, 04:28:21 PM »

no no... go to www.kroq.com? ?and click "listen live" and listen for about 15 minutes and tell me what you think

well I"m not gonna sign up but the playlist looks pretty standard to me for a current rock station..I like a little more classic tunes than that but i wouldn't be totally unable to listen hihi

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

If this interview really happened and no mention of CD was made at all then I think that the chances of seeing this album in 2006 just diminished a lot.  And to think I bet my friend a 100$ that this album would be out this year! rant
Steel_Angel
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2006, 04:33:58 PM »

If this interview really happened and no mention of CD was made at all then I think that the chances of seeing this album in 2006 just diminished a lot.? And to think I bet my friend a 100$ that this album would be out this year! rant
ROFL!? crying
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: